Panama Canal Recs

Mysteryreader

There are so many variables to consider. Do you mind a long flight? Do you want it before or after the cruise? Do you want it warm or hot? How long do you have for your trip? What cruise line do you prefer? Does size of ship matter? You have been given a lot of good information by the other posters, but you will need to make the decision.

We (9 of us) made the cruise from Fort Lauderdale to San Diego, March 25, 2007 - April 8, 2007. We live on the West coast and having the shorter flight after the cruise is the better way to go, so you might consider just the opposite, because you live on the East coast.

For more information about our cruise experience, I offer you my Cruise Critic review:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=28065

No matter what you do, you should have fun if you make decisions based upon your own wants and needs.

Bob

We were on the Connie in April and did the same excursion as mcjeditor. It was well worth it. The included "box lunch" was awful, though. If I were doing it again, I would make a cheese sandwich at breakfast to bring with me (I wouldn't bring meat or fruits because they may be restricted). Although they have water and sodas on the ferry, you may want to bring a bottle of water for the long bus ride to the ferry. (Make sure to take advantage of the bathrooms on the ship or at the port before you get on the bus.) I had antibiotic hand wipes with me, and was glad to have them. It's a good idea to take the umbrella from your cabin with you. The canal is in the middle of a rain forest, and we had heavy rains for about an hour. Now I want to do a full canal transit!

Archived