Which Cabin On Mariner?

I have the choice between 1390 and 1392 on Mariner OTS. They are both aft cabins. Which one offers the better view? It looks like 1390 might have a bigger balcony as well. I have checked Voyager-Class.com, but am looking for first hand information and pictures if you have them! Thanks in advance!

My daughter and I were in cabin 1390 May 13 - 20. The room was wonderful! It seemed extra long and the balcony was TERRIFIC!!!! I'm not sure whether 1392 was to the right or the left of us, but felt our balcony was bigger than either side of us. The balcony was really nice because we had some cover, but not total cover. It easily held the two lounge chairs, two regular chairs and a small table. It was not crowded at all. The new bedding was very nice too. I'm sure you will enjoy whichever you choose, but we recommend 1390.

Happy sailing!

Cindy

I would take 1392 because I believe 1388 - the cabin next to 1390 - has a hinged door to the balcony instead of a sliding door. The hinged door is spring loaded and if you don't have thoughtful folks in that cabin - you'll be hearing that door slam closed at all hours.

This was the case during our Mariner cruise but we were on deck 9. It may be different on deck 10 and some of the aft faithful may chime in.

I would take 1392 because I believe 1388 - the cabin next to 1390 - has a hinged door to the balcony instead of a sliding door. The hinged door is spring loaded and if you don't have thoughtful folks in that cabin - you'll be hearing that door slam closed at all hours.

This was the case during our Mariner cruise but we were on deck 9. It may be different on deck 10 and some of the aft faithful may chime in.

Good point! Does anyone know if this is the case?

I do have a couple of pictures of the cabin and balcony, unfortunately I do not know how to post them here. If you have stayed in another D1 cabin on this or another RCCL ship I can tell you this cabin is very similar except it is approximately 2 feet longer. I am estimating the additional two feet after reviewing my pictures of D1 cabins we have been in on the Navigator and Brilliance of the Seas. In all 3 D1 cabins we had a full size sofa (not love seat). On the BOS and NOS we had two night stands...on the MOS we had four or five night stands. For us, the big difference in the additional length meant that we were able to move the coffee table over beside the desk unit without blocking the pathway at the foot of the beds to balcony. Moving the coffee table opened up the space between the desk and the sofa which makes it easier to move about while dressing for dinner. Of course, everything I just stated may be true about 1392 as well.

I don't know whether our neighbors had a sliding or hinged door. We never heard it opening or closing. In fact the only time on any ship I can remember being disturbed by a neighbor's door was a sliding door on a regular D1 starboard balcony on Navigator of the Seas. Although it could be we were just more tuned in....the guy next door would stick his head around the partition and want to talk to us whenever we were on our balconys at the same time, so we tried to avoid being out when he was.:eek:

I believe you will be so happy with this ship and whichever cabin you choose that you will have no regrets.

Cindy

This is the third time I have tried to post this comment:o The other two times it disappeared while I was writing. I apologize if it prints 3 times.

When were in St Thomas we were docked back to back with the Explorer of the Seas. I took a picture of the back of the EOS assuming it was a mirror image of the Mariner since they are sister ships. I just looked at that picture and the balcony of 1390 is definately wider that the balcony of 1392. I am guessing that would be true for the cabin as well. I can't tell you how much wider, but it is enough that it shows in the picture.

Good Luck with your decision. Just thought I would throw in another 2 cents.:)

Cindy

This is the third time I have tried to post this comment:o The other two times it disappeared while I was writing. I apologize if it prints 3 times.

When were in St Thomas we were docked back to back with the Explorer of the Seas. I took a picture of the back of the EOS assuming it was a mirror image of the Mariner since they are sister ships. I just looked at that picture and the balcony of 1390 is definately wider that the balcony of 1392. I am guessing that would be true for the cabin as well. I can't tell you how much wider, but it is enough that it shows in the picture.

Good Luck with your decision. Just thought I would throw in another 2 cents.:)

Cindy

Thanks for the info! I am going to try to book 1390 when I call my TA on Monday. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

I believe you will be so happy with this ship and whichever cabin you choose that you will have no regrets.

Ditto what the previous poster said! I'm going on the Mariner for the 2nd time in an INSIDE cabin! :eek:

Hopefully these will give you some idea. I also want to explain that my sister was suppose to go on this trip with us and was not able to go at the last minute due to illness. So we brought a picture of her with us so that she would be in the cruise pictures even though she was unable to go.IMGP0513.jpg.54065c71f3b69c74a748ab244ef0bc7b.jpg

IMGP0477.jpg.e4cba3c4404a5e0b700f1927b67574ee.jpg

IMGP0474.jpg.1316797ec3a6579333d2273c109b124e.jpg

Hopefully these will give you some idea. I also want to explain that my sister was suppose to go on this trip with us and was not able to go at the last minute due to illness. So we brought a picture of her with us so that she would be in the cruise pictures even though she was unable to go.[ATTACH]47333[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]47334[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]47335[/ATTACH]

PlanningNextCruise,

Those were great pics! Thanks for sending them. I just contacted RCI to see if I could get a hold on that cabin, but they couldn't help me out. Looks like I have to wait until tomorrow morning now! Ugh...I love the size of that cabin! I will let you know how it turns out.

far733

Please post Monday to let us know how it all worked out. I have my fingers crossed.

Cindy

I called my TA today and I am good to go for cabin 1390 on Mariner OTS on 01/27/08! My parents are booked in 1690 for the same sailing! We can't wait!

I am so happy for you! I know you will love the cabins and the ship! I am hoping to get my husband on the Mariner in October or February. We were on the Brilliance last February and it was wonderful, but the Voyager class ships are my favorite and he hasn't gotten a chance to experience them yet. No chance of getting an aft cabin at this point, but I believe he will fall in love with the ship any way.

Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

Cindy

Archived