Anyone do Strawberry Fields tour with C. Barrett?

jacksmom09

Anyone done any tours with them? Would love some reviews!:D

We've been emailing back and forth with them for a bit now. She seems very professional and came highly recommended by Phil Lafayette (who has been highly recommended by the people on these boards), but I'd like to hear from some people that had been on one of her tours. We'll be there in August and want to go to either YS Falls or Mayfield Falls (see my other post), the Rocklands Bird Sanctuary, and maybe river tubing if there is enough time.

we have not done this tour with Carolyn, but we have used her services several times.. We always have a great time with her and would not consider doing Jamaica with out her!!! You can see some of my pics of y s falls and rockland bird sanctuary at http://www.oldmedic.smugmug.com if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask and if you do see Carolyn, please tell her Bill and Amy from Texas said hello!!!

we have not done this tour with Carolyn, but we have used her services several times.. We always have a great time with her and would not consider doing Jamaica with out her!!! You can see some of my pics of y s falls and rockland bird sanctuary at www.oldmedic.smugmug.com if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask and if you do see Carolyn, please tell her Bill and Amy from Texas said hello!!!

Bill, Thanks for the reply and the link the pictures. That does look like a lot of fun. We're docking in Montego Bay and only have 7 hours or so in port. Do you think we'll have enough time to do the same tour that you went on (YS Falls and Rocklands)? Thanks...:)

I am pretty sure you will have time... we normally have plenty of time to do both and eat lunch. Carolyn will definately have you back in time to make it to the ship. I have never heard of anyone being late back to the ship from one of her tours.

I am pretty sure you will have time... we normally have plenty of time to do both and eat lunch. Carolyn will definately have you back in time to make it to the ship. I have never heard of anyone being late back to the ship from one of her tours.

Thanks again, Bill. That's VERY comforting to know. This is only our second cruise, but my parents go all the time. My Dad is always telling me the scary story about the time they went off on their own and almost missed the ship..blah, blah, blah. It's like being a little kid and being told stories about the boogey man in the closet. :) I wouldn't be worried about it at all if we didn't have the kiddos with us. They don't have passports and it would be a nightmare of red tape to get them home if we missed the boat. Ciao.

hope you'll have a great time!!!! I am sure the kids will love Y S falls and the rockland bird sancturary...... if we can answer any more questions, please let us know!!! bill

Hey Bill... Sorry to be a pest, but I did think of another couple questions. Do you happen to remember how long this tour took? Also, how much travel time is involved? Thanks again! NRH

we were gone most of the day each time we have gone. it is probably about an hour an half or so to get to Y S Falls, but we have always stopped along the way for picture oppertunities and other things, like getting closer looks at some of the plants and stopping at some peoples houses to taste FRESH pineapple and such..... Rockland bird sanctuary is only about 10 or 15 minute drive from the terminal, but it is up the side of a mountain on a really narrow road. Carolines vehicle is 4 wheel drive and I believe she may use it going up the road... just a word of warning, riding in jamaica is an experience you will never forget... I think is is partly where Barrett adventures gets their name from lol....

Archived