Silver Moon Catamaran - Great !!!!!

love2cruise4ever

We were on the Silver Moon just last Tuesday and LOVED it--it was the best excursion of our entire cruise. There were just 8 of us (hi Christine, Mark, Jim and Michelle) and we were totally spoiled. The boat is new, clean, good sized and very posh. Their lunch was great--who would of thought we'd be eating Shepard's pie in the Carribean?? And I can't say enough about their rum punch--not the typical sweet stuff. These were individually made with ground nutmeg, yum! I wanted to thank everyone who recommended this trip--it really was all you said and more. And to everyone going to Barbados in the near future--I'm jealous!

Rosemary

I have emailed Emma (from the Silver Moon website) and she told me she would do it, but I've not heard back from her and I hate to bug her. When we took this excursion, the crew (Gabby) served us the most delicious pina colada I have ever had in my life. I generally don't care much for them, but this drink was awesome. It was pure white - looked very different. Gabby said that they had perfected the recipe over many years, and I meant to ask her for it, and forgot. If you could remember, would you mind asking Gabby for the recipe for her wonderful pina colada? And if you do, post it back here? I'd love to make one here at home....and while sipping it I could dream that I was back on the cat. :-)

Everything that mamoni said !! as we got to meet onboard the Silver Moon and realized we were all cruise critic posters :) The cat and service was excellent and the new friends we meet on board was the icing on the cake! We had such a great time...especially watching the "refuge boats" go by us :eek:.If you don't like big crowds and want personalized service the Silver Moon can't be beat.

Jim and Michelle

For Love2cruise4ever; Thank you so much for sharing your Silver Moon experience... My wife and I have been to Barbados several times and love the island.... However, we were looking for something other than the normal hum-drum stuff like the caves, the distillary, gardens, shopping or a day at a resort or beach... This is gonna fill that yearning for something "different"... And, judging from the replies from others who have tried it, it certainly sounds like a truly 1st class operation with lots of personal pampering... We will be arriving on Sunday, Nov 28 aboard the Dawn Princess and are presently in the process of making a booking with Silver Moon charters for a party of 6... We are also going to try and change the time to 10:30 - 3:30 PM... Thanks again for the "scoop".... Ed & Nancy in Pa..

Besides the inside (where you surely don't want to spend the whole day!) the entire back is covered. Seats run along the back, and with the table to sit at, it is very comfortable. Most of the folks on our trip laid out on the front - to get sun - but both my sun and I were needing a little shade since we spent the previous day on the beach in St. Lucia. It was perfect for us. You will love it!

Thanks everyone for the great info!

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Siver Moon & Silver Moon 2? Emma sent us pricing for a 5 hour tour on the Silver Moon 2 from 10 am - 3 pm. Our family thought this would be a unique way to spend our Christmas Eve day together, but alas one last question...

My grandmother's gift to our entire family is our Christmas cruise on the Zaandam :D . We would not want to leave her out of this special day. At 90+ years, she walks real well at her own pace (believe me she does just fine at the shopping mall :) .) Are there any huge obstacles to getting her onto the catamaran? She would so enjoy that sailboat boat ride, lunch with the rest of our family and watching the kids snorkeling (and sharing their excitement!)

TIA, for any insight.

• 3 weeks later...

Arubalisa -- your grandmother should be able to walk right onto the catamaran just fine. They do require that you remove your shoes first, but Jason and Ben (two fine young gentlemen) help each person onto the cat. We had an elderly couple on our sail and they had a wonderful time. There is plenty of shade. It is also pretty easy to get into and out of the water, if she would like to swim.

We were on the Silver Moon, so I'm not sure about the SM II. I read on another board that it was a similar boat (may be 1-2 ft shorter). Ask Emma what the differences are.

You will not regret this decision if you take your family on the Silver Moon. Swimming with the turtles is a memory I will not soon forget! The crew is so nice, and helpful also. Seeing Barbados from the water is so beautiful. The beaches, hotels, hillside.

We even had two locals on our trip! I think that speaks pretty highly of the Silver Moon. They always say the best places to eat is where the locals frequent!

This is exactly what my DH and I were looking for! Thanks for all reviews. We were looking at a similar excursion offered by the cruise line, but like all of you, this seems better suited. Just submitted a request for booking. Hope they aren't completely booked for March 26! Will just have to wait for the reply. Now on to the next port.... :D

Hi

The pina colada recipe is one part coconut cream, 2 1/2 - 3 parts pineapple juice, a touch of simple syrup (add more or less depending on how sweet you like it) a shot of white rum or vodka, add plenty ice and blend to get that thick icy texture! They said that the above measurements were pretty much what they stick to but they don't use a measruing cup so it may vary slightly.

Happy sipping!

Just got back from our cruise and we stopped in Barbados and did the Silver Moon. As people have said on the boards it was terrific. We could not fault this, Nick and his Crew, Trish and Adrian were always asking if everything was OK. Drink flowed throughout. We had booked 7, 5 of us entered the water each time and 2 did not. They said that even not entering the water was still a great time.

If we visit Barbados again we shall certainly do this again.

REL

happysinglemom-

somewhere else on this board is the recipe you are looking for. I remember reading it sometime in the last month or so, but now can't seem to find it.

It was stated in a different way- like 1 part bitter, 2 parts sweet. . .

Agh- kills me when I can't find something I know is there. :(

I am mainly on this thread or the Destiny thread on Carnival forum.

I'll keep searching!

OK- found what I knew I had read. Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but here it is. I don't know how to put in a link, so I am just copying and pasting from a thread on this forum.

This post was also by littleoceangirl:

Silver Moon Rum Punch

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamoni

Ange647--can you do me a favor when you are on board and get the receipe for the Rum Punches? I know it has Rum, bitters, OJ, Pineapple juice and lime juice with a spinkle of nutmeg....I just don't know how much of each they add. I'd really, really appreciate it....thanks!!!!

One Sour, two sweet, three strong, four weak! That's how they measure, one part sour (lime juice), two part sweet (sugar/simple syrup), three part strong (RUM!) and four part weak (juices), a few dashes of bitters and sprinkle nutmeg on top. You can adjust the amounts to suite you but that is the general recipe.

Enjoy!

Thanks so much for looking - but that would not be the recipe. This was their pina colada - a very special recipe that they have "fine-tuned" over the last couple of years. If you have not had one, then you would not understand the difference. The pina colada is a frozen drink - but this one was pure snow white - unlike any I 've had had. And it was SOOOOOO good. I guess I'll just have to go back for another Southern Caribbean cruise!!!!:p

Archived