**Zuiderdam-First-Time Solo/Singles Cruise(Dec1,2007)

LexitKat62

Hi Everyone !!!!

I JUST booked my VERY first solo-singles cruise.......I JUST went on my very first cruise this past March 2007.

I am going from Dec.1,2007 till Dec.8, 2007..to the Caribbean on HAL Zuiderdam........

anyone else here going??????/

also.... anyone have any suggestions, tips.. etc..???

I am flying out of L.I. NY and to Ft Lauderdale..to cruise.

Have a great weekend everyone...

Loretta

Howdy Loretta! 50.gif

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the Singles Forum! 04.gif

I corrected your font so your post will be easier for other members to read. I sincerely hope you do not mind, but it was done to help you abide by our Community Guidelines section titled Board Manipulation, Rich Text, Graphic Images.

A good place to get to know the Cruise Critic members sailing with you is your Roll Call titled Zuiderdam 12/01/2007, who's in? at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=550671. Your Roll Call is where you will find the Cruise Critic members sailing with you.

Just click the link above, read through all the posts to get to know the others, and then make a post introducing yourself. I feel sure your fellow Roll Call members will be glad to hear from you and will welcome you with replies. You can take your on-line relationship from there. You and your fellow Roll Call members will need to post often to keep it on the first page. This will make it easier for others sailing with you to locate the Roll Call.

I sincerely hope this information will be satisfactory and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! 05.gif

Kat020105_emYA11_prv.gif

Dont go on HAL if you want to meet others your age (men or women). This is not meant to say HAL is not a bad line. HAL is great. Very service oriented and elegant. Just an older crowd. After 11 pm the ship is almost deserted. I think your going with a group. Take a Halloween cruise if your schedule permits. :)

LexitKat62, generally speaking fireofficer5 is correct, but not for this sailing. I just completed my first singles cruise on the Carnival Valor with the same agency. They did a very good job. We had 200 singles in our group and everyone that I met was great. This agency does a great job for singles. I will book with them again. I am looking at the Sept. 29 cruise, due to price and the Dec. 1 cruise due to the ship.

RELAX, You will have a good time on this cruise.

ce2000 I was on the Valor too. Had a great time with the group as well. I'm not saying anything bad about HAL. I had my daughter with me in oct. 2004. Its the age range of the group that you are going with. I think L.K. 62 is younger than most on that singles group.

• 2 weeks later...

mctrekkie, I'm glad that you checked in here. I have not yet booked the Dec. 1 Zuiderdam cruise, but I will later. I am booked on the Sept. 29 Glory cruise, I have been to all of ports that the Glory will visit, but I just couldn't pass this up, the price is just to good.

Looking forward to meeting you and all of the others on Dec. 1.

Terry

LK62, I'm living in Dallas right now; moved there from Seattle last winter.

Terry, glad you're joining us. Sounds like the group will be large, and though it's my first cruise with this agency, I hear they do a great job for their single/solo cruises. Looking forward to it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm on the Dec 1 '07 Zuiderdam singles cruise too. I went on this ship last year to the same ports, and the passengers seemed to be 40+. However, there were some younger families. That wasn't a singles cruise, although this is my second singles cruise with this agency.

I'm from Massachusetts, and will be flying down to FL the day before the cruise.

• 1 month later...

I wonder how many singles are in our group so far........??

Just out of curiosity, I checked Southwest for flights in Dec.. The flight I am already booked on ( Thank goodness) is totally booked !!!!!! good thing I booked it when I did !!!!!!!!

Can't waittt,, but I am trying not to get too excited... cause before you know it , we'll be back home from it :(

Hey,, question,, anyone been on Azamara line? ( Quest) is the ship... my parents are thinking about going and we're not so sure about it and I can't find much about them anywhere.

cya all in 3 months and 2 weeks-ish/....?? LOL

Rett

I wonder how many singles are in our group so far........??

Just out of curiosity, I checked Southwest for flights in Dec.. The flight I am already booked on ( Thank goodness) is totally booked !!!!!! good thing I booked it when I did !!!!!!!!

Can't waittt,, but I am trying not to get too excited... cause before you know it , we'll be back home from it :(

Hey,, question,, anyone been on Azamara line? ( Quest) is the ship... my parents are thinking about going and we're not so sure about it and I can't find much about them anywhere.

cya all in 3 months and 2 weeks-ish/....?? LOL

Rett

Rett,

Azamara is a brand new line (part of Celebrity). They just started sailing recently, so I'm guessing there aren't many reviews out there quite yet. From what I've read about them (mostly press releases) Azamara is Celebrity's version of a smaller ship luxury line.

I've sailed Celebrity once, and was very happy with the experience. The service was superior, the ship lovely, the food and beverage very good, and the staterooms and public areas well maintained. Since the Azamara ships are brand new, I'd think your parents would have a great cruise.

Cheers,

Peggy

Archived