Who's Interested in Cruising on Mariner when it Repos to LA

Buy lots of lottery tickets.

Can't wait to see the itinerary.

We could have a group for the whole thing and groups for each leg.

Now that's something to think about.

Around the horn and the Chilean Fjords without having to fly there.

Lots of familiar names popping up here.

All speculation at this time.........BUT, IF the Mariner does indeed get repositioned over to California...........the cruise would have to include going around the horn....since it just won't fit through the canal. RCI would most probably do it in segments........my guess is three.....

1. Florida to Sao Paulo Brazil
  2. Sao Paulo Brazil to Valparaiso Chile
  3. Valparaiso Chile to LA

So............anybody out there ready to take a cruise?

The Emails

Dear David,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately I cannot comment about our itineraries other than the what we have announced. Please be assured that Port Canaveral is important to us.

Best regards,

Adam

And my original Email

Hello Adam

I have been reading in the Cruise Critic web site that Mariner of the Seas is getting repositioned to Los Angeles in 2009. Is this true and if so are there plans to put another ship in Port Canaveral? After cruising out of that port, just having Sovereign of the Seas out of that port would be a great loss for vacationers wanting the Orlando experience followed by a Royal Caribbean cruise. I have also thought that maybe Celebrity would put a Solstice class there. Port Everglades and Miami have more than enough to spare one ship to PC.

Keep up the great work.

The Emails

Dear David,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately I cannot comment about our itineraries other than the what we have announced. Please be assured that Port Canaveral is important to us.

Best regards,

Adam

And my original Email

Hello Adam

I have been reading in the Cruise Critic web site that Mariner of the Seas is getting repositioned to Los Angeles in 2009. Is this true and if so are there plans to put another ship in Port Canaveral? After cruising out of that port, just having Sovereign of the Seas out of that port would be a great loss for vacationers wanting the Orlando experience followed by a Royal Caribbean cruise. I have also thought that maybe Celebrity would put a Solstice class there. Port Everglades and Miami have more than enough to spare one ship to PC.

Keep up the great work.

Well now................"unfortunately I cannot comment" really sounds encouraging...........IMO!!! He didn't say YES and he certainly didn't say NO.:D

The Emails

Dear David,

Best regards,

Adam

And my original Email

Hello Adam

Keep up the great work.

Bite your tongue! :eek:

Bite your tongue! :eek:

LOL who do you want to byte his tongue? Adam Goldstein? The leaking employee that is in violation of RCI company policy? Or me who hates rumors and wants them stopped or confirmed? Please feel free to clarify this......:D

LOL who do you want to byte his tongue? Adam Goldstein? The leaking employee that is in violation of RCI company policy? Or me who hates rumors and wants them stopped or confirmed? Please feel free to clarify this......:D

It was the red part I highlighted in your original letter to them. Don't you dare suggest that they take any of our ships away from us. No, no never...we can never have enough ships to choose from in S. FL.

So, bite your tongue or you will have to have 20 lashings with a wet noodle...wet with salt sea water so it really stings. :D

Maybe they should just keep some extra Carnival ships up there at PC. :)

Gina

Gotta agree with you on this one...............rumors always cause panic and anxiety. When the rumor becomes false...........depression and bitterness sets in.

It was the red part I highlighted in your original letter to them. Don't you dare suggest that they take any of our ships away from us. No, no never...we can never have enough ships to choose from in S. FL.

So, bite your tongue or you will have to have 20 lashings with a wet noodle...wet with salt sea water so it really stings. :D

Gina

OK you two.........let's keep this friendly...........we might all sail together on the Mariner's repo cruise in 2009!!! How's that for positive thinking??;)

Adam

Then I think you have someone at RCI that is leaking information. There is a big thread on Cruise Critic on this. Perhaps you may want to announce something to stop the rumors.Here is a link to the thread on it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=564794

Thanks

David

Wonder if this thread will get pulled now that you emailed"Adam"--that cracks me up...you know him personally??? I have met him and he knows my name,but I would never call him Adam......

Gina

Bite your tongue!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

OK you two.........let's keep this friendly...........we might all sail together on the Mariner's repo cruise in 2009!!! How's that for positive thinking??;)

Hey, who's side are you on? :p

OK, ok, if I ever get to move to Central FL, I'll agree to stealing a S FL ship. But not until then. That isn't being too self centered, is it?

I won't use salt water on the noodle either. I was just kidding. :o

Gina

Imagine how long it would take for THOSE credits to show up(at least for us)??:confused:

Kathy I figure 90 days+90 days+90 days:)

Most cases mine do show up,but its when i go on the Sovereign,it takes forever,,,,,,,,(and of course,you're special!:) )

Guess you can add the Jewel to that list with the Sovereign.:)

Wonder if this thread will get pulled now that you emailed"Adam"--that cracks me up...you know him personally??? I have met him and he knows my name,but I would never call him Adam......

Bite your tongue!!

oopss. Sorry. I bit it! I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. And definitely not my friend. (I was just feeling my little ships were threatened and my mother instinct came out) ;)

Gina

oopss. Sorry. I bit it! I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. And definitely not my friend. (I was just feeling my little ships were threatened and my mother instinct came out)

Gina

You're forgiven..........

OHOH Jim............I just realized Im on the JEWEL in November,:eek: ,,,,,,,,,,,,I see trouble ahead........

You're forgiven..........

OHOH Jim............I just realized Im on the JEWEL in November,:eek: ,,,,,,,,,,,,I see trouble ahead........

Well I can tell you WHICH CABIN not to book............or it will be 90 days:)

You had a bad cabin??:confused:

Oh No.......cabin was great.........I just figure anyone who stays in that cabin won't get credited for 90 days:)

So REPO Patti.........where is the list?? We have a thread.........but where is the list:D

Yea,Listgirl is slacking......:p

I'm getting to it............give me a day.

I've put Dyson to work today since he got ticked at me yesterday because I kept telling him how wonderful Henry is.:D

Bite your tongue!!

If you know him long enough yes you would....... I know people higher in the food chain and they insist that I call them by their given name why would Adam Goldstein be any different than say Charlie Crist? Oh yes what exactly would you call him? Mr President? Mr. Goldstein? When you have been in powerful circles hearing Mr Mr Mr all of the time gets very old. Why don't you email him and ask?

Archived