Indoor Pool/Jacuzi on Dawn Princess??

mikjr

Just curious if the Dawn Princess has an indoor pool or Jacuzi? we're off to Alaska June 1... and was trying to decide if I should pack a swim suit.

Also, any wardrobe suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

mike

There are no indoor pools or jacuzzi's on the Dawn, however, just returned from Alaska and the weather was fabulous. I wore my down jacket one day and that was only so it didn't go along for the ride. I think the best time to jacuzzi is in the colder weather....so would bring that swim suit just in case you might want it. We sailed on a cool weather cruise on the Dawn once and they tended to close the jacuzzi's when it was cold out....I would think that is when they should be open. However, we were told it was for maintenance....but for several days??? Either way, the suit doesn't take too much room so would definitely pack it.

The coldest day will be when you sail up near the glacier. If you stay indoors, you may not need to even bring a jacket. This was our fourth time to Alaska from SF and can honestly say, the heaviest jacket you will need is a fleece lined rain coat. They sell them everywhere up there for $20 --- mark my words! Every single store had the same one for the same price. You may also want to layer instead of bring heavy clothing. Most days required no more than a long sleeve t-shirt and long pants. If you go to White Pass, it can be brisk so would pile on an extra layer with the rain coat over the top. Many ports, that jacket just hung over my arm. If you stop in Sitka, however, might be a bit brisk...it was the day we were there. Other than that....excellent weather and I wouldn't go overboard with clothing designed for the tundra. Just don't think you will need it. Layering is always the best bet.

The aft pool is not technically indoors but it and two jacuzzi's are covered. So if it's raining, you won't get wet, but you might get cold :o

I'd bring a swimwuit, if you think you might get into the jacuzzi, and the Dawn has a nice little steam room and sauna. These are in the locker rooms of the spa so you don't technically need a suit, at the risk of seeming prudish tho, I wore mine.

Have fun!

Archived