Cheapest 7 day cruise you booked

magen16

Megan. Did that fare include portcharges and taxes?

I once booke 7 days on the unRegal Empress to the Caribbean for a total of

$274. Ship was lousy but the iten was very good. BTW I was sailing solo.

I just booked a 7 day cruise in Feb. on the Elation for $225. Just wanted to know what kind of deals other people have gotten

i just got done looking up prices on the elation in feb...and unless i really suck at looking up cruise prices........$225 has to be WITHOUT port charges and taxes....this cruise price is running from $450 to $500.

I also got a great deal, or at least that's what I think, for the Elation, sailing 12/12/04. I paid a total of $724 for 2, for a gty. 4A, all taxes and port charges included. This will be my first cruise, and from looking around, this is the cheapest I have found. I'm really really hoping for an upgrade since it's my first, and my husband and I are celebrating our 5th anniversary.

Last October I booked the GLORY 6 days before the cruise. The ship was a mere 4 months old. Inside cabin SOLO for a skinny $604 which included port and all taxes. What a great time I had. :)

The last minute airfare R/T from LAX to Orlando was $359 though. bummer ! (Once you're under 21 days they really burn yah ! ) :(

We booked the Horizon 11-02 for 7 days Western for $349. PP, bottom line. We got a nice inside room.. The ship is okay, but nothing to get excited about.. At that price, we didn't really care.. It was by far our cheapest cruise.. Bombero

Well, I only book balconies or suites, but the best price so far is my upcoming Destiny cruise in October for $699 including Port Charges for an 8C Aft extended balcony. The price today is $290 higher than we paid for it!!! :) Actually, the Victory suite was only about $200 more pp a couple of years ago.

"Posts recommending travel agents, travel agencies, cruise-only agencies, travel/cruise brokers, or any other source where consumer can purchase travel will be removed from the boards. This also includes any comments included in signatures requesting members to e-mail you for information about your travel agencies"

Last year managed to book the Pacific Princess for $499.00 total, outside cabin, cruising the beautiful islands of Tahiti for a full week. Granted the airfare cost more than the cruise, but I can honestly say that the unparalleled scenery made it worth every penny!

always the skeptic:).....but im findin this one hard to believe....i know the Elation consistantly sells for $400ish for inside cabins......so seeing $225 for a sailing 6 months down the road seems almost unbelievable...id have to see and taste it to believe it

In Megan 16s defence......

I got a great deal on the Elation 6 months out......and by wailting and thinking I missed an even better deal.........

i was looking for a cruise for my daughters 21st b-day....something short and cheap from galveston or new orleans...these ports traditionally have short...but galveston is not known for cheap....

I stumbled upon the elation for an incredible price for 7 days...problably about what megan 16 is quoting.....and amazingly enough the cruise site and various web sites known for low prices were w/in a few $$ of each other....in the 2-3 days it took me to decide the cruise jumped in price $100 - $125 per person....for a 1A.....

furious w/ myself I booked a 1A gaurentee........shortly after that.... Carnival had one of their sales......and no guts no glory....I called to see what they could do.....I was assigned a 5A......

we are under $1000 w/ pre-paid tips......and not in a closet....

by the way the ship has sold out..........and is way more than I paid....after the sale.. prices made a serious jump.........and at times were going up $100 a week........a friend booked a 6C and paid between $700 and $800 per person....

so megan16...you looked it it just at the right time........and unlke me ...did not think about it........

ttfn........trish

I booked the Conquest 10 days out from sailing date of April 11, 2004. It was a 7 day Easter week cruise. Booked an oceanview gty. room for $500 per person which included all port charges, taxes and fees. When we got to the pier check-in, we had been upgraded to a balcony cabin on the Commodore deck (deck 10). Sweet !

Then booked Rhapsody of the Seas 1 month out for sailing date of June 27, 2004. From Galveston, 7 day cruise with an oceanview cabin (deck 3) for $350 total per person which included port charges, taxes and fees.

Lastly, we have the Grandeur of the Seas booked for Feb. 2005. Corner aft balcony junior suite for $550 per person which includes port charges, taxes and fees. This price includes a per person discount - but without that, it would have still been a good price at $687 pp total (all port charges, taxes, fees included).

I feel good about the prices I have paid on the above cruises. They may not be the lowest that I could have gotten, but not having to cook or clean for a week is worth a few extra bucks to me anyday.

Well megan16 ..where are you? Hmm...fellow posters... I did find a $285.00 rate on the Elation for Feb '05 but BEFORE port charges, gov't fees and taxes. I think we all have been reeled in on a SPOOF! Oh well...worse things could happen in a day I suppose. Happy cruising, everyone! LOL!!

Archived