Luggage Tags

SailingDoug

While looking for my luggage at the pier when we came home last week, I noticed a lot of people only put the last name on their tags. Don't know if that was a smart move on their part or not, but next time I'll take the address labels.

I think the reason for putting only the last name is that if the luggage tag were stolen, the person doing so would know if it were from a woman or man. I have heard years ago that people were advised to do that so that no one knew based on tag if it were a woman. The woman's name, addr and phone number were on the tag so a woman could get harassing phone calls etc. For years I haven't put my first name on a luggage tag. I think if I had a common last name I would put my first initial though. This was originally done for tags used on planes. I am not so sure I would want to use my return addr label for that reason. But that's just MHO.

Many years ago my travel agent suggested that I put my name, but use the agency address on all luggage tags. This way people handling your luggage may know you a are not home but won't have your home address to break into. If for any reason luggae is returned to her she will simply deliver it to us (has not happened yet)

That is a great idea. Last cruise we had E Docs and it was quite a hassle to stand in the luggage drop off area, and write all the cabin information on the tags. I of course was being extra careful, so that I had the right information and my luggage did not get lost.

I have a question about luggage tags. I got my docs today but I recently upgraded to a sky suite and the tags have the wrong room listed. Do I call the travel agent and ask if the can send me new ones? Has anyone else had this experience before? Thanks for the help!

You should be able to get luggage tags with your edocs. Celebrity can set the angencies up to do that. Then again they would have to pay to send the luggage tags to you with the edocs. They may not want to do that, unless you complain to them.

We just put our last name and , ship, cabin # , and sailing date in bold, felt tip pen on our luggage tags from the cruise line.

On our personal luggage tags (we prepare them at home), we include last name, airline and flight #(s), as well as an emergency contact tel. #. (Our cell phone and/or that of a friend with our itinerary) Traveling to the ship - we include the ship name and date. For return, we delete the ship name, obviously. As posted above, we prefer not to include our home address. Sometimes we give out TA phone #.

We use my DH's business cards on our luggage. You do not want folks to read our home address & that it is is available for robbery while we're gone. "X" tags do not go on suitcases until we get them at debarkation city before the bus gets them. Half the time the airline's baggage staff has ripped them off.

Hi Toni!

Celebrity charges $35.00 to replace the docs/luggage tags, so it's just not worth it ;) ! Grab a larger size computer label that will cover your previous room number on the luggage tag, and just write in the new number with a black sharpie marker. This is what we were told to do in March (a few of us switched rooms after final payment, and tags were wrong), and we had NO PROBLEMS!

Hope this helps!

Jaime

I have a question about luggage tags. I got my docs today but I recently upgraded to a sky suite and the tags have the wrong room listed. Do I call the travel agent and ask if the can send me new ones? Has anyone else had this experience before? Thanks for the help!

I've had a change and no time to get new tags. I took a thick marking pen and wrote the new cabin numbers over those preprinted on the tags. The old numbers were completely covered and actually invisible. Worked fine.

Archived