Anyone been to Samana?

autumn wind

I don't remember what RCI rated this excursion but I would have to say the most "strenuous" part of it was the walk to the caves - and that was mostly because the ground was uneven and a bit slippery as we had some rain. The footing in the caves was also a bit rough and it was fairly dark which made it difficult to adjust for the bumps along the way. The mangroves were viewed from our small boat - obviously - so that wasn't a problem.

• 4 years later...

I am an Official Tour Guide here in the Samana Peninsula region, and people ask me oftenly What To Do while vacationing in Beautiful Samana.

Nowadays in 2012 a lot of things as changed for the Better here in Samana,

since this last post was written way back in 2007.

My simple best recommendation to find up to date information about Samana is to check out the new Tourism Website of GO SAMANA.

http://gosamana-dominicanrepublic.com

Almost all Tour Operators are promoting themselves there, you will find that there is plenty to do and discover in our Beautiful Natural Region of Samana.

• 1 month later...

Just back from Samana on NCL Dawn. Had booked private tour with Terry #5. It was AWESOME and a highlight of our entire cruise. We visited a school, local home, a lovely beach with a meal fresh cooked for us, and a hike up to a waterfall where we went for a dip. There was 9 of us from our ship. We all enjoyed it. We stopped at a local shop where they make cocoa and grow vanilla, peppercorns, lemons, papaya etc. They took us on a tour to see how these grow which was wonderful for my children. I can't recommend it enough. Great day. Others on our ship went ziplining with Terry and loved it as well.

Archived