Need help deciding

EydieG

We are planing on a cruise in October and would like some advice on these ships. Having only been on Carnival once, we aren't very familiar with them. Our choices are: a 5 day on the Holiday, a 5 day on the Inspiration, a 5 day on the Celebration or a 7 day on the Glory. Also, what do you think of the smaller, older ships? This trip is just kind of a fall-break trip since the prices are so good that time of year, so we would be okay with a 5 day if that would be the best bet, although the 7 day isn't that much more.

It would be for my husband and I and our 15 year old daughter.

Thanks!

Have you checked the Fantasy? We are going out on the Oct. 1st sailing and would love you to join us. It is a 5 day to Costa Maya and Cozumel.

My BIL called Carnival and to date they say that only about half of the ship is booked. Lots of balconies available also.

I say do a little research, I'm sure they'd all be great cruises. Figure out which ports offer the best activities for your family. In most cases the ships are all nice. There might be some wear and tear but they generally aren't falling apart. (you'll read a few exceptions on these boards, but it's not the rule) I've only cruised in the fall on the Elation so it wasn't very crowded and it was great.

Have you checked the Fantasy? We are going out on the Oct. 1st sailing and would love you to join us. It is a 5 day to Costa Maya and Cozumel.

My BIL called Carnival and to date they say that only about half of the ship is booked. Lots of balconies available also.

Thanks, but our school break starts October the 6th. Also, we would like to leave from a port that is within 5-7 hours from middle Georgia.

Also, I know 7 is better than 5, but my husband tends to get bored on sea days. We love Cozumel, but find Grand Cayman and Nassau boring having been to both several times and havin done the things we would like to there and never been to Calica but it doesn't have very good reviews. Are the older ships still nice or run down? Also, how about the weather in October? My son and daughter-in-law went in September last year and it was very rocky and a lot of sea sick people.

Eydie, I agree with other posts about at least 7 days is the best. You pay a little more but about the same for travel to and from ship so you might as well enjoy a couple more days. Your husband gets bored, mmmmmmm, I don't know how. There are many things to do on sea days. Glory is one of my favorite ships and we are going at the end of June for our second time. We also go every October and have'nt scheduled this one yet and better. The weather at this time of the year is bad at times but the ship will always avoid it and the ship does'nt rock to bad when near a storm. Go on the Glory 7 day!

I wasn't aware that the Fantasy had many balconies to begin with. The only cabins that have balconies are the cat 11 and cat 12 suites. Since they cost the most that is probably why there are so many available.

Thanks, but our school break starts October the 6th. Also, we would like to leave from a port that is within 5-7 hours from middle Georgia.

Also, I know 7 is better than 5, but my husband tends to get bored on sea days. We love Cozumel, but find Grand Cayman and Nassau boring having been to both several times and havin done the things we would like to there and never been to Calica but it doesn't have very good reviews. Are the older ships still nice or run down? Also, how about the weather in October? My son and daughter-in-law went in September last year and it was very rocky and a lot of sea sick people.

Eydie

Eydie- The cruiselines spend many millions of dollars for these ships. The do not let them get run down. Most go in about every 2 years and get refurbished and inspected. They look brand new again. I love the Fantasy class ships.

The only difference between the older ships and the newer ones are that the newer ones have more bells and whistles.

Bill

i vote for the 7 day cruise too, however, if you want advice about the Holiday, I can tell you we enjoyed this cruise very much!! :)

we went to Cozumel and Calica and had a great day at both places!! at Calica we took a cab to Xcaret and enjoyed every minute of it!! for more info on this place, look at the port of call board under Calica...

at Cozumel, we took a cab to Paradise Beach and had great food and a nice relaxing day at the beach...

the Holiday is an older ship but does not show it...and it is smaller but this means things are more personable...staff remember your name and are the friendliest we have encountered...the smaller more intimate ship was very nice...

if you can swing a 7 day cruise, go for it- the longer , the better!! if not, you won't be dissappointed with the Holiday!! :)

Marsha

Archived