Question on Childrens activities please?

Hi there!

Does anyone know how strict RCCL are with childrens ages & the respective group activities on board.

From what I can see there is a 3-5 group & a 6-8 group.

We are travelling in a large party for a 3 night cruise on the Navigator in a few weeks....

All of the children in the party are 6-8 except my son who is 5 & a half:rolleyes:

Do you think they'll let him join in with their gang???????????????:eek:

Will your son be ok if he has to go in with the younger group? If I remember right from when we were on the Empress, the age groups were in the same area and did some of the same activities. I hope it works out for you!

He may be able to go in with the older group; it depends on the maturity of the child. When AO opens, walk your child up and speak to the counselors there.

We had a similar situation last year with our youngest daughter. She turned 12 the day our cruise ended, so she was very close. (She has a June b-day) I had posted about it here, and was told by several people that under no circumstances would they allow her in with the 12-14 group, that she would have to be in 9-11. On the first day I walked them up to AO, and met the counselors and explained the situation. They were very nice about it and said she could go in with the 12-14, but for 24 hours they would monitor and if she didn't fit in, she would have to move down. It was never a problem, and that's where she was for the entire cruise.

Perfect, thanks ladies, we'll keep our fingers crossed.:)

He'd be fine in the 3-5 ordinarily, but as 5 of his cousins are the next age group up he'd be devastated!!!

He's big & mature for his age, bigger than some of his cousins, so hopefully they'll be lenient :D

We had the same issue. One child out of a group of 9 would have been in the lower age group. The AO Counselor told us they would observe him and move him if necessary. Never had to move him and they all had a blast.

I think it all depends on the counselors and what the numbers are in the kids groups.

Enjoy!

It will depend on the counselors you encounter and how strict they are. Usually they don't *unless* the child is turning the age on the ship. They will let THAT child move between age groups.

Just ask and be as friendly as you can be. :D

We had absolutely NO problem bumping my son who was 11 (2 months shy of 12) up to the 12-14 year old group. See, my middle son is 9, and my older one HATED the fact that he had to be grouped with his "little brother". He really loved the older group anyway, it was much more his speed.

The AO staff was great about it.

I bet you will be just fine.

Karen

Archived