Best deck on Coral/Island Princess?

BethV114

I was wondering if anyone could tell me from personal experience which deck is the best for a balcony cabin and/or suite on Coral or Island Princess. I'm thinking of an Alaskan cruise for next summer and would like a good-sized balcony, but one which is either entirely or mostly covered from above so that we can still enjoy it if it rains (as I'm sure it will!). I would love to surprise my husband with a suite as his birthday gift, but will have to see what the pricing is like. In any event, I definitely want some type of a balcony cabin to enjoy the beautiful scenery!

Thanks for the help! :D

For a standard balcony cabin you would want to try to get one on the Caribe Deck. They are larger than balconies on the other decks, and are half covered, half open. Good Luck :)

Try this link to see which cabins on the Coral and Island Princess are covered and which are not.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

The Coral/Island Princess are not Grand class ships. They are considered to be expanded Sun class ships. One poster stated that you should book the Caribe deck, which would be a good choice for the Grand class. However, the Caribe deck may or may not be the correct choice for you on these ships. Good luck with your search.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me from personal experience which deck is the best for a balcony cabin and/or suite on Coral or Island Princess. I'm thinking of an Alaskan cruise for next summer and would like a good-sized balcony, but one which is either entirely or mostly covered from above so that we can still enjoy it if it rains (as I'm sure it will!). I would love to surprise my husband with a suite as his birthday gift, but will have to see what the pricing is like. In any event, I definitely want some type of a balcony cabin to enjoy the beautiful scenery!

Thanks for the help! :D

I would say Caribe too, we had a Starboard suite on the Island 9 day Alaska/coastal repo cruise last year and have had several forward mini suites on Caribe/Baja as well. :)

We had a Caribe deck minisuite, starboard, on northbound Inside passage cruise on the Coral in May/June of 2005. Balcony was partially covered and we loved it and the fact that we could walk forward to the open deck forward on the ship was great too.

We also had a Bali deck port side minisuite forward on the Coral for the Panama Canal in November 2004. It was not covered, but we loved it too and it was just steps from the forward deck area.

Archived