Galaxy Boarding times

didan

Hi,

We are new to cruising Celebrity - are booked on a Mediterranean cruise on the Galaxy in June. Our docs say boarding time starts at 4 p.m. How early can we actually board? Would noon be way to early to arrive?

You will be able to board from about 12 MD. Your room may not be quite ready but they will allow you on and then an announcement will be made regarding access to rooms. Buffet lunch will be served almost from this time also.

I have gone on previously and taken my bag to my room and left it there. On each occasion my room has been ready.

Don't worry about it I am cruising on Century not until October and am travelling out the day before the cruise begins. I will arrive at the Ship around 12.30pm and then have lunch and enjoy the afternoon.

Enjoy! Sue

Sue - thank you, that's useful information. Last year we didn't get to Civitavecchia until almost 4 o'clock or so; we arranged our own transportation via Rome. But this year we're doing it all through Celebrity - we should be landed at Fiumicino by 10:30, so we could well be at the ship by around noon. I was hoping to not have to spend some hours waiting on the quayside.

Diane,

What time do we sail according to your doc's? I think it is 6pm, but I still have not received my doc's. Anyway, if we sail at six there is no way that boarding can begin as late as 4pm. More like noon I would say. Are you buzzing yet about the cruise????

5 weeks from today..........Yipeee..

Are you staying at hotel Triano the night before like we are??

Steve

Sue - Thanks so much for the info. That's good to know.

Steve - I did recieve the docs - it says we are leaving at 6 pm and boarding begins at 4 pm. That sounded odd to me as well, but I just checked it again and that's what it says. And yes, we are staying at Hotel Triano the night before.

Can't wait!!!!:D

In reference to this confusing situation, I've contacted Celebrity and spoke to three different CSR people just to make sure their stories were straight regarding this 6pm departure. We're staying in Rome three days prior and do not want to rush off to the port before we need to.

Both said 4pm was the given 'embarkation' time and that as long as you were in line at 4pm, you wouldn't run into any problems running into the 5pm cut-off point. Another one even remarked that 4pm time was a little "strange" and that usually they allow you to go on board earlier. She also thought maybe this was how they were "going to do it from now on" since there was no mention of an earlier time available. A third agent spoken to from Celebrity indicated that occasionally they will allow people to board earlier, depending on how quickly the ship is prepared and cleared, but they couldn't guarantee an earlier time.

I'm planning on a 2pm hotel pickup in Rome to be in line by 330-4pm. I hate to leave Rome any quicker than necessary!

Two years ago we sailed on the Century from Barcelona. We arrived at the pier around 2pm and almost everyone was on board!.

When we docked back in Barcelona 10 days later the disembartion started at 6:00AM! We were off the ship on our way to the airport by 7:15AM!!!

Since most North American/Transatlantic flights arrive early in the morning, they start disembarkation of the ship early in the morning. Infact I think if you read the schedule you will see that you dock in Rome at 4am.

Archived