And a couple more Paradise Beach Questions

MickeyG

This being our first cruise and first visit to Cozumel, I have a couple of questions about Paradise Beach. Do any reservations need to be made prior to our visit? From what I gather, we need only grab a taxi at the port and tell the driver to take us to PB. I assume that once we are there we simply find a place to sit, relax and enjoy the food/beverages and water. We will be in Cozumel on 12/22/04. Will everything be up and running during the Christmas season? Are the crowds larger or smaller during this time of year? Is PB kid friendly (ages 11 & 13)? Thanks for any and all help you can provide.:)

Yes, just grab a taxi! There are no reservations needed. There is a lot to do at PB, and its very kid friendly. Check it out at http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.net. I found out yesterday that, as of Oct. 1st (I think), there will be one $5 charge for usage of the "toys" (see the website) - a deal compared to other beaches down there. This excludes the beach chairs and the umbreallas - they are still free!! As for the crowds, I havent been in Dec. so I can't help you out with that one!!! Hope this helps!!!!

MickeyG...I'll be around, just look for the tall guy with the purple cap!

Had an amazing weekend, actually...went to see and swim with whale sharks off Holbox Island in the Gulf! Check this: http://www.h2opeakperform.com/whale_shark_tours.htm for an idea of what we experienced. The Manta Rays were impressive also....huge wingspans!

Hasta la vista!

Well - you never know. I would think SOMEONE would have said something on here if the great montazoomas revenge hit them - but I also know it's a question the others in my party will ask - so now I can say I asked.

Thanks for the all clear - LOL.

I too was worried about drinking anything on Cozumel. When we were last there (10 years ago), we were warned not to drink anything but bottled unopened water and beer. We will have our daughter with us and I really want to be careful. But you're right, I haven't heard anyone complaining. Surely they would.

Archived