Glacier Wedding Review!!!

Hello everyone!

We got back from our RC cruise to Alaska on Friday where we got married. We had a REALLY hard time during the month or so before our wedding as far as dealing with RR, but I am happy to report that once we got on the ship, everything went very smoothly. The first day Garrett and I had a couples massage which was a great way to start the trip. We were out to sea all day Sat. and got to Juneau on Sunday. We tried to not see each other very much on our wedding day so he went into town with his parents and I went with mine, but we kept running into each other! My parents and I went back to the ship so I could get ready by 5. I started getting a little anxious at that point and I had a hard time getting my makeup on. I got my hair done on the ship and she did a great job. We met the coordinator to go to what I thought would be a taxi, but they had gotten us a limo, which was a nice touch. All the people waiting for excusions were taking pictures of us and we had a lot of attention. I forgot the marriage license so Garrett had to run back to the ship and when he came back the crowd was cheering for him. So cute! The limo driver was great, the photographer exceded our expectations. The weather was perfect and we saw amazing views from the helicopter. We had the ceremony we always wanted, small and intimate in a beautiful setting. When we got back to the ship our parents were waiting, except my mom. My dad told me, get this! she was in corentine (sp) for having a head and stomach ache! 48 hours in her cabin, and my dad 24 just for sharing a room with her! My advise, do not go to the ship infermery unless you are VERY sick. They could not join us for dinner, but we did have the head waiter send the champagne and cake down and we all ate it in there room. Over all we had an amazing time and I would do it again in a minute. We have over 450 wedding pics from the photographer and some of them are on our website garrettandsara.com under photo albums/ glacier wedding pics. I will post more when I have time. :) Thanks!

Hello everyone!

We got back from our RC cruise to Alaska on Friday where we got married. We had a REALLY hard time during the month or so before our wedding as far as dealing with RR, but I am happy to report that once we got on the ship, everything went very smoothly. The first day Garrett and I had a couples massage which was a great way to start the trip. We were out to sea all day Sat. and got to Juneau on Sunday. We tried to not see each other very much on our wedding day so he went into town with his parents and I went with mine, but we kept running into each other! My parents and I went back to the ship so I could get ready by 5. I started getting a little anxious at that point and I had a hard time getting my makeup on. I got my hair done on the ship and she did a great job. We met the coordinator to go to what I thought would be a taxi, but they had gotten us a limo, which was a nice touch. All the people waiting for excusions were taking pictures of us and we had a lot of attention. I forgot the marriage license so Garrett had to run back to the ship and when he came back the crowd was cheering for him. So cute! The limo driver was great, the photographer exceded our expectations. The weather was perfect and we saw amazing views from the helicopter. We had the ceremony we always wanted, small and intimate in a beautiful setting. When we got back to the ship our parents were waiting, except my mom. My dad told me, get this! she was in corentine (sp) for having a head and stomach ache! 48 hours in her cabin, and my dad 24 just for sharing a room with her! My advise, do not go to the ship infermery unless you are VERY sick. They could not join us for dinner, but we did have the head waiter send the champagne and cake down and we all ate it in there room. Over all we had an amazing time and I would do it again in a minute. We have over 450 wedding pics from the photographer and some of them are on our website garrettandsara.com under photo albums/ glacier wedding pics. I will post more when I have time. :) Thanks!

Yay!!!!! Glad to hear it all worked out!

p.s. I just noticed your location. I am in Tx now but I grew up in Piedmont, Ca. Are you close to that?

Yay!!!!! Glad to hear it all worked out!

p.s. I just noticed your location. I am in Tx now but I grew up in Piedmont, Ca. Are you close to that?

Okay, got it - Chico/Redding. I have friends in Redding. Know the Jordan Perry's? (Jordan, Mary, 3 kids)

Your first pic on your website needs to be rotated. No worries...I just cranked my head ot the side to view it :D

Actually, there are more pics that need to be rotated. They look great tho!

I know I am a dork. I was too excited to post pictures to rotate them. I am not sure I know your friend, but Redding has about 1 degree of seperation so I probably know someone who knows him. We have way more pictures to post, but thanks for looking!

Okay, got it - Chico/Redding. I have friends in Redding. Know the Jordan Perry's? (Jordan, Mary, 3 kids)

Your first pic on your website needs to be rotated. No worries...I just cranked my head ot the side to view it :D

Actually, there are more pics that need to be rotated. They look great tho!

Wow, pictures are great! I didn`t imagine a glacier wedding would look like that with the turquoise water in the back and mountains. it is so special and beautiful!

Congratulations!!!

I am happy everything ended well

Caroline

Your photos are the best glacier wedding photos I've seen. I saw many when I considered it. I'm very glad everything went well. I hear Alaska weather has been amazingly nice (am doing research a lot on Alaska lately). Have you done any excursions? I'm calling a few whale watching boat tour companies to organize a tour just for my guests. Did you see whales from the cruise? Any suggestions as to what we should do?

Your photos are the best glacier wedding photos I've seen. I saw many when I considered it. I'm very glad everything went well. I hear Alaska weather has been amazingly nice (am doing research a lot on Alaska lately). Have you done any excursions? I'm calling a few whale watching boat tour companies to organize a tour just for my guests. Did you see whales from the cruise? Any suggestions as to what we should do?

We had the best weather!!! It was really clear and not too windy everywhere we went! I loved going in the helicopter to see the glaciers. It was a wonderful way to see the sights, even if you are not getting married. We did not go whale watching and heard mixed reviews. Whales are around when they feel like it! We did see whales and dolphins from the ship, but only one or two. We went on a bus tour to the summit in Skagway which was beautiful and really informative. Juneau if VERY touresty(is that a word?) It has tons of shops and lots of people in the center of town, but it is also the capital of Alaska so there is more to it if you can get past the cruise terminal area. I would try to get out of town if I were you. I hope the weather is as nice for you as it was for us. I love our pictures and all the memories we have. When we landed on the glacier we looked at each other and said "I can't believe how beautiful this is!!!"I looked at all the pictures I could find on glacier weddings too and I think ares are better than a lot of them, but I could be bias! Alaska and British Colombia are just spectacular. You will have a beautiful wedding and a great time!

Your pictures are Amazing!! Congrats on your wedding. I am so glad that in the end, your wedding was everything you and your husband had hoped for. I hope my wedding onboard the ship while at sea in Alaska turns out just as perfect!!

Archived