Silliest cruise question ever asked...

curiousl8y

Keep them coming. I so enjoyed reading everyone of them. Perked up a rather gloomy day. I sometimes was laughing too hard to even read them to my husband. Doesn't take much to entertain me.:D

As a past TA my top two favorites cruise questions were:

How much is a South American cruise, say from here in Columbus(Ohio) to Miami?

And a similar one to the window under water question was "Will I be able to see fish swimming by my window." The only reply I could think of was "hopefully not"

Other good ones were "How much extra to pick up the rental car on Oahu and drop it on Maui?" Probably the cost of the car.

And how long is the drive from LA to Honolulu? Couldn't even come up with a snappy reply to that one.

Did you add, "Here's your sign." :D

(For those who don't understand the reference: http://www.snopes.com/humor/jokes/heresign.asp)

Just think how cool it would be to have a window below sea level.

Ya, and then maybe you might get to see one of them there chicken of the seas swim by!!!:D

You MIGHT even see the fishing lines from the kitchen staff trying to catch that night's "catch of the day!"

An other one I love, but it wasn't about a cruise: when my daughter was a res agent for a major airline a lady once asked her, how much would it cost for a ticket from here to Las Vegas? My daughter asked her where she was and her answer: in my kitchen. NMNita

Just think how cool it would be to have a window below sea level.:D

I'm sure there would be a premium added to those rooms, because after all it would be a built in "excursion"! :D :p

When my mother and I found out we were going to be in a balcony room for our Liberty of the Seas sailing, my mother (who had previously cruised on Freedom of the Seas) asked, "Is that an inside cabin?" Ummmm... :rolleyes: :D

Okay, I'll admit to asking the second silliest question. And I asked it on a major cruise message board (not CC, but now you know :) !).

After our first cruise on Princess, when I washed clothes in the laundromat I was disappointed that the "cold" water wasn't cold, but lukewarm. Someone very nicely explained to me that the water was not going through the earth, but through the ship's pipes. Duh :rolleyes: !

Okay, I'll admit to asking the second silliest question. And I asked it on a major cruise message board (not CC, but now you know :) !).

After our first cruise on Princess, when I washed clothes in the laundromat I was disappointed that the "cold" water wasn't cold, but lukewarm. Someone very nicely explained to me that the water was not going through the earth, but through the ship's pipes. Duh :rolleyes: !

On our second cruise we were approached by a person that we had travelled with to the ship, and he seemed a little 'out of it'. He said that he had been running his cold water for half an hour, but it was still warm!

The story that I liked however, was told to us by our tour guide from Costa Rica. Being very warm there, most houses do not need a hot water furnace, however he went on vacation to Toronto one winter. His hostess explained to him how to use the shower, but he said 'I only use cold water'. Here he laughed as he said, 'It nearly killed me' :D

john

Does this elevator go to the front of the ship?:cool:

Then there was the lady that booked an ocean view and when they got on board complained that all she could see was the parking lot.:eek:

I had a friend who formerly was a travel agent. A lady in Portland Oregon called him one day and said she wanted to go to Hawaii. He told her the best way was to fly to San Francisco and take a direct flight. She said, "No, I want to take the train to Hawaii. I did that a few years ago and I want to go again." He explained why that was not possible but the lady insisted and finally accused him of not wanting her to go. He told her, "Lady, if you can find a train that goes from Portland to Hawii, I'll pay your way." Of course he never heard from her again!

This isn't a cruise one, but I work in a copy shop and I have had people ask me if we can make copies. I haven't been able to come with a good reply to that question. These are so funny, please keep them comming.

NavySis

This isn't a cruise one, but I work in a copy shop and I have had people ask me if we can make copies. I haven't been able to come with a good reply to that question. These are so funny, please keep them comming.

NavySis

Tell them that you don't make copies, but rather you clone the documents instead. Then tell them that they wont even be able to tell the difference.:D

Or tell them that a team of college art students will duplicate the documents by hand. . . and that they wont be able to tell the difference.:D

You could even quote a different price for each!!!

Just think how cool it would be to have a window below sea level.

This made me come up with my own stupid question. What about a cafe or observation room below sea level? It would be a great way to threaten the misbehaving cruisers!

Karysa

My parents just told me a funny one their friend said. They love cruising and were talking to their friend about the great trips they have taken. He said he would love to go through the Panama Canal but couldn't possibly go on a cruise because he doesn't know how to swim! :eek:

My parents just told me a funny one their friend said. They love cruising and were talking to their friend about the great trips they have taken. He said he would love to go through the Panama Canal but couldn't possibly go on a cruise because he doesn't know how to swim! :eek:

What's he like in an airplane?:D

john

These are a hoot. I was telling my TA (who is also a customer where I work) of some of these and had him in stitches. I printed them off for him, he said he was going to put some of them up at the office!

Not really cruise realated but funny: A friend of mine was a retired Navy chief, and told me one about seeing a fella fishing off the fantail one day, and asked him what he was fishing for.

"Baccaruda"

"You mean barracuda?"

"I can's say baccaruda!"

Fella probably orders busgetti and meatballs at an Italian restaurant.

Fair winds,

JHC

my brother and i were in our ocean-view cabin watching Cast Away and they had a sound effect of a emergency vehicle siren...

i stopped myself, but i ALMOST asked my brother, "Is that siren in the movie or outside?"

Reminds me of last year while I was sitting in the living room watching the poseiden adventure and at the ballroom part where things start falling and you hear the roar of water. Cat looked at me I looked at her and thought "geez this TV has great sound affects". Took me about 30 seconds to realize it was the sound affect of the hot water line in the bathroom spilling out all over the place LOL

Archived