Mariner back to back questions

It took five years to talk my husband into going on a cruise. We were on the Adventure sailing the Southern Caribbean in February and it was fantastic!!! Out of the blue today I was assigned the task of booking two weeks for next February..........like I said, the first cruise was fantastic!! So I'm thinking of two back-to-back cruises on the Mariner, one to the Eastern Caribbean and the other to the West. I'm assuming I can book the same cabin for both, correct? Will the menus and entertainment be the same for both weeks or varied? Am I right in assuming that there are others who don't think one week is long enough? Has anyone done both cruises together on the Mariner?

em

Yikees! I'm on the Mariner in Sept. It better be 7 days...

We did a b2b on Explorer in Feb. and everything was the same second week. Same menu's and same shows. They might have a different guess but, not always. Doesn't matter....14 days at sea...can't beat it.

HAPPY CRUISING! :)

...Will the menus and entertainment be the same for both weeks or varied? Am I right in assuming that there are others who don't think one week is long enough? Has anyone done both cruises together on the Mariner? em

The menus will likely be the same, but you do have the alternative Portofino Italian Restaurant that I would highly recommend.

The entertainment could be different. The main Broadway show will be the same, but the other entertainers are rotated from ship to ship, so it just depends on when the rotation occurs!

Either way you will have a blast on your B2B!

Happy sailing!

BILL

I thought the Mariner only did 7 days too. Might be ignorant, sometimes am.

You will get the same cabin. You will also get the same entertainment, but no worries. You cannot possibly see it all and this will give you a chance to relax more.

I too suggest, Portofino's and Chops. Too good to miss.

The menu will be the same, but you can pick out the weak nights and book accordingly.

lucky you!!! that will be an awesome 2 week cruise- there is so much to do and so many food options that you won't be bored with 2 weeks on the same ship- after all, 7 days just isnt long enough - let us know how you liked the 2 weeks and if that is long enough.....:)

So I'm thinking of two back-to-back cruises on the Mariner, one to the Eastern Caribbean and the other to the West. I'm assuming I can book the same cabin for both, correct? Will the menus and entertainment be the same for both weeks or varied? Am I right in assuming that there are others who don't think one week is long enough? Has anyone done both cruises together on the Mariner?

em

em;

We are booked on Mariner NEXT WEEK (May 27th) for an "Eastern/Western" Back-to-Back. CAN'T WAIT!! :D

We booked this almost a whole year ago and it is really getting close.

Anyway.....

to your questions....

When you book, you will be actually booking TWO cruises. There are 2 booking #'s and 2 sets of documents..., etc. (also all your discounts and C&A coupons for BOTH cruises. ;) )

You definitely want to look over the deck plans and pick which cabin you want (have 3 or 4 options incase the first isn't available).

Then call RCI direct and talk to someone about which of the ones you have picked will be available for both weeks. This won't happen automatically like some people make it sound.

The Iteneraries are different, so the scheduled entertainment will be different; even though they may be the same acts. (does that make sense?)

Same with the Dining Menues. It will be the same menues, but the nights will be different. (Formal nights on Tue. and Fri. instead of Mon. and Thurs., etc.)

Now, on the Sunday when everyone else is having to LEAVE.....:p, you get to stay...:D !!

You will be given a schedule for when and where to meet one of the ship reps, and they will walk you off and back on the ship with new "Sea-Pass" cards for the new week.

Hope This Helps.

We are doing back to back cruises this June. The first cruise is Sat. - Sat. on Carnival Glory (Western Caribbean - Cozumel, Belize, Costa Maya and Nassau). We then disembark, spend a night in a hotel (do laundry!!!) and then get on Mariner on Sunday AM for the Eastern Caribbean. I like the idea of two different ships, two different menus, etc ...

Just something to think about as both cruises leave from the same port.

>We are booked on Mariner NEXT WEEK (May 27th) for an "Eastern/Western" Back-to-Back. CAN'T WAIT!!

>Now, on the Sunday when everyone else is having to LEAVE....., you get to stay... !!

Thank you for all the information. Our first cruise was RCI and it was perfect until they insisted we leave at the end of the week and we weren't ready to come home yet. :( We only thought briefly of doing one week on another line but we enjoyed RCI so much that we decided to go for two weeks on the same ship. Besides the thought that we will be able to stay on while everyone else has to pack and leave is wonderful! Please post a review of your Back-to-Back when you return. Hope it's all you've dreamed of!

Now, on the Sunday when everyone else is having to LEAVE.....:p, you get to stay...:D !!

You will be given a schedule for when and where to meet one of the ship reps, and they will walk you off and back on the ship with new "Sea-Pass" cards for the new week.

Hope This Helps.

Thanks! It helps very much! We're doing a B2B on Mariner in January.

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Archived