breakfast

busybusybusy

We always preferred dining room breakfast on Princess (but NOT on Celebrity). The pancakes seemed made to order, instead of 250 at a time, like they are in the Court. Much too rubbery in the Court.

Of course Celebrity has fresh made waffles in their food court . . .

Definitely, the dining room. No bumping into people, no carrying plates, the coffee is actually palatable, and no struggles to find a table. The only time I go up to Horizon Court for breakfast is to grab some lox and bagel to take back to the cabin.

I also vote for the dining room. Everything made to order. Eggs anyway you like them. Juice, toast, bacon, etc. Or just something light. The coffee leaves a lot to be desired, but thank goodness I like tea. :D

Also, this is a good time to sit at table with others if you like to dine alone in the evening. :)

I did not care for the Court breakfast at all. Don't mind the bumping and schlepping, just felt too crowded. The staff was nice, you can get omlettes to order, etc. I do like it for a quick bite in the afternoon tho. :)

We are not big breakfast eaters so we ordered room service almost everyday and ate on our balcony as we were pulling into port. We did eat at court one day and dining room one day. All were fine. It will really depend on how much time you want to spend and how hungry you are. It will be good any way you go. Enjoy!

I think the dining room has better food, but in saying that we eat at the horizon courrt on most mornings. Its quick and I always manage to find enough good food that I end up over eating. I also like to have breakfast on the balcony.

Scott

I used to prefer eating breakfast at the Horizon Court. My typical cruise breakfast is fresh fruit, bran muffin, and smoked salmon with a bagel. I don't go for the omelets, pancakes, bacon and sausage.

On our last cruise (Grand in December), we ate more in the dining room and enjoyed being waited on. Smoked salmon was always on the menu in the dining room but wasn't always available at the Horizon Court. We had room service once the morning we were getting to Grand Cayman and enjoyed that too.

Just back from the Golden's Caribbean trip. I would definately recommend the Dining room - just much more civilised. Whenever we went to Horizon Court we ended up taking far too much and leaving it - seems such a waste.

Always the dining room - also better for lunch. My most recent cruise was the first time I ate anything but dinner in the dining room. It's so much nicer to be served, even if all you want is fruit and a muffin. I don't think I'll ever eat at the Horizon again (unless it is "and" LOL). Seriously, we eat a very late dinner, so if we've had a late breakfast in the dining room, then skipped lunch, we sometimes grab a late afternoon snack in the Court. The Dawn has the best pizza restaurant as well - another good substitute for lunch in the dining room.

My little one is allergic to milk and eggs, so the only way to ensure he doesn't get food with cross contamination is to eat in the dining room and special order his food. Princess also serve a glutin-less bread and soymilk that are delicious and are only available in the dining room.

So if you have any special dietary requirements, eating in dining rooms is the only way to go.

Even if our little one does not have allergies, we would still prefer eating in the dining rooms.

Archived