More Royal Points Questions

Pardon my dumb questions..

We have a bunch of cruises booked and I'm trying to figure out how to best use our 125,000 RCL points. Can you help us out?

We have these booked on RCL:

a 12 night (Explorer) Caribbean at $ 1,443.85 each in a D1

a 7 night (Liberty) Caribbean for $1,358.08 each in a D1

a 7 night (Liberty) Caribbean at $ 1,1371.75 each in a D1

an 11 night (Jewel) Panama for $2,678.04 each in a JS

a 12 night (Explorer) Caribbean at $ 1,998.68 each in a JS

All of the cabins are great AFT ones!

How can we use the points to our advantage? I had thought just use them to a free cruise, but I may be missing something.

Pardon my dumb questions..

We have a bunch of cruises booked and I'm trying to figure out how to best use our 125,000 RCL points. Can you help us out?

We have these booked on RCL:

a 12 night (Explorer) Caribbean at $ 1,443.85 each in a D1

a 7 night (Liberty) Caribbean for $1,358.08 each in a D1

a 7 night (Liberty) Caribbean at $ 1,1371.75 each in a D1

an 11 night (Jewel) Panama for $2,678.04 each in a JS

a 12 night (Explorer) Caribbean at $ 1,998.68 each in a JS

All of the cabins are great AFT ones!

How can we use the points to our advantage? I had thought just use them to a free cruise, but I may be missing something.

The only cruises that I believe you can use the coupon on are the 2 7 night cruises. The way the coupon is supposed to work is you get 1,250.00/pp credit (up to $2,500.00 total) based on the LOWEST OV cabin at time of booking. Pick the cruise that had the highest Lowest OV cabin of the 2 7 night cruises booked. That should get you the most value for the coupon. We used a coupon on the inaugural Liberty OTS cruise when the OV cabin was 1,249.00/pp. They did credit us for the extra $1.00.

Gregg

Maxiecat3,

thanks. We are Diamond Plus and I didn't post the price with the Diamond Credit, so on the 7 night cruises, it's $100 less. We book far in advance, so I'm not sure what the OV cabin rate was, when we booked the Liberty. I'll check what it is as of now, but I'm sure RCL will know what the lowest OV rate was at the time of booking.

So we are best going with a free cruise, vs a companion ticket?

Oops, I just saw on my post that the price on the b2b Liberty is wrong. It's $1,371.75, then minus $100 D credit $1,271.75.

Good Morning,

Glad to help. As far as using it for a companion fare, I can't be sure what the value would be. What you would need to do is figure your rate of return. If you, as we did, qualify for the full $2,500.00 you would be receiving 2% value. If you only qualify for $2,000.00 credit that would be about 1.6%. If you can get a better rate of return by using it for a companion fare, I would go that route. 2 more days until Liberty OTS:) :) .

Gregg

Archived