All Things Mariner Of The Seas

TBone which excursion company did you use for the Caye Caulker snorkel? That's the one for us! Ecco?

We used Coral breeze tours - but they used another tour company's boat. You can sign up on-line, or just sign up when you get to belize. We were lucky that there were only about 10-15 people on our tour. I've read stories of them jamming 25-30 people in one boat. We had a fabulous time. It's looking like we will not be able to make the 1/13 cruise, but we will keep our fingers crossed.

• 3 weeks later...
Here are pics of 8690 : http://www.voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/aft_83908690/gallery.html

Positives are: They both have huge balconies

Negatives: 8690 only has single door as opposed to double sliding. The super structure of the back of the ship will block some of your view. I think the corner aft will have a better view.

Neutral: The walk to the back of the ship; for some it's a positive was to burn calories, for others it is a large inconvenience.

Thank you. The walk to the back of the ship is never a negative (the legs still work well :) )

I thought 8690 had only a single door and not a slider so point for 8692. How much of a blockage is there in 8692? And one last question is 8690 a smaller cabin because of the curve of the ship?

Chris

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are on the Mariner for April 2013 and was wondering if anyone knows if any types of cooking classes are offered on the Mariner. I have tried to find a current daily compass with no luck. Also would like to know what nights are formal nights.

For the Cozumel, GC, Jamaica route which nights are formal? Monday and Friday? Seems those were the nights on Voyager for the same itinerary. Thanks!

I am wondering the same thing....probably will have to wait until next month when she starts running this itinerary...

Bonnie

DW and I sailed on the Mariner last Christmas. We had such an awesome experience we are spending this Christmas on her, too. We loved everything about her! :)

You can see my wife's pictures at the link below!

http://nancysoasis.com/christmascruise2011/christmascruise2011.html

Looking at your photos has made me even more excited (if that's possible!) for our Mariner cruise!!! Thank you for posting them!!!:D:D:D

@ Ladysilver - Glad you enjoyed the pictures. I'm glad my wife enjoys taking them. It's a great way to "relive" each cruise.

Formal Nights - Last year there were two formal nights. Both were on sea days if I remember right. They will be announced in the Cruise Compass daily newsletter.

Thomas Kinkade Gallery - According to the Royal Caribbean website, there is one on the Mariner.

Dog House - It would be nice if it is open. We enjoyed the one on the Radiance in August on our Alaska cruise. But, most likely the only place open for lunch will be the Windjammer :eek:

In any case, I'm sure you are all just as excited about this upcoming cruise as we are :D :D:D:D

• 1 month later...

Don't get too excited about the cooking classes. The head chef has some major personality issues and is just plain old not nice (he also REALLY likes young ladies). I was on the MOS for 16 days and went to the three classes. The first one gave general instructions for risotto and something else but he doesn't do the cooking, but just describes the process. You don't get proportions or even coherent directions- sort of out of order. You can't see the process because he just stands in front of the other chefs and talks.

The next class was the most helpful and showed you how to put together a black forest cake. But then, mean chef had a contest where he ruined the passenger's cakes by spinning them and the whipped cream flew off. He felt he won because his cake was the only one left.

The last class taught how to make crab cakes and gave general proportions and some helpful hints.

In all, you would do better to watch a video on foodtv.

Don't get too excited about the cooking classes. The head chef has some major personality issues and is just plain old not nice (he also REALLY likes young ladies). I was on the MOS for 16 days and went to the three classes. The first one gave general instructions for risotto and something else but he doesn't do the cooking, but just describes the process. You don't get proportions or even coherent directions- sort of out of order. You can't see the process because he just stands in front of the other chefs and talks.

The next class was the most helpful and showed you how to put together a black forest cake. But then, mean chef had a contest where he ruined the passenger's cakes by spinning them and the whipped cream flew off. He felt he won because his cake was the only one left.

The last class taught how to make crab cakes and gave general proportions and some helpful hints.

In all, you would do better to watch a video on foodtv.

I went to the risotto and crab cake demos (I didn't think they were going to be classes) and was throroughly entertained by Chef. I think he's funny. I didn't see the cake decorating. Funny how we all see things differently. I was hoping for tastes, but that didn't happen.

I was on the Mariner last April 2012 in a portside balcony to Cozumel, Cayman and Jamaica. Being portside I expected to see ports when we docked. This wasn't the case. Starboard was actually facing all three ports. This never happened when I've cruised before. Anyone else experience this and know if this is still the way Mariner is still docking? Thanks! :)

Archived