Pride of Hawaii - questions after booking

jamespb78

I totally agree, the start of this thread, must of been on a completely different ship, or is basically very hard to please. Just returned from our cruise. We never experienced and problems dining. It is all in the planning. On embarktion day, while waiting for our cabin, you were able to make a reservation for that night and the next in a speciality restaurant, and were given the options of your times required, they were booked in 30 minute formats.

From then on we never booked for them at the booking office or via phone, we would just visit the restaurant the night before and book for the following night. We always booked the restaurants to coincide with the shows. usually we would eat around 7.00pm and go to the late show. on the lobster night, we opted to book at Cagney's as we knew the restaurants without the surcharge would be crowded. We dined at Cagneys, Le-Bistro, and the Teppanyaki, all were good, we also dined at the italian restaurant which does not have a surcharge. In all they were all good, but Cagneys was a bit more relaxed, as they did not tend to rush you through the courses.

Never encountered any problem with our cabin, Leo our steward always had the cabin cleaned, we always remembered to turn our dial on the door. Had room service once, no problem. We had a mini-suite portside deck 11, did not think it was cramped, sat on the balcony most of the time when not on shore, or participating in things on the ship.

My motto is once a WHINGER always one.

Remember, my cruise had a different itinerary than others: we had Kona and Hilo reversed. So probably the other POH cruises turn around like you described. Looking at a map, that's how it seems they'd do it.

Right. Except for the occassional different itinerary, the PoH does the volcano night cruise from Hilo and the captain does turn the ship 360. We were on the "usual" itinerary in December and did have the full 360 view.

beachchick

If you're in a suite (AE and above), you'll have a complimentary dinner one night of the cruise (your choice which night) at one of the restaurants (again, your choice).

Hi BC - are you sure about this with AE? I don't recall have seen anything about this is the months since I booked.

Guess, we'll find out - 1 week to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, we're not excited :D

Hi BC - are you sure about this with AE? I don't recall have seen anything about this is the months since I booked.

Guess, we'll find out - 1 week to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, we're not excited :D

Well, that's how it was in December, but who knows what's happened since then. The perks and rules change all the time. How about I say that you "might" get this goody (and then, if you don't I'm not completely the bad guy, but if you do--BONUS)?

No, you don't seem excited in the least.:p:D

Have a fabulous time!

beachchick

POH 5/14: We generally eat early, so we didn't have any trouble making reservations each day for the specialty restaurants. Ate at Grand Pacific on Lobster night, but didn't have the lobster, again were first to be seated. There were lines after the room was full, but as people finished, tables were re-set very quickly. There didn't seem to be a long wait to be seated.

Breakfast buffet was usually crowded, but not an issue, really. Like any other ship I've been on. It took a couple of days before "everyone" found out about the smaller line at the back of the ship. Now that you know about this, head straight back there. Once you find where everything is after the first day, it goes much quicker. I could easily finish breakfast in less than 30 min.

The only complaint my kids and I had was that they started to clean up the lunch buffet an hour before closing. Not all the items, but some, like ice cream and cookies and a few of the regular meal items. So it was hard to find a late afternoon snack. So, what I did was take a couple of zip lock bags to the buffet when we were there early and fill them with cookies and grab some fruit at breakfast and lunch. That lasted the week. Also grabbed the cereal boxes. Believe me you won't go hungry.

If you are truly aft, it's great place to be!! Great place to see the volcano lava flow and the NaPali coast. Love the wake!!!

You'll have a great time if you don't sweat the small stuff. Life's too short. Hawaii's beautiful, the ship's great. You'll be fine.

Archived