Silver Moon Catamaran - Great !!!!!

love2cruise4ever

I did this tour last week with my family while in Barbados. It was the highlight of our cruise. The boat is brand new, and they keep it extremely clean. You are asked to take out your shoes to enter the boat. The boat has four staterooms and believes it or not four bathrooms (although they only use two of then one for the ladies and one for the gent). There are three people on the crew. They are all very friendly and service is incredible. There is a cabin that has a small kitchen where they prepare the lunch and drinks, a table inside that cabin that fit about six people and plenty of space to lay down your stuff while in the boat. Then there is another table outside in the back by the pilot seat that is also covered from the sun but outside of the main cabin and that probably seats another six people. There is plenty of space in the front, where you can lay down and get wet every time the boat hit a wave. It was a lot of fun. You start the tour by a small ride in a comfortable van from the cruise to the marina where the boat is, then you get in the catamaran, lay down your stuff inside, once everyone is on board (they only take 12 people in total) they go thru a very brief safety talk and off you go sailing, the boat sail for about one hour always close by the coast. You can see the different beaches and buildings along the coast. After about one hour, you get to the first stop (snorkeling with the turtles), The crew will fit you with the snorkeling equipment ( I brought my own but end up using their equipment as they were extremely new, and very clean) and the capitan will get in the water with the group and make sure everyone is safe and get a good look at the turtles. There were several other catamarans in the area, all of then with what looked to me way more people that they could hold. The fact that the Silver Moon only take 12 people is the best part of the tour. It is an extremely good ratio of service 12 passengers and three crew members. After about 15 to 20 minutes ( it was brief but so great) we were asked back in the boat. At this point we were served lunch (chicken, fish, garlic bread, rice, vegetable and salad) and all the drinks we would need. There is fresh water in the backt of the boat so that when you get out of the ocean you can rinse the salt water out. I enjoy seating in the back of the boat, with my legs in the water, having this wonderful lunch and drinking their run punch (life of the Rich and Famous come to mind). After lunch, several of us jumped in the water to refresh and then got back in the boat quickly to sail to our next destination. Another 45 minutes sailing and we got to another place where there was a sunken ship wreck. This was considerably more shallow water (about 8ft compared to the almost 40 feet on the turtle site) therefore we were able to see many more colorful fish and marine life. Another great snorkeling experience (once again brief, just about 15 minutes but great), back in the boat one more time and at this moment they started doing frozen drinks (all is including in the same price), We were sailing again until we got back to the marina were five hours earlier we have started our wonderful trip.

I will recommend this to anyone, My group of 10 had two small kids, two teenagers, two seniors who did not swim and four adults, two of which when snorkeling for the first time so we had a very mix group, yet all of us had a wonderful time. I would fligh back to Barbados just to do this again. This tour is more expensive than other similar tours offered by other companies but the small amount extra per person is money extremely well spent. All of other boats we saw had way too many people on board and what is more important way too many people in the water when snorkeling to make it a safe operation on my view, In the Silver moon, you always had someone from the crew in the water with you and they were always counting people in our group just to make sure we had everyone.

I thank this board for this great tip about the Silver Moon. ;)

Some of us coming to Barbados in January on the Dawn Princess are looking at this trip. Their tour times are 11:00-4:00. As we sail at 5:00, is there time to get back onboard the ship without rushing? Did they pick up and drop off at the cruise pier?

Susie

they will pick you up at the pier. You get out of the shopping area that is at the pier by the taxi stand and look for the person that work for Ocean Adventure, they will get one of their busses to take you to where the Catamaran is, which is a small marina that is about 5 minutes for the pier. Once you get back to the marina at the end of the tour, the same bus will take you back to the pier and it is so close that you will be back in the there in not time. I never felt that I was running late and/or that I would miss the boat

price is $90.00 pp adults and $60 per kids up to 12. The food is great, they give you all the drinks you want and the boat is to die for. I am daydreaming about it every day. I think the best part is that they only take 12 people. All the others take too many people for my comfort. I hate to sound like I am doing a commercial for then but before I went on my trip I read this board up and down looking for tips and this was one of the tips I found here so now that i am back I want to return the favor to the board by posting my impresions on this. :)

Silver Moon has agreed to change the times from 10:30 to 3:30 on Jan. 24th only to accomodate 4 of us from the Dawn Princess. If you are on our ship or any other, join us. Contact Silver Moon directly or you can e-mail me;

susiesan@planetkc.com

So far, there are 4 of us reserved. I can't wait-it sounds like luxury pampering!

Guest tealady

Did you have to pay in advance when you booked? What happens if your ship misses the port due to bad weather or is late coming in to port? It sounds like a great trip.

We will be on the Volendam and in Barbados in November and have been looking for something just like this.

Silver Moon e-mailed a booking form for a 50% payment to make the reservation. It goes on a credit card and is faxed back for security. I would imagine if the ship doesn't get to Barbados (unlikely) they would credit it back. You could always dispute the charge with the credit card company. You don't have to pay for something you didn't get.

Susie

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I did the Silver Moon this past May and it was incredible. The catamaran is beautiful, brand new and immaculately clean. The staff was wonderful. Food was fantastic. Nick, the owner, even drove us back to the ship personally because we were the only cruise ship passengers that day. The crew are all native to Barbados and it was interesting just talking to them about their island. We saw the other catamarans (ship excursions) and they were huge, packed with people and from what we heard, not a great time. So, to anyone and everyone we 100% totally recommend the Silver Moon. It is a MUST in Barbados.

Jeff and Sharon

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Y'all! We're thinking about doing the Silver Moon catamaran.......looks great! I'm just wondering, we have one person in our group who's not much of a swimmer at all.......how easy is it to get in and out of the boat? Some catamarans have ladders that drop down lower and are easier to get up; wheras some you have to pull yourself up more, etc. Just wanting to make sure this boat is "Mom proof" for my Mom. haha Thanks for this and any other info.

We're leaning towards this or Cool Runnings.

Thanks!! :) Melissa

Thanks, Jeff :)

I faxed over my confirmation/booking request info today. Thanks to everyone for the great tip on the Silver Moon!!! I'm sure it'll be a highlight of our trip! There's lots of great options in Barbados, but what sold me is the personal service and small numbers on the catamaran ( only 12!!!), so it'll almost be like having the boat to ourselves. Sounds like heaven! :) Melissa

• 2 weeks later...

We went on the Silver Moon on October 5th. This was by far the best excursion we went on during our cruise. The minute we stepped onto the boat, they starting serving us. There were only 8 of us on the excursion that day. The snorkling was great. We got to see lots of turtles on our first stop and some tarpon too. One of our guides (Jason) got in the water with us and fed the turtles while we took pictures. He would feed them toward our cameras so we could get up close pictures of the turtles. Our second snorkling stop was at a reef and ship wreck. This was also good snorkling. We did have better snorkling in St. Thomas, but you can not beat the service on this excursion. The cat. was very nice and spacious. They have the best rum punch I tasted on my entire cruise. The lunch was chicken, mac. and cheese, rice and a salad. It was a very good lunch. They served rum cake too, that was awesome. We were not able to sail because there was no wind, but that didn't matter. It was a very relaxing and enjoyable day.

If anyone has any questions I would be happy to answer them.

I have this excursion booked for November for our day in Barbados. Was there anytime before to see any of the island. I was told we would leave at 11:00 a.m. and back right at cruise time.

I really want to see the church and Mount Gay Rum, also.

Great to read this excursion was wonderful.....Thanks for your insight

I have this excursion booked for November for our day in Barbados. Was there anytime before to see any of the island. I was told we would leave at 11:00 a.m. and back right at cruise time.

I really want to see the church and Mount Gay Rum, also.

Great to read this excursion was wonderful.....Thanks for your insight

I don't know how far the church and Mount Gay Rum is from the pier. We actually got off the Golden too soon. This was our first cruise and first port so we didn't know what to expect. We got off the Golden and had too much time to kill so we got back on. We had to meet a Silver Moon rep. at 10:30. We were docked around 7am. So that would give you 3 1/2 hrs to do something before Silver Moon. I don't think you would have time afterwards.

We are booking the Silver Moon Lunch Cruise on December 1. Do I need to be concerned about getting back to our ship on time? We're on the Summit and it sails at 5:00pm, so I'm assuming the all aboard is at 4:30pm.

Thanks for any info.

Barb

They will make sure you are back at the ship. When my wife and I went in May, Nick Parker (Silver Moon owner and captain) personally drove us back to the ship in his pickup truck. Now if thats not great service, I dont know what is!

Have a great time. You are going to love the Silver Moon!

Archived