Back from the Valor

777mjrseb

Hi, going in Sept. Did you do the Easter or Western itinerary ? How did you find the food/ entertainment ? Did you use Camp Carnival ? If you did Eastern, did you like the ports ? Any tips about the ship ?

Thanks!:p

Hi again,

Also how were the activities on sea days? We are not much for the ship's pool as we are fortunate to have one available to us . What deck were you on ?

Thanks!:)

Hi, going in Sept. Did you do the Easter or Western itinerary ? How did you find the food/ entertainment ? Did you use Camp Carnival ? If you did Eastern, did you like the ports ? Any tips about the ship ?

Thanks!:p

We did the Western itinerary so I can’t help you with ports, but I did St. Thomas last year and I enjoyed it for the most part. It’s a great place for shopping and I’m not big on that, so we took an Island which we got once we arrived to the island much cheaper. The food was pretty good on a scale of 1 – 10 I would say about an 8, entertainment I thought was absolutely great. The theater on this ship is very well equipped with lighting and a few pyros. I enjoyed both featured shows, Far from over has a really cool laser show at the beginning that was pretty cool for me. They had a signer one night called Yolanda Barber and I loved her, she had a great voice I even got a chance to chat with her in one of our ports. I think she usually performs on Thursday night, I can’t remember if that’s what she told me. Decks 5 and 9 take you from one end of the ship to the other

Hi again,

Also how were the activities on sea days? We are not much for the ship's pool as we are fortunate to have one available to us . What deck were you on ?

Thanks!:)

I was on the Main Deck ocean view was an adjoin room, it was a pretty neat room and our room steward was great. The sea day activities were pretty much normal Carnival activities, but always lots to do and see something I missed and wish I made it to was the Galley Tour. I did not use Camp Carnival but I heard it was great and I saw the space for it looks pretty neat.

No prob at all you will love this Ship I did...

I leaving on the Valor 5/13/07:D :D :D Im sooooo excited!!!!!! Where was your room? How was getting off/on the ship?

You will love the Ship it’s a beauty… I was on the Main Deck port side… getting on the ship was pretty quick for me as we got to the port at 11am and no waiting… we did have to wait upstairs until 1130 but check-in was fast. I was in no rush to get off the ship so I waited till they called my cabin color… I would recommend getting a porter when picking up your bags in the terminal he will bypass the whole line for you.

Enjoy your cruise… wish I was going again, guess I have to wait 4 months till my next one

Which dinner seating did you have, and was that at the aft (the one at the back of the ship with windows on three sides) or middle of the ship?

How is the Cruise Director?

I thought our Cruise Director Chris was great, he was very involved in the ships activities and you always saw him around. He was a funny guy, he did a skit was a comedian that had me rolling J. My dining time was 830 in the Lincoln dinning room upstairs… I don’t think we had any windows in that dinning room; I never went down stairs to see… Now Rosie’s Dinner had some pretty cool window seats, I loved eating in a corner window as I had breakfast. Also the Captain of the Valor has changes Capt. Fazio also dept at the end of our cruise, he was going for a 2 month vacation

Did you go on any private excursions? Any early morning ones? How was your tendering experience in Grand Cayman and Belize? Were you the only ship in Roatan and did it dock so you could just walk off? We sail May 27 and can't wait! Thanks! :)

We were just on the Valor. We did the eastern carribbean. The Bahamas was ok, we really didn't have much time there so we decided to do a quick tour with one of the local guides. There were tons of them when you got off the ship willing to take you around. St. Thomas was FABOLOUS. Their Carnival was going on and we were able to be there for the food carnival. The people were great the shopping was phenomenal. For our tour I did some internet searching and with the help from these boards decided on Bernard. He was a really wonderful tour guide. I also highly reccommend the cocktail sunset catamaran. St. Maarteen was ok. We hung around the main area until time for our excursion. We did the ATV's, so much fun.

The food on board was excellent. Then if you didn't like what you ordered you could just order something else. Our waiter and head waiter were really great too. They made the dinning experience enjoyable. We had the 8:30 seating in Lincoln dinning room. There were no windows in this room. The Washington dinning room has the windows along the back. We ate breakfast there on the port days ad watched the ship dock.

Chris, the cruise director, was really great. He was alot of fun and you really did see him everywhere. We really didn't do many of the activities but there were a lot of them. We did play bingo everynight(it was $10 a game). Our friends one $500 the first so we were hooked. The performances were great too. You will really enjoy the boat.

We were on the Main deck, aft. We had a corner room which was really great. We had more space then the average room. Although you could feel everything being that far down. It didn't bother us that much. We were in room 2470. Take a look at it and you will see the layout is different. From now on we are booking corner rooms.

Did you go on any private excursions? Any early morning ones? How was your tendering experience in Grand Cayman and Belize? Were you the only ship in Roatan and did it dock so you could just walk off? We sail May 27 and can't wait! Thanks! :)

You will have a great time... The Carnival Valor is a great ship, and you will love this route!! Grand Cayman we booked a tour with Carnival so we were off by 8:00 and no problems. In Belize we did not get off until 10 just by our choice and it was a breeze no need for a tender sticker. In Belize we did a private I can not recall the company, when we got off the ship we found them and they did a 2 hour tour for 25.00 took you around old and new Belize. It was very good... When it comes to Roatan we booked with Victor Bodden Tours, great company for the 3 of us they charged us 90.00. We had a driver and a car with ac for the entire day; we would tell the driver where we wanted to go... I also did the zipline in Roatan; Victor organizes this for you if you want. It was great. Costa Maya we did a private tour with another company we found when we arrived at the port and we went to the Mayan Ruins... then we did some shopping at the port... there is a guy at the port that paints small tiles with his fingers they are so amazing he does a beautiful job I got 4 for friends but I’m going to keep them because I like them so much... If you have any more questions let me know....

Have a great Cruise

Here is the link to Victors Site

http://www.boddentours.com/

You will love Roatan it’s a great island, its untouched and very natural. Not a very commercialized island at all... not a great shopping port but enjoy the sights they are breath taking... I will try to get my pics up so you can see them.

What was the general mix of people? How time consuming was tendering in Belize? Thanks :)

I would say about

75% under 30

and the rest falls in-between

If anyone was wondering about the night clubs the Disco was great, it played mostly urban, r&b, hip-hop and reggeaton. I was at the Disco mostly every night lots and lots of fun. The jazz bar had a great band, I enjoyed them lots.

It was about a 15 min tender and very very bumpy!!

We will be on the same intinerary on the Valor on July 8th! We did the same one in July 05 and loved it! Do they still have the Valor Idol contest? How about the Color Contest and conga line? Who is the cruise director now?

We are so looking forward to the Valor again! Glad you had a great cruise!:)

4-day Carnival Fantasy - June 2004

4-day Carnival Fantasy - December 2004

7-day Carnival Valor - May 2005

7-day Carnival Glory - July 2005

4-day Carnival Fantasy - December 2005

8-day Carnival Liberty - March 2006

5-day Carnival Fantasy - May 2006

7-day Carnival Glory - July 2006

4-day Carnival Sensation - December 2006

10-day Holland America Volendam - March 2007

COMING SOON!

7-day Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas - June 3, 2007

7-day Carnival Valor - July 8, 2007

Great information guys and gals! We leave on the Valor on the 20th for the Eastern Caribbean and can't wait. A website to look at great photos of a Valor trip is www.dbout.com.

When do they usually do the galley tour? That is always interesting.

On the West Cruise they did it on Saturday on the last Sea Day

Great information guys and gals! We leave on the Valor on the 20th for the Eastern Caribbean and can't wait. A website to look at great photos of a Valor trip is www.dbout.com.

When do they usually do the galley tour? That is always interesting.

Thanks for the great pics .... We're going to be saling in July.. and loved the pics...can't wait!!!!!!

Archived