A day in Oahu

rollnoles2

I checked out the must do list for each island in Hawaii. I wish I had time to do them all! However, we only have one full day in Oahu. What should we do? I wanted to hike Diamond Head and maybe then snorkel at Hanauma Bay. But we also wanted to hit the North Shore. Is it possible to do all that? (We plan to visit Pearl Harbor on Saturday before boarding the PoAm). Thanks for all your good advice!

We arrive Thursday night so have a full day in Oahu. Do you think it would be better to do Pearl Harbor Friday and then drive up to the North Shore, leaving Diamond Head and Hanauma Bay on Saturday before boarding the PoAm?

Hanauma Bay could get pretty crowded on a Saturday morning. Just a suggestion, you might try stopping there after the North Shore. It's probably about a 2 hour drive to Hanuma from the North Shore, maybe a bit less. Usually by 2-3 pm, you can get into the parking lot at Hanauma. Dont forget, you want to get to PH as early as possible. Doing it that way all you would have before boarding is the Diamond Head Hike with plenty of time to recuperate.

I agree, Hanauma Bay gets VERY crowded, especially on weekends. Friday would be a better day. In my opinion, doing Hanauma Bay, North Shore, and Pearl Harbor all in one day is a bit much. FYI, Diamond Head hike, if you are reasonably fit, is not a difficult hike and quite short.

Aloha

Archived