Drink Inclusive

StefanieMS

Would you like all your drinks included in the price?  

907 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like all your drinks included in the price?

• Domestic Beer and Wine only
    • Imported and domestic Beer and Wine
    • House liquor, plus domestic Beer and Wine
    • Top Shelf liquor, Imported Beer and Wine
    • I want the mother load. Free Cappuccino, Espresso, Top shelf and Imoports

[quote name='StefanieMS']:D Judging the poll results, Carnival has a lot of "top shelf" drinkers. You are all my type of cruisers LOL.

I guess carnival cruisers shop at walmart so that they can spend their money on the good stuff!:rolleyes:

Stefanie[/QUOTE]
Hey, I resemble that remark. My Wal Mart happens to carry top shelf liquors-it's one-stop shopping. ;)

[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=blue]HarleyChick; There are several of us 10/23/04 Sensation cruisers gonna be in NOLA 9/11. We are going to practice our drinking techniques for the cruise.:rolleyes: Come and join the Saints and Sinners on Bourbon ![/color][/size][/font]

This would be a *terrible* idea. The last thing I want is everybody trying to cram as much free liquor in.

What there should be though, is a simple one free drink with your dinner in the dining room. One glass of wine, bottle of beer, something like that. Easy for them to keep track of, allows just that bit more freedom for the guest.

I don't believe it would affect their bottom line that much at all. You'd have many folks pass, you'd have many folks who wouldn't want the freebie (house wine? surely you jest!), and lots of folks would buy extra, after the free one (prime the pump).

[quote name='Host Terry']Alcohol does not make or break a cruise for me. My wife usually has a glass of wine or two on a cruise and the the few drinks I have sure would not make a difference. I say keep the price low and make the drinkers pay for their own drinks![/QUOTE]
Knowing how some people will overdo it if the drinks are included, I'd vote "no" and pay only for what I drink, which is mostly water.

slinkie

• 1 month later...
[quote name='pholter']Your opinion counts just as much as anyone elses.... I for one, frequent resorts in Jamaica and Mexico that are All Inclusive and booze doesn't cost a resort that much, nor does it raise the prices that much- it costs roughly .25-.50 cents to pour a drink that they charge $5.00- $6.00 for on board/at a resort. I have also seen MANY more falling down drunks on each Carnival ship I've been on than the total of all my All Inclusive vacations put together. I don't feel that would change on the ship at all, but it would add value to the majority of cruisers who are on a budget IMO.[/QUOTE] Sure, that would help big drinkers save money, but why would Carnival want to do that? They're in business to make as much money as they can.

I agree with those that say they don't want to be paying for everyone else's drinks if they don't drink that much. My wife and I are moderate drinkers I guess, maybe averaging about 3 drinks a day while on a cruise.

But on the other hand, the way it is now I suspect the heavy drinkers are subsidizing the cruise costs for the rest of us. Cruise prices seems like a tremendous value for what you are getting, and I think the reason they can charge low prices is that they know once they get you on board they'll make a killing on the drinks and gambling.

Those of us that gamble and drink less are probably having part of our cruise paid for by those of us that gamble and drink more. (But it's to my advantage, so I'm not complaining.:D)

I voted for everything included.

Why does everyone think that if a cruise is all-inclusive everyone would be throwing up before the sun goes down? There are many all inclusive land resorts, and we have been to them and that is not the case. What makes a cruise different?

My DH and I are moderate drinkers...well, at least I am :D and that's only because it doesn't take [I]much[/I] to get me toasted!! :eek:
But even though we don't drink as much as some, it would be so nice to have the cruise all inclusive so we wouldn't have to think about the added bar bill at the end. I vote for the whole motherload..but I know in my heart, this would make NO sense for a cruiseline to implement.

I'd also like to add that if I could get an all inclusive cruise, this would not cause me to drink more than I usually do......I don't care how free the booze is, I don't like hang-overs. So, I really don't think it would cause people to drink more and become more obnoxious...People who get themselves drunk out of their skull will do this whether it's all inclusive or not :eek:
JMHO....You're either obnoxious or your not... ;)

I voted for the motherload. I have been spoiled on Seabourn ( a carnival company). If Carnival went all inclusive I would be a very happy camper. Just hate to have to keep signing those slips and make sure they total at the end of the cruise.
mcboo

[quote name='selucrey'][font=Arial Black][size=3][color=red]We are going on a Cruise Critic group cruise in October (Saints and Sinners). We have a cat. 6A O/S double booked for $820. Someone else in my group is booked through a local TA and is not part of the C/C group. He is paying an all inclusive rate of $1,380 for the same stateroom and is traveling as a single. That translates to about $700 for alcohol for five days and yes, he asked if he could buy for others.His TA told him as long as he doesn't buy a drink every five minutes he could.:D Max amount for drinks is $5.75 ea. Anything else is not covered. We will know after the cruise if it is a deal or not.;) [/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE] [color=Indigo][b][size=3]On Carnival Cruise Line ??.......I've never heard of such a thing.
Except on the super Top of the food chain Cruise lines...I don't that you are gonna get a single rate plus all the booze you can swallow for $1380
That just sounds like the usuall single supplement to me.

Is this some special for the S&S cruise ?
or did he just buy that many drink coupons?

Are you sure your friend understands what he is getting ??[/size][/b][/color] :cool:
[size=1]
x[/size]

Voyager, Dan's friend is part of a different group, not S&S... they are getting all inclusive rates... SO WISH we could have hopped on that deal!!!! Considering that an OV cabin on this cruise is $420... it is VERY conceivable that for $1380 he is getting all inclusive, i would certainly hope so!!!!! :D We'll be working a bargain with Cat Daddy for sure ;)

[quote name='voyagerfl'][color=indigo][b][size=3]On Carnival Cruise Line ??.......I've never heard of such a thing.[/b]
[b]Except on the super Top of the food chain Cruise lines...I don't that you are gonna get a single rate plus all the booze you can swallow for $1380[/b]
[b]That just sounds like the usuall single supplement to me.[/b]

[b]Is this some special for the S&S cruise ?[/b]
[b]or did he just buy that many drink coupons?[/b]

[b]Are you sure your friend understands what he is getting ??[/size][/b][/color] :cool:
[size=1]
x[/size][/QUOTE]

[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=blue]It's being billed as a "First Ever". As I said before, we'll see if it is a deal in two weeks. I read his cruise docs last night and they state "inclusive up to $5.75" I will definately post the results when we return.[/color][/size][/font]

[b][color=blue]The Conquestadors were offered this all-inclusive deal also fo our January cruise this year.[/color][/b]

[b][color=#0000ff]it would have cost us $230 more per person. the problem was it was offered after we had many members who dont drink much or had children with them and everyone had to pay it so it got voted down.[/color][/b]
[b][color=#0000ff][/color][/b]
[b][color=#0000ff]I was told that Carnival offers this "treat" to groups of 50 or more so if I ever start a group cruise I will ask for that and just automatically add it to the price to begin with.[/color][/b]

[quote name='zonemasconi'][b][color=blue]The Conquestadors were offered this all-inclusive deal also fo our January cruise this year.[/color][/b]

[b][color=#0000ff]it would have cost us $230 more per person. the problem was it was offered after we had many members who dont drink much or had children with them and everyone had to pay it so it got voted down.[/color][/b]

[b][color=#0000ff]I was told that Carnival offers this "treat" to groups of 50 or more so if I ever start a group cruise I will ask for that and just automatically add it to the price to begin with.[/color][/b][/QUOTE]
[size=3]WoW.....That's a pretty good offer for $230.....that I might just go for.[/size]

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='voyagerfl'][size=3]WoW.....That's a pretty good offer for $230.....that I might just go for.[/size][/QUOTE]

230 is very cheap- I thought it was closer to $50 per day per person and everyone in the group needed to buy that package.

So what happens if someone dont drink= they couldnt book with your group or would you run two different groups at the same time?

My family often books large party cruises (60-100). The most recent was a 4 day cruise and it was an additional $200 for the drink package. Everyone in the group must purchase the drink card. No exceptions. And yes some of them get much more than their money's worth out of the drink card and than don't get their money's worth out of the cruise experience.

I vote that it should be an option. If you want to be a bit spirituous (as I do..) then you pay the extra price...and get the card (or however they are doing it). If you wish to be a teetotaler...then you pay less.

Sounds pretty simple to me....not sure why they don't do it.

Esmerelda

Archived