? about drinks onboard

Sandi149

Very excited about my cruise next Monday and I'm thinking about the drinks that they have onboard. :D Does anyone know if they can make watermelon, cantelope, honeydew and mango margaritas or daiquiris? I'm getting in the mood for those nice tropical drinks. :D:p

Hi Sandi! I'm excited for you! I know you're going to have a GREAT cruise! The Miracle is such a great ship.

To answer your question, they definitely have mango, strawberry, and banana daquiris. Don't believe they have any of the melons. I love the 3 I just listed, plus Kiss on Lips, Dirty Banana, and Yellow Bird.

Can you do me a favor? Can report back to me if Jacques is still on this ship? He was a social host from South Africa - VERY good looking - and had just started his contract when I sailed in December. If you do see him, let him know Leslie from Chicago says hi:)

Kiss on the Lips is mango-peachy. I don't know what else is in it, but it's VERY Yummy. Yellow bird isn't frozen, but very tasty - if you like bananas. I watched the bartender make one of mine, but I don't remember all that she put in it - there was a lot of variety to it, but the banana flavor comes out.

You'll find Jacques out and about at the various events and games - hairy chest contest, deck parties, trivia, newlywed/not so newlywed, Fear Factor, etc. If you go to the Welcome show the first night, the CD usually introduces the social staff, and he'd be introduced there. Not sure if this will work, but this is a picture of us.

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=149061956/PictureID=2788173494/a=32191367_32191367/t_=32191367

Kiss on the Lips is mango-peachy. I don't know what else is in it, but it's VERY Yummy. Yellow bird isn't frozen, but very tasty - if you like bananas. I watched the bartender make one of mine, but I don't remember all that she put in it - there was a lot of variety to it, but the banana flavor comes out.

You'll find Jacques out and about at the various events and games - hairy chest contest, deck parties, trivia, newlywed/not so newlywed, Fear Factor, etc. If you go to the Welcome show the first night, the CD usually introduces the social staff, and he'd be introduced there. Not sure if this will work, but this is a picture of us.

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=149061956/PictureID=2788173494/a=32191367_32191367/t_=32191367

Those drinks do sound good. I am going to try them all....LOL!!!! :D

Jacques is quite goodlooking.....and you are very pretty. :)

Thank you:)

Try them all! You won't be driving anywhere! It's funny. I budget 10 drinks per day. I'm such a lightweight (and I get drinks purchased for me) that I don't even come close to that...more like 3 or 4! I get too full, and I don't want to be wasted and hungover. But I keep 10 in the budget so I can say, oh my S&S was less than I thought it was going to be:rolleyes:

Hi again Sandi. I hope your cruise is all you want it to be, and it should be because you have a great attitude.:)

About the "Yellowbird" - it's my favorite Drink-of-the-Day on ships.

I just don't recall any banana flavor...and I don't much care for bananas. There are a few varities of Yellowbird, so who knows?

The Yellowbird I really like (and make at home) has heavy cream, white creme de cacao, Galliano, orange juice, and vodka. However, I was at a friend's home, and he made me a Yellowbird - put a splash of banana liqueur in it - so there must be many varieties.:confused: Just try one for yourself and see what you think!

We enjoyed the Yellow Bird on our Carnival Cruise a few years back. It was actually my husband's favorite and he hates bananas. We got the recipie - It has light rum, Galliano, Creme de Banana, Orange and Pineapple Juice.

Very excited about my cruise next Monday and I'm thinking about the drinks that they have onboard. :D Does anyone know if they can make watermelon, cantelope, honeydew and mango margaritas or daiquiris? I'm getting in the mood for those nice tropical drinks. :D:p

Try the different drink of the day everyday so you can say you've had those 7. Also the funship specials are great

Hi again Sandi. I hope your cruise is all you want it to be, and it should be because you have a great attitude.:)

About the "Yellowbird" - it's my favorite Drink-of-the-Day on ships.

I just don't recall any banana flavor...and I don't much care for bananas. There are a few varities of Yellowbird, so who knows?

The Yellowbird I really like (and make at home) has heavy cream, white creme de cacao, Galliano, orange juice, and vodka. However, I was at a friend's home, and he made me a Yellowbird - put a splash of banana liqueur in it - so there must be many varieties.:confused: Just try one for yourself and see what you think!

Thanks Cotton....I'm just so excited. :D Just brought up the suitcases from the basement and tomorrow we are going to start packing. :p

I like most fruity and creamy drinks. I'm really in the mood for a mango or watermelon margarita or daiquiri. :D The Yellowbird that you make sounds absolutely delicious also. Kind of like a chocolate creamsicle.

Those melon drinks all seem to have a Midori base. It's hard to believe they wouldn't carry Midori in the bars. I'd suggest you sneak your own bottle aboard :D (that's for another thread) just in case.

They do carry Midori in the bars. I always get Midori Margaritas....

Will definitely have to try the Kiss On The Lips. – Is that one of the daily drink specials? We'll be on the Legend next March. All ready thirsty!

No it is not daily special. Kiss on the Lips is a frozen drink (the daily special are fruity but not frozen?

Sandi.....Wishing you a wonderful cruise!! Have read lots of your posts and your enthusiasm is contagious!!!! With your attitude I bet you have the time of your life!! We cruise the Miracle July 30th and am looking forward to your review....Have lots of foo-foo drinks for all of us still on land..Happy cruising..Deb

Sandi.....Wishing you a wonderful cruise!! Have read lots of your posts and your enthusiasm is contagious!!!! With your attitude I bet you have the time of your life!! We cruise the Miracle July 30th and am looking forward to your review....Have lots of foo-foo drinks for all of us still on land..Happy cruising..Deb

Thanks Deb. :)

I am quite enthused about this cruise because this is my first "real" cruise. The other two that I took were only two 2-night cruises to nowhere. It's been a dream of mine ever since I was a kid when my parents cruised without me and I would stay with my grandma to go on a Caribbean cruise alone with my husband. Monday that dream will finally come true. :D So basically I have been waiting for this for almost my whole life. I know I'm going to have a great time. I am just so excited!!! I will definitely be posting a very long and detailed review when I get back.

Looking forward to all those foo foos. Let's have one now.....make mine a watermelon margarita. :D:p

Archived