Has anyone stayed in the Superior oceanview rooms on Majesty

Just wondering what these rooms are like compared to the standard rooms. We just cruised on Majesty two weeks ago, and thinking about booking her again, but not sure yet, because we are also looking at the Enchantment too. My TA emailed me great rates for both.

Thanks

Yes and what a difference they make.

I found some pictures online that will show you how nice the cabins on Deck 9, Superior OV cabins really are.

The size difference (about 30-40 sq. ft), really does make a difference, and with the addition of a sofa and coffee table in the room (since the size allows it), also makes a big difference.

The cabins on the Enchantment of the Seas are similar to the size of the Superior Ocean View on the Majesty of the Seas.

If you have any specific questions, let me know.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/558110363LhIrHd

born2cruise

Thanks for the pics. I do see a difference from the standard room. It would be nice to have the sofa for my Mom. We loved the Majesty ship, and when we sail her again,we will definitely upgrade to the larger room.

I think we are going to book the Enchantment for May 08, just to try a new ship. My TA emailed me a great rate for a balcony cabin, 5 night cruise!

Thanks again

Got for it!!

I have cruises about 30 times on RCCL...and when you have a deal...book it!!!

Although I have NEVER been on the Enchantment of the Seas, I have heard she is a beautiful ship, especially after the refurbishment.

Look for a dull weekend in the year and sometimes you can find the Superior OV stateroom on the Majesty for $300-$400 per person.

Enjoy your cruise and let me know if there is anything I can do to help answer other questions about the Majesty.

Bon Voyage!!

Thanks again

We were just on the Majesty two weeks ago, and she is a beauty. We will probably cruise on her again in late 2008. But for now we are going to do the Enchantment.

Hey Jamaica, it's PHXscuba from your last Majesty cruise.....

We stayed in an SOV room on deck 9 and loved it. (We had an inside on the Monarch 4 years ago, so I can compare room sizes, and it was a big difference)

The "obstructed view" is downward. Basically, the room is set back above the lifeboats and you can look out in all directions, but not straight down.

The extra space was great and we thought the layout worked well. We had the beds as a queen (hey, it was an anniversary trip;) ), but it would work for twins. The head of the bed is on a side wall and there is about a foot of walking space under the window ledge and about 2 feet between the foot of the bed and the credenza that holds the flat-screen TV.

The sofa is really a fairly small loveseat, and there is a little glass table. I'm not sure what your bathroom layout was, but we thought ours was an improvement from the Monarch.

Deck 9 was also a good locale for us. Not too much motion (like I felt in the dining room), only two decks up to the Windjammer and two down the the theater. Deck 1 to disembark was a bit of a hike, but we took elevators to go back up.

All in all, we decided that the extra space (vs. a standard OV) was worth the $50 pp it cost us when we booked. We couldn't see springing for a JS on a 4-day cruise when it was almost twice as much. I wish this ship had something in between as the bigger ships do.

Good luck... we have also looked into the Enchantment for a family cruise in the next year or two...now I just have to "enchant" my husband to agree:) !

PHXscuba

"You can't have everything -- besides, where would you put it all?":D

Hi PHXscuba

Yes, the next time we book Majesty I will definitely ask for a superior OV..

We are unofficially booked for the Enchantment, May 2008. I got a very good rate for a balcony room, so I am looking forward to it:D The only downer for me is we only have two ports, and two sea days, (one sea day would have been enough for me), but I will use the time to enjoy that balcony;)

Hey PHXscuba

Yes, the next time we cruise Majesty, we will definitely book a Superior OV!

For now, we are unofficially booked on the Enchantment/May 2008. We got a very good rate for a Balcony room for 5 nights. The only downside for me is the 2 sea days (one would have been enough for me), but I will just use those days to enjoy some activities and my balcony:D

Archived