Want to lose 20 for the 6-10-07 Conquest Cruise

MamaMac

:mad: Okay, I am mad at myself for putting on this weight and now I would like to lose 20 pounds before I sail on the Carnival Conquest 6-10-07 Cruise. I know I can do it if I just set my mind to it. Today I went to try on bathingsuits and about threw-up in the fitting room!!! I am not asking to look like a model. If I could lose the 20 pounds I would feel a little more confident around the pool. I started walking 2 miles at a fast pace and working out. Here goes!!!!

WHO WANTS TO JOIN ME IN THE BATTLE OF THE BULGE:eek:

:mad: Okay, I am mad at myself for putting on this weight and now I would like to lose 20 pounds before I sail on the Carnival Conquest 6-10-07 Cruise. I know I can do it if I just set my mind to it. Today I went to try on bathingsuits and about threw-up in the fitting room!!! I am not asking to look like a model. If I could lose the 20 pounds I would feel a little more confident around the pool. I started walking 2 miles at a fast pace and working out. Here goes!!!!

I would love to join you on this venture of losing 20 LBS.

I am cruising on 6/17/07 I have one extra week after you

Pema

LET'S DO IT PEMA!!!!!!! Today was really hard!!! My first temptation was this morning while I was working out and watching television. I had to endure many fast food commercials which didn't make exercising easy. Then on the way to work I pass two great donut shops, two McDonald's and my favorite pizza place. WOW, it really is hard to eat healthy with all the temptations out there. :( But I took my lunch to work and ate my low calorie supper and now I am finished for the day. I am proud of my accomplishment. How did you do today?

STAY STRONG:)

Hi Mamamac I did NOT have a great day yesterday.

I was fine till 4PM when my WONDERFUL thin husband had a glass of Merlot poured for me and nibbles ( cheese ; nuts; crackers ) and no exercise.

Breakfast & lunch were great. egg white omelet with veggies and salad with turkey for lunch

I have to say since DH retired we have " Happy Hour" at 4PM during the weekdays. I work till 2PM I must curtail this temporarily. I love my wine

Today it is 8:45 AM and I have had a bowl of Fiber One cereal with blueberries and skim milk coffee and water

I appreciate your contact. I am so happy for you and your success yesterday.

Talk to you tomorrow hopefully with a better scenario

Pema

I had a really bad day yesterday also. Hubby comes home from work and suggests Mexican food and who am I to turn that down:( So, not only did I have the Mexican food I also had the margarita. Guilty but good! But today I made up for it. I had my wheat toast with fresh strawberries for breakfast, for lunch had my Healthy Choice dinner and for supper I was lazy and had another Healthy Choice. Told hubby he was on his own tonight. Hopefully I made up for what I did yesterday:o Feel good about today so here's hoping to a good day for us tomorrow!

Stay Strong!

Okay, back on the diet again.

2 POUNDS GONE!!:o

Not great but it is working! How is everybody else doing on their diet? I am really counting the calories and eating healthy. This is tough but

I AM GOING TO DO THIS!

:confused: I seem to be the only person trying to lose weight on this cruise. Okay, I need some support here so just jump in and help me out please! I lost another pound:D Don't know if I will make my goal in 30 days but I sure as heck am going to try. Had two Healthy Choice meals today which is easier for me when I don't have to think about what I am going to cook. Looking into maybe joining a weight loss program but I don't want anything permanent, and the fact that I am really lazy and hate to dedicate my time to attend meetings doesn't give me much choice.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone:o

Hi,

I am sailing June 30th and also need to lose. I will be glad to report in with you. I have been doing low carb, I am going to do the bootcamp on Kimkims. Usually I can lose at least five punds per week. I have lost 17 and would like to lose at least 20 more before I go. I am going to walk everynight.

So... Let's check in and encourage each other!:)

Thank you LUL8TR for joining in! I am not involved in a weight loss group and checking in on this page has actually helped keep me challenged. I do have something now to report to.:) What is the bootcamp on KimKims? Losing 5 pounds a week is something I may be interested in. I lost another 2 pounds. I am exercising in the morning and walking in the evening when it gets cooler. I enjoy my walks outside and enjoy the nature around me. I am still being lazy and popping the Healthy Choice meals in the microwave but I am not sure how long this is going to last:confused: I know I am going to get sick of the taste soon....or should I say lack of taste! I may be trying something new to continue my weight loss.

STAY STRONG!

Tricia

Well, I wasn't very good yesterday!!!:( I enjoyed Mother's Day a little too much!!!! But hey, it was worth it!:p I am back in the saddle today and it wasn't too tough getting back on the diet! I didn't weigh myself today because I thought I might throw the scale across the room. Isn't it funny after one day of cheating you can put on 2 to 3 pounds but it takes a whole stinking week to drop those 2 to 3 pounds. NOT FAIR!!!!! How did all you other mothers do yesterday?

STAY STRONG DIETERS!!!!!!!!!:)

Tricia

Hey MamaMac,

I'm sailing on June 9 on Royal Caribbean and I too am trying to loose. I don't consider your Healthy Choice dinners lazy -- I consider my Smart Ones and Lean Cuisine the center of my diet! A microwave dinner and salad for lunch and a microwave dinner and veggies for dinner. Breakfast I have Kashi frozen waffles and a piece of fruit, or yogurt and fruit. The main thing for me is sticking to what I know is the right calorie count in the dinners, so I can't possibly go wrong. I have a 90 calorie cereal bar in the morning and/or afternoon for a snack, and drown in water. So far I've lost 12 pounds in 4 weeks. Not as much as I'd like, but then, I'm not 20 anymore and able to loose weight just by thinking about it.

So ... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, MAMAMAC! Someone else is rooting for you.

:) CAT20 THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORTIVE WORDS! GREAT JOB IN YOUR WEIGHT LOSS!!!

I AM TRYING TO COUNT CALORIES BUT I CAN'T SEEM TO FIGURE OUT HOW MANY I SHOULD HAVE EACH DAY.:confused: I HAVE TRIED 1500 AND I DON'T LOSE WEIGHT SO I TRY 1200 AND MAINTAIN SO THEN I DROP TO 1000 AND CAN ACTUALLY LOSE WEIGHT. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT IS NOT ENOUGH CALORIES PER DAY BUT IF I EAT MORE I CAN'T LOSE WEIGHT!!!!!! EATING THE HEALTHY CHOICE HELPS KEEP ME IN THE CALORIE COUNT AND LEAVES OUT THE GUESSWORK. I HAVEN'T TRIED THE KASHI FROZEN WAFFLES FOR BREAKFAST. I WILL GIVE THEM A TRY THEY SOUND GOOD. I GET A LITTLE BORING IN MY MENU PLANNING AND SOMETIMES NEED HELP. I DON'T WANT TO GET BURN-OUT. I DID HAVE A GOOD DAY TODAY WITH THE DIET AND EXERCISE. I WILL KNOW HOW WELL I DID TOMORROW MORNING WHEN I GET ON THE SCALE:eek:

DIETERS STAY STRONG!!!!!!!

Ok, ok, so I know it is a fad diet, but it works for quick weight loss. I lost 20 lbs for my wedding last year...and sure enough it all came right back, but the point is that the photos looked GREAT! I just need to lose 10 this time around so I won't look obscene in a bikini.

All I can say is THIS IS NOT CHOCOLATE! Yea, they say that "you get to eat chocolate everyday" but it really tastes more like tar-brownies. I just keep thinking about the EXTRA lobster tails with EXTRA butter I'm going to enjoy soon.

Look out Buffet, here I come!!!!

ok joining the group.. I just reserved our stateroom for the july 6th 07 3day. I too put on the pounds (really its been an up and down battle, lose, get lasy stop working out eat crap and put it back on) SO NO I tried on a bathing suit and literally lol in the dressing room thinking i looked more like a beached whale then a person in it. SO I started on Wed back on the treadmil. I hope to lose 20lbs by then.. BUt I will be happy with 15 LOL

Keep up the good work everyone!

Congratulations all you joining in on the weight loss wagon:)

This past weekend was HORRIBLE:mad: Friday night I went to my daughter's banquet and ate an obscene amount of wonderful food. Saturday was my husband's company picnic and the bar-b-que was amazing not to say the popcorn, beer, snowcones, hotdogs...and just when I thought I was full we passed COTTON CANDY:eek: I LOVE COTTON CANDY!!!!!!!! Needless to say that diet day went down the drain. Today was my niece's birthday I ate cake, icecream, chips and dips and all that goes with it. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH:( I think I am going to get my walking shoes on and take a long hard walk around the jogging trail at the park and walk off some of these consumed calories. I don't want to get on the scale now because I think I will throw it against the wall! I am determined to do well this entire week seeing I only have 20 more days to cruise:eek:

NutraSystem did you say McCraig????????

Can I join you on your mission? I'm cruising in a month and just want to lose some weight before then. Fifteen pounds will be ideal, but I"d be happy with just LOSING!

Also want to really tone up my arms. I can cover up anything else, but my upper arms are the worse! Any advice for that?

Good job to everyone who's undertaken this mission!

:D Welcome Jotul!!!!

Jump right in and join the weight buster site!!!! After last weekend of cheating and cheating and cheating I ate nothing but my Healthy Choice meals and dropped the 3 pounds I gained over the weekend plus another 2:) I don't know if I will make my 20 pound goal but I am getting in some cute clothes, which I have already started purchasing. ;) I am going to try and be a good dieter this weekend but there are more temptations coming up!!!! Good luck to all of you and STAY STRONG!

DROPPED ANOTHER 2 POUNDS:) DON'T THINK I WILL MAKE THE 20 POUND GOAL BEFORE THE CRUISE BUT I AM HAPPY WITH WHAT I HAVE ACCOMPLISHED SO FAR!!!!! HOPE ALL YOU ARE DOING GREATAND KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK WITH YOUR DIETS. LEAN CUISINES AND HEALTHY CHOICE FOR ME:D

I am still struggling. MUST EXERCISE besides dieting. I am down 2.5 lbs. cruise on Crown is 6/17

Maybe I will get a few more off

K.I.T.

Pema

Hi PEMA! I have come to realize that I won't meet my goal weight for the cruise....but it is okay because I am still going to enjoy the cuisine and activities the ship has to offer. I bought my bathing suit and it has a cute cover up and I really don't care if I lose any more weight. I just have to be happy with the way I am right now. If I lose another 2 pounds before next Sunday that will be an added bonus. I know I will need to get back on this diet when my ship comes in because I am going to dock with a few more pounds than when I sailed:eek:

Dieters Stay Strong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o Didn't make my goal weight loss but at this point I don't care!!!!! I plan on eating all the wonderful food the Conquest has to offer and enjoying myself. Good luck to all of you dieters out there and remember, when life throws you a lemon, make lemon merinque pie :p

Archived