Car Rental Lahaina OGG or JHM?

coolcat12

I was planning on a rental car for Maui. We are tendering in at Lahaina from the Diamond Princess. Which airport code should I use for Avis? OGG or JHM? Looks like the JHM location is closer.

Thanks!

EDIT:::

I found that JHM is the one I need from the Avis website. Any experience with Avis at this location?

You must use the west-side location JHM. Not only is it closer to Lahaina, but it is the only location where any of the rental companies will shuttle to and from the Lahaina tender pier.

Kahului (OGG) is across the island and about an hour away--one-way. It's cost prohibitive in terms of personnel, fuel, and time. You would also be spending a big chunk of time just getting there and back--a waste of your precious port time.

Have a great cruise.

beachchick

and if i recall, you rent from west maui airport,

but all the car rental agencies are before the airport on the same road, not at the airport exactly..

I learned this 2weeks ago LOL

melissa

but all the car rental agencies are before the airport on the same road, not at the airport exactly..

melissa

Thanks and great pictures!!!!!

melissa

Does anyone here know with the overnight in Lahaina, when the last Tender is on the first night or do they run them all night long. Our group for following year is wondering. Hawaii Oct 11, 2008 Roll Call, Radiance of the Seas. Thank You. maybe one can run over and let us all know.

Archived