still looking for Jhlin and his band on the ecstasy

Im still searching for the band that plays in china towns lonunge on carnivals ecstasy..One of the guitar players names is Jhlin and I think one of the other guitar players names in Joe...They are 4 filipino guys and Jhlin is from the phillipines, Im wanting the bands name so I can see if they have a website...If anyone knows please forward info to me...thanks cruisers.........

The band's name is Music Highlights. They are/were awesome. We just sailed with them 4-30-07 thru 5-5-07. Dani is the drummer, Carlos is the Piano/Guitar player. I don't think they have a website as they just got together 6 months ago. I gave Dani my e-mail address, so hopefully he will keep in touch. They will be on the Ecstasy until September 2007.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Yes, Danilo, Carlos and Jhun and the younger guitarist are still there and still rocking. We just got back from there Thursday (6/21/07) and we sorry to have to leave.

Those guys are fantastic and totally floor you. You are amazed and awed by their talent right from the start. They really blow away the conception one may have about foreign speaking bands playing american music.

I got up and sang a few songs with them and let me tell you, they were more versatile and skilled than the band the cruise has for the revue shows. These guys should be doing much more than being lackeys on a cruise ship. They had the biggest crowds and the most dancing to take place anywhere on the ship.

They were the on board highlight to our cruise and they did tell us they had a website but I too was unable to locate anything so if you all hear of something, please PLEASE let me know. My husband and I would absolutely love to get the chance to hear them again!!!!:o

Guest Mary49
Hi,

Yes, Danilo, Carlos and Jhun and the younger guitarist are still there and still rocking. We just got back from there Thursday (6/21/07) and we sorry to have to leave.

Those guys are fantastic and totally floor you. You are amazed and awed by their talent right from the start. They really blow away the conception one may have about foreign speaking bands playing american music.

I got up and sang a few songs with them and let me tell you, they were more versatile and skilled than the band the cruise has for the revue shows. These guys should be doing much more than being lackeys on a cruise ship. They had the biggest crowds and the most dancing to take place anywhere on the ship.

They were the on board highlight to our cruise and they did tell us they had a website but I too was unable to locate anything so if you all hear of something, please PLEASE let me know. My husband and I would absolutely love to get the chance to hear them again!!!!:o

This is just how I feel about Music Boardwalk. They too are more versatile and skilled and should be doing much more than being lackeys on a cruise ship. I wonder if these groups play on land as well. Music Boardwalk also doesn't have a web site because I think they just do the shows for the ship. They make you feel that you are at a Madison Square Concert. I wonder how they are able to pull this off. Mary49

Archived