Rci Welcome To My Country...

Patry - Thank you so much for any information. We are looking forward to visiting Cartagena on Celebrity's Summit in early December. We had planned to visit there once before, but the ship cancelled the port several years ago. Nancy

Patry, we were on the Radiance and loved the wonderful welcome we had that day!

It is a beautiful city and we had a great time touring around and taking photos. It was such a celebration that day with music and dancing on the pier. It was a highlight of our Panama cruise.:)

hi yes i am still here just having computers problems! these weekend i have a wedding in cartagena so i will try to find out more info on privates tours and take some pictures... is there something in particular someone needs??? i'll try to find out prices on taxis, horse "carriges" so you can have ideas and good deals..something that you NEED to buy is called SOMBRERO VOLTEAO, is hat hand made is very distinguish of the north atlantic region, as a matter of fact is very common and nice that for example when clinton, george bush, the kings of spain and some VIP peolpe have come they allways have ones given to them..ladys where them to the beach, guys for outdoors..its nice...

i will try to find deals and info for everyone!!!

HASTA LUEGO(BYE,BYE):cool:

hi yes i am still here just having computers problems! these weekend i have a wedding in cartagena so i will try to find out more info on privates tours and take some pictures... is there something in particular someone needs??? i'll try to find out prices on taxis, horse "carriges" so you can have ideas and good deals..something that you NEED to buy is called SOMBRERO VOLTEAO, is hat hand made is very distinguish of the north atlantic region, as a matter of fact is very common and nice that for example when clinton, george bush, the kings of spain and some VIP peolpe have come they allways have ones given to them..ladys where them to the beach, guys for outdoors..its nice...

i will try to find deals and info for everyone!!!

HASTA LUEGO(BYE,BYE):cool:

"Thanks Kate. We guess we were looking for information on guided tours or taxis we could hire for a half a day city tour. Can not seem to find names of reliable tour companies.

Hi Patry, the above quote was from someone on our cruise. They are looking for guided tours or Taxi's to hire of a reliable nature.

Any advise would be great. Hope you get your PC problems sorted out. :) Good luck for the wedding.

Muchas Gratias.

do you guys know for how long usually the ship stay in cartagena?6 hours??

Hi patry, Rhapsody of the Seas will be in Cartagena from 7:00 AM till sailaway at 6:00 PM.

We were on the Radiance with CVU and thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Cartagena. The President's visit and all the hoopla was especially interesting....even Juan Valdez and his mule were there with coffee! Loved it!

Didn't Had Time To Post These Earlier But Rci With The Radiance Of The Seas Came For The First Time To My Country Colombia To Cartagena..it Was A Big Event, The President Of Our Country Welcome The Tourist, And It Was Everywhere In The News.cartagena Is Very Similar To Old Sanjuan.

Just Very Excited!!!:d

Thank you so much for posting. We were on the Radiance when it arrived in Cartagena on April 18, 2007 and I would like to thank the people of Cartagena for the warm and gracious welcome that was given to us. We so enjoyed your country and hope to visit again in the future.

Yes, it was a Big Event..........we never expected the welcome that we received. The music and the dancers on the pier will be something we shall always remember......plus the beautiful weather.

We did get to see the President as he boarded the ship. You are very lucky to have a person who is so passionate about his country and how much he wants to share it with the world.

The t-shirt that I purchased on the pier......"Columbia es passion"" will always remind me of the wonderful hospitality shown to us. Thank you again for a memorable day.

thanks for the happy notes on my country..the president is very nice and i am a ig fan of his political plan..

in regards of safety i haven't heard any ships having disembarkation problems, caragena is ver safe place to go!!

iam leaving tomorrow morning and try to get info

Have you heard anything about ships not letting passengers off in Cartagena because of the danger to U.S. citizens? A cruise agent told a friend that had happened to her. Just curious.

We had absolutely no problem when we got off the ship. There were four of us so we walked to the main terminal which is about a five minute walk from the ship.......found the taxi drivers that we were told about, got into a taxi..........told the driver where we wanted to go and off we went. He stopped anywhere that we wanted to take pictures, took us to the flea market. Our tour lasted a little over 2 hours and we returned safely back to the ship. It cost us each $10, and then we tipped our driver upon our return.

The new President of Columbia wants the tourism back and is making it very safe for cruise pax while they are there. We would not hesitate to go back and see more of this beautiful country. I think with any port you go to, there is always danger............you have to be smart and alert........and travel in groups.

We had absolutely no problem when we got off the ship. There were four of us so we walked to the main terminal which is about a five minute walk from the ship.......found the taxi drivers that we were told about, got into a taxi..........told the driver where we wanted to go and off we went. He stopped anywhere that we wanted to take pictures, took us to the flea market. Our tour lasted a little over 2 hours and we returned safely back to the ship. It cost us each $10, and then we tipped our driver upon our return.

The new President of Columbia wants the tourism back and is making it very safe for cruise pax while they are there. We would not hesitate to go back and see more of this beautiful country. I think with any port you go to, there is always danger............you have to be smart and alert........and travel in groups.

Patti, thank you for posting this message, because I think a lot of people are under the impression that it is dangerous to disembark here. I think it is probably no different from a number of other ports. I have a number of folk on my roll call who have this idea. I think you have to be careful wherever you are.

Bye the way we are just ahead of you guys on the reverse sail Santos to Valparaiso, members cruise 2/10.

Kate

Hello Patry! I cruised to your city two times but that was in 1995 and 1998. Can you tell me...What was the name of the Monestary at the top of the hill? There was the body of a priest in a glass coffin. It was such a beautiful church, and I cannot remember the name.

I bought emerald earrings and bracelet at Casa Amberes which was also a very good jewelery store, with a good reputation. Is that jeweler still there? I hope to return again next year.

I enjoyed seeing the city, the bullfight ring, and the markets that were inside the old walls. :)

• 2 weeks later...

IF YOU WANTED TO GO TO THE BEACH ISLA DEL ROSARIO TRIP IS THE BEST ONE TO DO. THEY WILL TAKE YOU IN A BOAT TO ALOT OF TINY ISLANDS TOUR, THE WATER IS ALL KINDS OF BLUE AND GREEN SHADES, IS A 40 MINUTES BOAT TRIP FROM CGENA TO THE ISLANDS.I SUPPSSED THEY WILL TAKE YOU TO ONE OF THE ISLANDS FOR LUNCH. THE WAY TO GO IS FRIED FISH AND PLATAINS WITH COCOUNT RICE. TYPCAL FOOD. FRESH LOBSTER AND ALL KIND OF JUST "FISHED" FRESH SEA FOOD ARE AVAILABLE, ASK FOR IT. BU PLEASE BARGAING FOR PRICES.

Patry - Do you know if we can do this on our own safely with port times of 7 am to 2:30 pm? (We will be on the Azamara Journey coming in on Nov 5th). Not sure if we dock or tender. All you had to do was say fish, plantains and cocanut rice. We spent a few days in Puerto Rico last November and I fell in love with plantains. Had them cooked one way or another almost every day we were there.

I love to snorkel, so had pretty much planned to snorkel every chance I can get. I'm in land locked Atlanta Ga so don't have any access to beaches unless we cruise or drive at least 8 hrs.

[Patry - Do you know if we can do this on our own safely with port times of 7 am to 2:30 pm? (We will be on the Azamara Journey coming in on Nov 5th). Not sure if we dock or tender. All you had to do was say fish, plantains and cocanut rice. We spent a few days in Puerto Rico last November and I fell in love with plantains. Had them cooked one way or another almost every day we were there.

I love to snorkel, so had pretty much planned to snorkel every chance I can get. I'm in land locked Atlanta Ga so don't have any access to beaches unless we cruise or drive at least 8 hrs.

WELL THE ISLA DEL ROSARIO TRIP IS 1 1/2 HOUR SO YOU WOULB BE LIKE 2 HOURS IN THE ISALND SUPPOSING YIU LEAVE AT NINE THEN RETURNED LIKE 12:30

SO IS ALITTE TIGTH SCHEDULE DO YOU KNOW IF YOUR SHIP HAVE THAT EXCURSION SINCE WITH THEM YOU WOULD BE SAFE IN TME WISE...

SOME OF YOU GUYS WANTED A LOCAL TOURS I FOUND ONE THAT I ACTUALLY KNOW THE OWNER BT THE PROBLEM IS THAT SHE DOESN'T HAVE A WEB PAGE BUT SHE DOES HAVE AN EMAIL AN LOCAL PHONE SOME ONE NEEDS IT???

SOME OF YOU GUYS WANTED A LOCAL TOURS I FOUND ONE THAT I ACTUALLY KNOW THE OWNER BT THE PROBLEM IS THAT SHE DOESN'T HAVE A WEB PAGE BUT SHE DOES HAVE AN EMAIL AN LOCAL PHONE SOME ONE NEEDS IT???

I would like her e-mail address Patry if you don't mind. Thanks for all of your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Patry,

Thanks for your help. We will be in Cartegna next March when The Constellation stops there for the day. I am interested in tour operators also so I hope you come back your friends e-mail. I also like the idea of taking the cab to town and then taking a carriage ride around. So I guess I better get busy and do my research on what I want to see.

Thanks again,

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone i was in california on vacations for 20 days...

idid my homework and i wrote to the lady i know that do tours and iam waiting for her reponse so i could send you her email...about the monastery at the top of the mountain is called LA POPA and is a must see..i'll promise that b the end of the week you will have her email....:)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived