Where to go for dinner around Mallory Square?

jerseygirl63

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
N

Hot Tin Roof - pricey but good

Agreed - we loved the atmosphere and service and had a wonderful dinner but it wasn't cheap. That said, if I was spending a few days in Key West I would go there again.

We hope to see the sunset in Key West and want to go to Mallory Square(is this the best spot?). Do you have any favorites restaurants near the square? Thanks:)

I'm actually not a fan of the restaurants already mentioned, nor are most locals. I recommend going around the corner to Key West Bight where the restaurants are much better. Alonzo's and Commodore are excellent. For more casual, I recommend Conch Republic Seafood Company.

I'm actually not a fan of the restaurants already mentioned, nor are most locals. I recommend going around the corner to Key West Bight where the restaurants are much better. Alonzo's and Commodore are excellent. For more casual, I recommend Conch Republic Seafood Company.

Make that two of us.;)

Mike:)

The OP mentioned wanting to see the sunset. As I recall, you can't see the sunset from either Commodore or Alonzo's. I love the harbor view from Commodore and the view from the second floor of A&B Lobster House, but you can't see the sunset there. You can't see the sunset from El Meson de Pepe either unless you elect to watch the sunset at Mallory, then go eat, which is another matter. That option allows you to eat pretty much anywhere in Key West.

Personally.....I'd have drink somewhere and watch the sunset then go back on the ship and enjoy a late night dinner on board. Probably better food, better service, certainly better price!

Personally.....I'd have drink somewhere and watch the sunset then go back on the ship and enjoy a late night dinner on board. Probably better food, better service, certainly better price!

Unless the op has a cruise planned that isn't in their signature, and it happens to be one of the only few that stay past sunset, they will be here on a land vacation.

Agreed...We stayed in KW for a week and had dinner at Conch Republic Seafood Company, on Paul's recommendation, twice. Nice view and the food is excellent! :)

Agreed...We stayed in KW for a week and had dinner at Conch Republic Seafood Company, on Paul's recommendation, twice. Nice view and the food is excellent! :)

Greetings

Try the Oysters Callaloo appetizer. I never miss them when I stop there.

Good Sailing

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Archived