Dress Code for Specialty Restaurants?

Thanks for all the input! I am trying to put together a list of things to pack! I have a black suit for my son and husband with 2 shirts and 2 ties for formal nights. So, will a navy blazer work for Chops/Portofinos? Can my son get by with a shirt and tie and my husband in a sport coat?? We do want to be appropriate! So please feel free to comment!:D I am planning on wearing a nice skirt/top.

We dined in Chops and Portofino every night of our honeymoon cruise in December.

On formal nights, we dressed formally. The other evenings DH wore a button down shirt or turtleneck and dress slacks, sometimes sport coat. I wore dresses with heels.

These are lovely restaurants and most folks made the effort to look nice.:) This has been my experience on many RCI ships over the years as well.

The men in our party wore a jacket and tie, the women wore nice cocktail dresses. Personally, I found the experience at Portofino to be more formal on a "smart casual" night than I found the dining room to be on formal night. The service, food and atmosphere were wonderful.

• 2 weeks later...

Portfinos is awesome. Be sure to book as soon as you board.

We saw a variety of dress. It was a smart casual night. Dress on the reminder card that came to your room states tie and jacket for men. We saw one man in coat and tie wearing sandals. Several had on polo shirts or button down shirts. Some in suits.

Archived