Guests in Concierge?

I am staying in a suite with access to the lounge. Are guests allowed in the suite concierge lounge with me, even though they are staying on another floor? Normally, we meet with our family for a drink before dinner, but the lounge would be of no use to me if I can't be joined by family. I am going on the Liberty of the seas June 2nd.

Generally, guests are not allowed, but it is left up to the discretion of the concierge.

ditto .... and the discretion is usually based on number and behavior of guests...... relax and enjoy :)

Nope, they aren't suppose to be.

In my letter from the Freedom concierge it says that as a "Concierge Club Guest you are offered ammenities and services not offered to other guests onboard". Then it goes on to say that the "Concierge Lounge is a private lounge reserved for guests staying in the Royal and Family Suites, Presidential Suite, Owners Suites and Grand Suites only."

And I agree. The room is too small for everyone to invite guests.

Sorry - guests are not allowed. Last year the concierge greeted us and asked for our name and room number. He had a list.

It would be embarrassing to be turned away. :eek:

Young people under the drinking age are not allowed after 5pm either.

Also as posted earlier - the lounges are small.

I know of people who sneak friends into the Concierge Lounge. Some of the Concierge's are more strict about it while others have a more tolerant attitude. Personally, I wish the rules would be followed.

You should not try to bring guests. As others have stated, the lounges are too small to accomodate all those who truly qualify for the benefit. I hope that the next cruise I am on will have a concierge who follows the rules. On all but 1 cruise, this has been the case.

I know of people who sneak friends into the Concierge Lounge. Some of the Concierge's are more strict about it while others have a more tolerant attitude. Personally, I wish the rules would be followed.

But what if the Consierge GIVES a key to someone .....

Say.....

Someone who .......

Say......

Is traveling alone. :p

Just kidding around, Kewlguy;

Hope you've noticed by now, I like to "Poke the Tiger" now and again. :D

I'm not sure this follows on the same tone as "guest". However, last year I took my mom on a labor day cruise. We were in a JS and I was diamond. I took her to the lounge, I was not sure what else to do with her. Everyone was cordial, and helpful as she was in a wheelchair.

This might be a strecth, however, my rationale... when you are sailing with someone, both are seniors if one is, both are given the discount if one is a diamond etc. I took mom, and the concierge was great, and my mom also tipped him and the person who made the drinks. I am sailing soon with a girlfriend, and I will be in the same predicament. It's hard to say to leave your sailing companion behind.

But what if the Consierge GIVES a key to someone .....

Say.....

Someone who .......

Say......

Is traveling alone. :p

Just kidding around, Kewlguy;

Hope you've noticed by now, I like to "Poke the Tiger" now and again. :D

Oh no, not that subject again. ;)

I'm not sure this follows on the same tone as "guest". However, last year I took my mom on a labor day cruise. We were in a JS and I was diamond. I took her to the lounge, I was not sure what else to do with her. Everyone was cordial, and helpful as she was in a wheelchair.

This might be a strecth, however, my rationale... when you are sailing with someone, both are seniors if one is, both are given the discount if one is a diamond etc. I took mom, and the concierge was great, and my mom also tipped him and the person who made the drinks. I am sailing soon with a girlfriend, and I will be in the same predicament. It's hard to say to leave your sailing companion behind.

If the "guest" is in the same stateroom as you they are allowed in the Concierge Lounge.

Well thanks for that... I was getting worried the way you started out. It seemed logical, (being able to bring someone you are travelling with)however , logic is subjective to the one doing the interpretation.

The concierge lounge on the Mariner is the same. However on the 3X's I did the Mariner, the had a room on the 14th floor open as a second place. There was a sign outside the door that said private function. It was nice for sail away with the view.

Not necessarily....recently when there have been huge number of diamond members they have had a different lounge for diamonds and the suite guests use the "usual" concierge lounge. You never know ahead how they will be working it...just depends on the passenger makeup.

On our recent Navigator transatlantic we had 380 Diamond/+ members. Because of this fact a second Concierge Lounge (Cloud Nine) on deck 14 was opened up in the evening between 5:00 pm and 8:30 pm. We were able to use either lounge of our choosing. Some people would even go to both during the evening (lounge hopping?). Personally we preferred the real Concierge Lounge as the alternate one seemed boring to us. This is done quite often on transatlantic's due to the large amount of Diamond/+ members.

Can you clarify for me? We are in the process of booking a Jewel TA that our friends are on. If two people are in a Grand Suite and the others are in a D1 but are Diamond will they use the same lounge?

On the Jewel they will be able to use the CL. The way that they set it up on the Jewel back in December was both suite guests and Diamond/+ were able to use the CL or the Odyssey lounge which was set up as a secondary lounge. To my knowledge the only ships that do not allow Diamond guests booked in a JS or below to use the CL is the Freedom and Liberty. Those guests use the Diamond lounge up in the Viking Crown.

On FOS there were separate lounges. One for suite passengers and a different one for Diamond and above. As OS passengers we used the Concierge lounge just out side our door on deck 10. Diamond and above used a room off of the Skybar lounge.

For the same reason mentioned above, too many for one lounge. With the Presidential and RFS not to mention the GS OS and RS one can see how the lounge could become overcrowded.

The OP says he/she is in a suite therefore has the use of the CL. The question concerned friends travelling who are not in a suite - can they use the CL as "guests" of the OP. The answer is that the rules say NO. However, if (and this is not clear one way or the other) the intended "guests" happen to be Diamond or Diamond+ but are not in a suite, they would have the use by virtue of their own qualification. So, Mickeyny, are your friends who are not in a suite, Diamond or Diamond+?:confused:

On the Jewel they will be able to use the CL. The way that they set it up on the Jewel back in December was both suite guests and Diamond/+ were able to use the CL or the Odyssey lounge which was set up as a secondary lounge. To my knowledge the only ships that do not allow Diamond guests booked in a JS or below to use the CL is the Freedom and Liberty. Those guests use the Diamond lounge up in the Viking Crown.

Here are a couple of pictures of the Diamond Lounge on the Liberty of the Seas: (click for full size viewing)

2965383420077959744gOCgaz_th.jpg 2830462230077959744KayzGo_th.jpg

Here are a couple of pictures of the Diamond Lounge on the Liberty of the Seas: (click for full size viewing)

2965383420077959744gOCgaz_th.jpg 2830462230077959744KayzGo_th.jpg

Looking forward to experiencing the Diamond Lounge firsthand on the Independence of the Seas in November 2008. :D

Archived