Seward B/B or Hotel in September

southwardbound

I am looking for recommendations for a hotel or B & B in Seward. We have a car so transportation in not an issue. We will be driving down from Cooper Landing on the 8th of September for two night. Since our plans have recently changed Saltwater Lodge is full. :cool: Any suggestions? Thanks.:)

There are ALOT of choices in Seward. Too bad Saltwater Lodge is booked. Take a look at Angel's Rest, cute little cabins right on the water. Alaska Base camp has a new yurt in the same area. These are at Lowell Piont which I love for the fantastic view and access to the bay. The silver salmon fishing will be at it's peak. You can fish right from the shore with a high sucess rate.

You also have the downtown area, residential in town, small boat harbor, and north of town. Lots of small cabins in the woods. Stoney Creek Inn is nice along with Falls Inn. 2 very different places. Do you have any certain amenties your looking for?

Thanks for your responses. Saltwater Lodge has the property across the street available....just don't know if that is the best option for us to stay there one night and then move to the room across the street the next. I am looking for a clean/fresh, newer place which includes a breakfast of some sort. We have a car and enjoy being out in the country rather than in the city. Any suggestions? Thanks.:)

We have stayed at the Harborview Inn several times. It is clean, friendly, fair priced. You can easily walk to the harbor or downtown.

http://www.sewardhotel.com/

Yes, that's a decent place too but I still haven't figured out why they called it Harborview ...They don't have a good view of the harbor. It's located 1/2 way between the small boat harbor and downtown facing Mt Marathon.

ITHOMAS Between getting off the ship in the early morning hours; than taking a day tour I'm sure that the Falls Inn will work just fine. We will probably go into LOC when we hit the bed! However, I will try to give a report upon our return. Have a great cruise!

Falls Inn is a very nice place and I'm sure you will enjoy the owners, Dianne and Louie(the retired chief of police)

It would be awesome if you would do reviews on Tripadvisor for future travelers. :) Have a great vacation!!

Archived