Difference between balconies on Aloha and Caribe - Caribbean Princess

abigayle

Can someone tell me what the difference is with the balconies on Aloha and Caribe deck on Caribbean Princess? Are the balconies on Aloha deck covered? Choices are A635 or C235?
Go for C235.

The Aloha balconies are small -- just big enough for two small chairs and a table -- and are completely covered. They are narrow (4'?) and are the width of the cabin. The Caribe deck balconies are more than 2x as big and are half-covered, half-uncovered. They are big enough for two half-loungers, two chairs and a medium-sized table. To me, there's no comparison. You can really relax on a Caribe deck balcony; you can sit out on an Aloha balcony but not much more.

The Aloha deck you will have privacy, the Caribe deck people can look down onto your balcony. Whatever is more important, size our privacy. We were on the Aloha before and would book it again we just like our privacy. What ever your choice is enjoy, we loved having breakfast and late afternoon drinks out on the balcony .

Thanks, I also like the location of the Aloha cabin being closer to the pool deck. Just wondered what the difference was with the balconies on these 2 decks. Leaning towards the Aloha deck.

The Aloha balconies are small but plenty big enough for two people to sit and enjoy the views. We spent every morning and evening on the balcony enjoying the day. We could see the two decks below us - Baja and Caribe balconies. The Caribe were definately bigger but no privacy at all. I am glad we ended up with the Aloha deck. Great location mid ship. A427

Cabin interiors are the same size - only difference is balcony size. Aloha (and Lido, Baja, Riviera decks) balconies on Caribbean Princess and other Grand Class ships, are sized 9 ft. wide x 5 ft. deep with full ceiling overhang. Caribe deck balconies are sized 9 ft. wide x 9 ft. deep with ceiling overhang over the first 5 ft.

Sitting under the covered portion on Caribe, you have full privacy from those looking down from above. Standing at your balcony, you can be seen from above but you can look up and see them as well. Not sure what all the fuss is with "full privacy" on the balconies... I would choose the additional balcony space on Caribe deck everytime....

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!

We could see the two decks below us - Baja and Caribe balconies. The Caribe were definately bigger but no privacy at all.
Just to clarify for others who are wondering--what you saw was the half of Caribe and the Dolphin balconies. The Baja was directly below you and all you would have seen is the railing if you looked straight down.

The first visible balcony was the half of the Caribe that is uncovered. It may have looked like a full open balcony, but it was only the uncovered half that was the same size as your balcony. The other half was fully covered, not visible to you and was just as private as your balcony.

The only totally uncoved, fully visible balcony was the Dolphin deck balcony.

Sorry, you are right about the decks. I should have said no privacy if you are standing at the railing or sitting close to the rails. Not sure if this will work but I have attached a picture from the Aloha Deck.

DSC02277.jpg.2a59c837b0c6a8eb896f5637f58bd3b1.jpg

Archived