Waterproof Case

Good afternoon everyone! I'll be cruising the Valor to the Western Caribbean in September. Since there will be quite a few water excursions, I was looking for some recommendations on the type of water proof case anyone has used.. just something small and reasonably priced to carry S&S card, ID, some money etc. If anyone has a site to suggest, it would be appreciated.

Carnival also has them in their gift shops. It's been a couple of years since I bought mine so I don't remember how much they cost...but it must not have been much because I bought two.

I found some very nice oneson eBay but my history doesn't go back far enough to see what seller but it was a store so you should be able to find them. The came in several color choices, had a very good seal and were just the right size for S&S , CC and money.

Be leery of the so called 'beach safe' or wallet - esp those sold on board - my dh bought on on the Victory - first water stop in St. Thomas - and it fell apart in the water! Lost cash in the ocean (no big deal I had some with me) but it was the credit card we were upset about - had help from another family and luckily we found it. His S&S card was zipped into his plastic swimsuit pocket so he still had that!

You might want to spend a bit more and go for something 'sturdier' and less likely to break: http://www.optimalcaseandlights.com/store/Micro%20Cases.htm (my dh now uses a pelican case which he LOVES!)

Good luck.

Froufie

Be leery of the so called 'beach safe' or wallet - esp those sold on board - my dh bought on on the Victory - first water stop in St. Thomas - and it fell apart in the water! Lost cash in the ocean (no big deal I had some with me) but it was the credit card we were upset about - had help from another family and luckily we found it. His S&S card was zipped into his plastic swimsuit pocket so he still had that!

You might want to spend a bit more and go for something 'sturdier' and less likely to break: http://www.optimalcaseandlights.com/store/Micro%20Cases.htm (my dh now uses a pelican case which he LOVES!)

Good luck.

Froufie

I checked out the site you listed and they look really great. I had a couple of questions though. Are they see-through? If they are that might make me nervous if everyone can see what is in it. Is there a way to hang them around your neck or are they simply around your wrist? Thanks.

I have to find out the name of the brand we have... it was one that was recommended on this site... it didn't work.

It was clear in the front, solid on the back, and it had ties so you could tie it to your bathing suit or wrist. Everything we had in it got soaked.

Once I find out the name I'll post it.

Hi!!!

that was my question last month! I found a couple of them at http://www.amazon.com . They were about $6.00, but shipping & handling was about $ 5.00 more $$$, so I figure I wouldn't do it... and I'm glad I didn't buy it! I took the same itinerary, western cari, also on the Valor, and found the water proof cases at the shops. Mine was $5.75 or so, no more than $6, with the Carnival logo. They also have a more expensive type, which looks more professional, but who cares! the cheaper ones are not as pretty, but they have the same function, work great and anyways, we're only snorkling, right?

Are they see-through? If they are that might make me nervous if everyone can see what is in it. Is there a way to hang them around your neck or are they simply around your wrist? Thanks.

No not all see through - my dh's is solid yellow back and front - and we simply attached another rope/lanyard to it so it can hang around his neck in the water!

Froufie

I like the watreproof case I got from http://www.aquapac.net/ . This is the one we purchased http://www.aquapac.net/usstore/erol.html#600X1146

It works well and it has a cord that I can easily attach to my swimsuit. I found swimsuits(for men) at Old Navy that actually have a small elastic loop inside the pocket that you can knot the cord through. It can hold all of the items that you listed plus some. I had my wallet, S&s card, and still had plenty of room for other stuff. Everything stayed dry. Whatever one you get I would recommend testing it out in a pool before your cruise first if you have the opportunity to do so.

Thanks for everyone's replies. I went ahead and ordered one from National Leash. It was cheap at under $10 including shipping. I figured I'm not out a lot if it doesnt work well.

Well you still have plenty of time before your cruise to test it out. I hope it works for you.

I have to find out the name of the brand we have... it was one that was recommended on this site... it didn't work.

It was clear in the front, solid on the back, and it had ties so you could tie it to your bathing suit or wrist. Everything we had in it got soaked.

Once I find out the name I'll post it.

I love you myspace. the music is perfect. Let me know when you find the brand name of your water proof container. Do you remember where you got it? I found one at Wal Mart (totally clear) but looks sturdy. Thanks

Linda

Archived