Pride Questions for a Newbie

moxie07

First time CCruiser asking some basic Pride questions, so please don't flame me. What is the best time to get to Long Beach for embarkation? Is there a best place to park? Are there lines to get on etc.? On another note. Can someone please give me recommendations on waterproof carriers when going ashore for stuff like money, credit/license etc. Is the waist pack better than the lanyard that goes around your neck.

Brooklyn Dave

Arrive at the Port around 10:00 am and you will be sitting sweet.

There is covered Parking there right at the Port... about 200 yards from the ship. $12/day.

When you first arrive in to the parking garage, drop off your luggage at the entrance with the Porters. Maybe on can stay with the luggage until the other gets back from parking the car. This is where you drop off your luggage with the Porters (the only place, actually). They will get it to the ship. $1 tip per bad is customary.

Next, Do early check-in at the Queen Mary. Early check-in is inside the Queen Mary. After checking in, walk over to the big white dome and wait in the "early check-in" line. I heard they refer to lines as zones now.

At this point, you are all set for a fantastic cruise.:)

Can someone please give me recommendations on waterproof carriers when going ashore for stuff like money, credit/license etc. Is the waist pack better than the lanyard that goes around your neck.

I'm about to go purchase a waterproof carrier. The one I keep seeing over and over again is "Dry Pak"... all kinds of sizes... most say waterproof to 30 feet.

I think I will look for the waist pack... but it's kind of small at 5"x6". I decide when I look at these in person.

First time CCruiser asking some basic Pride questions, so please don't flame me. What is the best time to get to Long Beach for embarkation? Is there a best place to park? Are there lines to get on etc.? On another note. Can someone please give me recommendations on waterproof carriers when going ashore for stuff like money, credit/license etc. Is the waist pack better than the lanyard that goes around your neck.

Brooklyn Dave

When are you cruising? I am going in October.....can't wait 5 months,2 weeks & 4 days......not that I'm counting or anything.....LOL

On another note. Can someone please give me recommendations on waterproof carriers when going ashore for stuff like money, credit/license etc. Is the waist pack better than the lanyard that goes around your neck.

Other brands of waterproof carriers I'm considering is Aquapac... looks like many of their products are waterproof to 30 feet too. A bit more pricy, however.

We just got back from our cruise on the Pride. What a fantastic vacation. This is our 6th cruise and our 3rd on Carnival and its still our favorite cruise line. We never had an adjoining room but had heard that to be able to get thru the door, they do not have a couch in the room. Don't know if that is true or not, you might call Carnival direct. We were on the 8th deck on forward but did not have the noise people talked about or the extra swaying of the ship. It was just wonderful. Can't wait to go again. If anyone has any questions, please ask.

Archived