Altering Menu Items???

mueller74us

Can you alter menu items or are the entrees in the back, fully prepared and ready to be plated? (ex: I see that one of the menu items is a baked ziti with peppers...could I ask for no peppers?) Husband is VERY picky eater!!

Jennifer

Can you alter menu items or are the entrees in the back, fully prepared and ready to be plated? (ex: I see that one of the menu items is a baked ziti with peppers...could I ask for no peppers?) Husband is VERY picky eater!!

Jennifer

These are usually prepared already since they are served to the masses, I would ask anyways or get it and just remove the peppers.

Fred

These are usually prepared already since they are served to the masses, I would ask anyways or get it and just remove the peppers.

Fred

OR...DH could go crazy and actually eat a pepper!!! Thanks for your input, Fred!

Jennifer

I have read about a lady that had to have everything on her plate changed around, she wanted the potatos from entree number 3 on entree number 6 and the pickles from entree number 1 on entree number 2 but on entree number 6 leave out the cherrys and add pears :eek:

The waiter did it but it took longer for the whole table to get served.

what a pain.

Fred

It's been our experience that they can leave the sauce off something, but that's about it. Our waiter a few weeks ago explained that with the pasta sauces, they're cooked with all the ingredients in them, and they really can't pick the stuff out. They are extremely willing to bring a second entree, though, if you don't like the first one. And, they're very quick doing it. My dh didn't like his entree one night, and he had a new one in about two minutes. I wouldn't worry about your dh. He'll get filled up. Another really fun thing to do is order several appetizers. We've done that before, and by the time the entree comes, we're already full. I can't imagine going hungry on a cruise. There's always plenty to choose from. It's also a great time to try something new. Both our teenage daughters have tried escargot. Why not try it, when it doesn't cost any extra? They're much more adventurous eaters on cruises than they are at home. By the way, they hated the escargot!

Dottie

It would be no surpirse to anyone in my group to see me picking stuff out of my food. I do it all the time:o . I don't eat veggies so you should see me eat out. It isn't always feasible to keep them out of the dish. I just need a very large dish on the side to put everything on! Gross, I know:eek: .

I can vouch for what someone just said - when you have people making special requests your server has to go do all the special work, which makes him or her less available and more hurried to get all the tables served. It's not an ideal situation. Same thing happens when someone shows up late and they are off the schedule of appetizer - entree - dessert.

If you have seafood alergies, you need to let them know. I read something on here about the fried suff like french fries. The usually use the same deep fryers for everything. I thought the thread I read, said if you tell them, they will get you some out of a special fryer.

It would be no surpirse to anyone in my group to see me picking stuff out of my food. I do it all the time:o . I don't eat veggies so you should see me eat out. It isn't always feasible to keep them out of the dish. I just need a very large dish on the side to put everything on! Gross, I know:eek: .

You know, I'd rather have a partner/friend that picked everything off rather than put the waiter through hell when altering items! :D You know, I have no problem with "hold the mayo" or similar, but when people are basically recreating the menu, I get a bit testy ;)

I am the same way! On our last cruise in April, I was picking veggies out of everything, wish I liked them, since some of them are good for you, but just know that you are not alone. :)

Archived