When will you be sailing on Windstar?

Joanandjoe

I checked with Windstar and they are wondering if indeed you didn't mean room #341. Seems there's a firewall next to room #241. They also mentioned they are aware of a problem with an ice machine next to room #341.

Are they just joshing me?

There is a loud ice machine in the corridor between cabins 241 and 240. I was in 247 (recommended, with great water pressure and an efficient A/C) and I could hear the ice machine as soon as I opened my door. Didn't hear it when the door was closed. Cabin 341 is the absolute worst cabin, though, in my opinion but not because of an ice machine (don't even remember if there was an ice machine there). It is next to some kind of crew social area and I heard loud disco music whenever I walked by; avoid that one at all costs. The gangway is between 221 and 217 or between 220 and 216 depending on which side they're using. I believe cabins 107-111 and 108-112 would have privacy issues due to tender loading/unloading.

How's 234 on Windsurf? It looks like the only thing it's near is 232 and 236. Then again, you never know who's going to be in the cabins next door. They could be blending pina coladas at 3:00 a.m. -- which would be fine as long as we're invited. :)

I found our cabin (229) on Windsurf to be very quiet. We never heard the folks next door or above. I never heard any noises from the hall. Probably the position of the bathroom and the way the door is inset into a little V shaped cut from the hallway help with that. One morning as we were going into port I heard a bit of noise perhaps from manuvering thrusters.

Hi David and Kim, I'm Edward from California. This will be my fifth Windstar cruise. First time alone however. (my wife and I split last year) I'm looking forward diving every day. A little nervouse about being alone because most passengers on Windstar lines are couples with very few singles. On the upside, most of the people I have met on Windstar are extremely friendly and I'm sure will make me feel right at home.

E.

Goldendaze,

Haven't finalized anyting just yet, but it looks as though we are going to stay at the St. Patricks Hotel in Gozo www.vborg.com for three nights. If you are looking for info on Malta a good site is www.visitmalta.com. We haven't done any research on Venice yet, so I am not sure if we are going to spend a night or two there. Regards.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:) Our recent cruise was our best. We had 137 passengers on the trip. This was our first on WindStar and we'd like to do it again. As so many people have said, the crew is great, the food excellent, and the total experience memorable. Our first day looked like a bad omen. The ship's "drydock" work wasn't done in time so we spend an extra day in Lisbon but took a great tour with our own driver. We had to skip Tangier to make up the lost day but the cruise line gave us a 10% shipboard credit that took care of several tours. We particularly liked Malaga (the TAPAS tour), Palmas, and Portovecchio on Corsica. That replaced Bonifacio which was too difficult for the ship to moor in due to very strong winds. We were not very impressed with Rome where we stayed for a couple of days...too many people, too much noise, long lines. We got home last nite after an eternal plane ride from Rome to Newark and then to Phoenix. We need to find a time machine!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

We'll be sailing from Rome to Athens on Sep 10th and I've got two questions for y'all (that's Texan for you all) - any of y'all on that cruise and has anyone made that sailing before? Tips and suggestions for things to see would be appreciated.

• 1 year later...
Our cabin # is 332.

Dear Scott:

My agent is offering #332 to us for later this year in the Med, so I did a search for this cabin number 332 and noted that you had this one previously. I wanted to be sure that it was not near an ice machine, noisy stairs etc., or anything else unfavorable. Would greatly appreciate your feedback.

I realize the ship has had some upgrades since then; maybe somebody else has some more recent experience?

Thanks

Layna

Dear Layna,

Have no fear, #332 is an awesome cabin! It is in the forward-center of the ship between 2 suites. You are 3 suites away from the forward stairs on the 3rd deck. I don't remember much foot traffic noise overhead from the Main deck either.

This is like getting exit-row seats as you are getting a Cat-A cabin on the deck that contains all of the suites.

The only cabin to avoid is # 341. This is next to the crew's breakroom and I have heard that it can be noisy.

Is this your 1st cruise on Windstar? If so, you are in for a treat. I've been on 2 and have loved each time.

Take the cabin, you'll love it!!!

Enjoy...

Scott

Thanks so much Scott!

I'll call the agent immediately. <grin>

This is my second Windstar cruise - first was thru the Panama Canal in November -Dec (last month) and I'm totally hooked.

What's your experience of the East Med in late October/early November? This is the Rome-Barcelona itinerary, and I see that average temps can get quite low toward the end - highs in 60s and lows in 40s. Brrr! I live in Florida for a reason...

Thanks again

Layna

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

It's Betty & Charley from the SeaDream last year. You talked so much about Windstar that we are going for our first time on the February 25th sailing. It was really nice meeting you and your wife and having dinner with you. Hope we meet nice people like you on this sailing.

Hello it's Betty & Charley from the SeaDream last March. It was so nice meeting you and your lovely wife and having dinner with you. You spoke so highly about all of your Windstar trips that we are going on the WindSurf in February.

• 3 weeks later...

Salemsm, we'll be cruisemates June 17th from Rome. Will have started from Nice June 10th. This will be my first Windstar and I just can't wait to go! "Lemondrop reunion"...sounds like a fun group. Love lemondrops...of course the martini kind! Any suggestions on excursions or exploring on your own? Will be spending 2 nights in Venice post cruise.

Archived