Canada Place - coupons

thawan

DH and I went to Canada Place yesterday (to drool over our ship lol).

They have the Alaska coupon books available again this year. They are very similar to last years. A little history, walking maps and coupons.

The books are green with an otter (I think) If you arrive by car, they are just past the drop off area, to the left, but I think if someone was not looking for them they would be missed.

Just thought I'd give all the heads up.

ps they also feature some Alaskan artists..some very nice things

Thanks for the heads up! I could use a little more information about where to pick up the coupon books. I've never been to Canada Place before. We plan to arrive in Vancouver by Amtrak and take the Skytrain to Canada Place. Are the coupon books at the cruise port or do we need to pick them up someplace else? At this point, I'm just praying that all of my "well-laid plans" will actually work out and we make it to the ship. ;)

I hope a can make this be logical. You'll have to take elevators from street level to the cuise ship level. When you come off the elevators straight ahead of you, you should be able to see the drop off area, yesterday they would have been between you and the drop off area.

If you can't see them, look for the washrooms (you should be able to see them) along that wall is a lady in a booth that will answer questions. she will know.

Hope this makes sense, my guys say I can get lost in a paper bag :)

You can also order these by mail, they cost $5 for shipping and handling if you do (otherwise they're free at the port cities). I ordered mine a few weeks ago because I couldn't wait and ever since I received it I have been scouring it from cover to cover and having fun deciding which coupons to use, etc. The address to order them is:

Destination Alaska

Distribution

735 Broad Street

Augusta, GA 30901

allow 2-4 weeks for delivery, or visit their website at destinationalaska.com

Amanda:)

Thanks for the post--I'm staying at the Terminal City Towers across the street, so I'll pass right by where you described. I probably would have gone past it without noticing if you hadn't described the cover/otter.

Hope your cruises are all happy ones!

There are several wooden display racks with the coupons at Canada Place, lower level before the security lines.

You also do not have to take the elevator, there is a ramp that goes to the dock along the car entrance.

special prices off certain racks of t-shirts/ keychains normally $1.99 for 99 cents with coupon. jewelry stores specials...but you need to listen to sales pitch for some of the freebies. when i went the stores were so busy i couldn't get most stores to help me.

then i found one store in ketchikan..the girl at the register saw my book and started pulling stuff from behind the counter...nothing great, but it was fun. my little doll was $2.99 instead of $4.99, my t-shirt was 1/2 price...got free totem pole candles and a little necklace. just fun stuff.

the stores were out of the little polar bear angel pins i wanted. in fact they were out of most stuff i was looking for...too late in the season.

they have coupons, maps and history for all the port town on the inside passage. early last season you could find them by the visitor centers at most of the ports. my friend found me one in seward. none in seattle, last year, don't know about the year.

Popped down to Canada Place today while I was at the Pan Pacific. I grabbed three of the books and there seems to be some pretty good deals on t-shirts, ball caps, ulu knifes, jade bears (I love these, but sadly many are definitely made in China), jewelery, and bear paw salad forks. I plan on picking up a few of the bear paw salad forks for friends. Useful, cute and cheap!

Thanks for the heads up! If anyone goes down to Canada place when the ships are not there, you might not have the chance to grab a booklet, but don't fret, you can grab one when you depart for your cruise. I'm sure they are all over Ballantyne pier as well.

We depart from Whittier with a 3 day land tour beforehand. We will be flying into Anchorage, then to Fairbanks, going to Denali, then train to Whittier. Has anyone seen the coupon books this year yet at any of these places? THX!

We depart from Whittier with a 3 day land tour beforehand. We will be flying into Anchorage, then to Fairbanks, going to Denali, then train to Whittier. Has anyone seen the coupon books this year yet at any of these places? THX!

The coupons are only available in Whittier out of your list. Wait for the first people to return soon. :)

You have to go down to the cruise ship terminal. My friend was told by the hostess at Canada Place that they did not have them. So go all the way down. If you are lucky there will be a ship in and you can just grab one from one of the many kiosks. If it seems empty and no one is there...keep walking, you are bound to run into security at the very least, and then just ask really nice. :D

Good luck - I'm thinking there is better deals in Alaska than there is in the Caribbean!

Archived