Advice on September Journey Cruise

steve712

OK, I need some advice. I booked the 9/29 sailing of the Journey (pre-Azmara) to Bermuda for our BIG wedding anniversary. Actually is "only" 15 year, but it is the first time away from kids in almost a decade! We are mid-40's and seasoned cruisers having been on several RCCL cruises, Princess and X (all with kids). Like the idea of limited smoking, smaller ship, upscale experience etc.

Issue is that I am planning this as a surprise for my wife and am concerned about the shakedown issues I'm reading about here. With final payment coming up in about 4 weeks I could use some advice (especially from those who have cruised Journey) on whether you think she'll be in decent shape by end of September. We love cruising, and have never been to Bermuda, but have to be honest that I'm considering cancelling in favor of an all-inclusive or similar experience. This is a once in a lifetime event for us and I don't want to mess it up.

Also have a question about flight timing if we do sail the Journey. Our friendly neighborhood airline has a flight out of Newark at about 1230PM. Is this too soon? Should we look for a later flight?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Steve-

My husband and I have just booked the same cruise as you 9/29 for our 25th wedding anniversary. We are in our late 40's. I have never been to Bermuda (he has to play golf). We have cruised on other lines as well and think this will be very different. Going somewhere new on your anniversary on an upscale ship sounds romantic to me (that's why we booked it). I think it all should be fine by late september. I think it's a good choice.

As for your question about getting to Newark Airport for 12:30. You should have no problem. We were on the explorer last Sept. and we were off by nine am and that ship had a lot more people on it. The airport is only 15 minutes away.

OK, I need some advice. I booked the 9/29 sailing of the Journey (pre-Azmara) to Bermuda for our BIG wedding anniversary. Actually is "only" 15 year, but it is the first time away from kids in almost a decade! We are mid-40's and seasoned cruisers having been on several RCCL cruises, Princess and X (all with kids). Like the idea of limited smoking, smaller ship, upscale experience etc.

Issue is that I am planning this as a surprise for my wife and am concerned about the shakedown issues I'm reading about here. With final payment coming up in about 4 weeks I could use some advice (especially from those who have cruised Journey) on whether you think she'll be in decent shape by end of September. We love cruising, and have never been to Bermuda, but have to be honest that I'm considering cancelling in favor of an all-inclusive or similar experience. This is a once in a lifetime event for us and I don't want to mess it up.

Will be on this cruise with you and in all probability, everything should be ironed out by then. That's 4 months to go. On the other hand, if you have doubts......well. This will not be a ship to party on. If you will want a romantic time. This may be it.

I think the ship will be in decent shape by the end of the December, I'd be more concerned that Sept is still hurricane season and they are predicting an active season this year. Make sure you have travel insurance.

Will be on this cruise with you and in all probability, everything should be ironed out by then. That's 4 months to go. On the other hand, if you have doubts......well. This will not be a ship to party on. If you will want a romantic time. This may be it.

Hi Grandsix !

How are you ? I hope all is well. As for Cruising on Journey in late September.... I would not worry about it much at all. I am confident that Journey's problems are short-term, and things will be fine long before then.

When you have a chance, feel free to drop me an email, and say hi !

Also have a question about flight timing if we do sail the Journey. Our friendly neighborhood airline has a flight out of Newark at about 1230PM. Is this too soon? Should we look for a later flight?

Thanks in advance!

I hope you have seen the recent post from someone who is on Journey now and says all problems are solved. Everything is great. Sounds like it will be smooth sailing for her now. (Of course, there will always be a few grouses---on any sailing.)

Archived