Worst dressed person?

babylene

[B]Of all the cruises I've been on, only one person stands out as being totally inappropriately dressed. It was on Formal night on Century a few years back. A lady had on a very low cut tank top, extremely short and tight blue jean skirt and white stockings with flames down the sides! Oh yeah, she had on a cowboy hat and high heeled cowboy boots. She strolled right in and no one said a word to her. Quite a few people's jaws dropped open though![/B]

[B]Terri[/B]

[quote name='beauxdammit']Most jarring for me was the young man who wore some sort of "rasta" hat, (brightly colored, loose knit, sort of like a tam), a different one each night to dinner. That's right, he did not take it off while eating. A tablemate, someone I knew, said his table manners were no better.[/quote]

Are you sure that this wasn't a religious thing? An actual rastafarian has religious imperatives. I don't know much specific about it, but wearing that hat may be akin to a jewish person wearing a yarmulke...

[quote name='Blazerboy']
British Betty, you can wear your crocs with me anytime.....do they come in a formal version in a low heel with sparkly keepers?:D

...thank you Blazerboy...I admit, they are not the most glamorous items of footwear, but so far, I admit they ARE the most comfortable things to wear if there is lots of walking to do and you just want to be casual. Wouldn't consider them on formal night, have to squeeze the tootsies into grown up shoes for that!!!! ;)

Perhaps we should all look in the mirror before responding to this question.

I agree! Is the Millie just for snobs? Wear what you can afford unless you are a relative to Bill Gates...most of us use common sense! Cruising should be fun and not a fashion show. Geez. :rolleyes:

Gee, then, if I could only afford those ripped, stained designer jeans that Hollywood favors, then could I justify wearing them to formal night because they cost more than my tuxedo?:D

Point........................................................................missed......:rolleyes:

Oh, I know that people who wear them will gleefully explain that they're insanely comfortable and not unlike puppies for your feet, but to to my eyes these people still look like this:

clownshoessp3.jpg

They're even worse than wearing socks with sandals. Ugh.

Apparently you are unfamiliar with the ballet, wedge, strappy sandal, and thong sandal styles that are Crocs.

Apparently you are unfamiliar with the ballet, wedge, strappy sandal, and thong sandal styles that are Crocs.

You're quite correct. Who knew they had launched so many different styles?

I take it back; you only look like a complete tool if you're wearing the original Croc "Beach" in public. Well, maybe that one and five or six of their other styles. Thanks for pointing this out. :D

Perhaps we should all look in the mirror before responding to this question.

I have felt worse dressed myself as I tend to retain fluids and by the end of the week everything I have on is ill fitting. I now carry things in larger sizes for later in the cruise.

thankfully after I have been home 3 or 4 days all this water weight comes off.

You're quite correct. Who knew they had launched so many different styles?

I take it back; you only look like a complete tool if you're wearing the original Croc "Beach" in public. Well, maybe that one and five or six of their other styles. Thanks for pointing this out. :D

ok, this obviously has to be a personal thing because I'd much rather see someone in Crocs "Beach", than someone wearing sandals with horrible toes, feet, toenails, bunions, corns, callouses etc etc...yes..ok...i have a thing about feet!! yuk:eek:

Okay I finally broke down and looked at this thread and believe it or not read through all of it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY!

Especailly the PIG:D :D

I am amazed how people can remember someone's dress from 10 years ago....

I have certainly seen many with questionable taste, but I live in So.CA so I see questionable taste all the time, especially at my kids HS.

I really would like to say for all you that dress tastefully I appreciate looking at you...for those that don't, I don't even give you a second glance....

Enjoy

On a cruise on X years ago, we had a genuine Westerner. He always dressed very nicely but it was the black "cowboy" jean with beautiful cowboy boots, a starched blindingly white shirt, with bolaro style tie and a leather vest. Formal night it was similar but with a gorgeous longer black jacket and the string tie had a stunning fossil stone. Technically, he was not dressed to the dress codes, but he looked better than at least 50% of the other cruisers (particularly the guy who wore a 80's style tux with a lavendar ruffle, cumberbun and clip-on bow tie -- none of which really fit him which is how I knew it was clip-on!)

Ten years ago? I remember 35 years ago!!!!:D Mom walked into the ship's diningroom from one side wearing her new knit three peice summer set (skirt, top and jacket, white, trimmed in light blue and yellow...hey, it was the early '70's:p ) and the other woman at our table, Marina, walked in from the other side, WEARING THE SAME OUTFIT, but with slacks)

My brother and I saw this and GASPED in unison...:eek: Turns out they'd met in the bar before lunch already, had a good laugh, did a little duet of a dance in front of their friends, and got over it. That memory is seared in my consciousness....(and might have saved a lot of explanation 10 years later to my mom, had she thought about my brother's and my reaction long enough;) )

To some fashion is vacuous, to some it's a hobby, to me, it's life blood!:)

Andrew

Huh? Perhaps these women wish to have the same tan lines with whatever they are wearing? I bring two Speedo swim trunks which cover the same areas, though I don't necessarily have to. I could have worn just one swim trunk, and reduced my airline baggage weight by a few ounces. I've seen other passengers wear the same swim clothes day after day for 11 days, and it doesn't bother me. Why should it? They probably swim in these on a more or less daily basis (like I do), so these are kept clean. Or they wash them in their cabins and have them clean for the next day.

Please tell us why it would bother you.:confused:

Donald.

I agree Donald. besides I always wash out my swimsuit after every wear to get out the clorine. I figure that is what that shampoo is REALLY for since we all bring our own from home!

I am guessing most swimsuits worn by passengers don't get 'washed' unless the wearer is in the pool :eek:

Swimsuits will not last if you do not wash the clorine out. I wash mine. you just have a vivid imagination. I agree with Donald.

Really??

We always wash ours after use and hang to dry. I would assume most people do. Even though I bring a couple of swimsuits, I don't have a different one for everyday, and I never thought people would think I am wearing the same dirty swimsuits.

You learn something new everyday.

I think we are in the majority huh? finelycruising is probally the same person who turns up their noise when I do not use the hand sanitizer in the buffet line although I have washed my hands in HOT water using that 40 second rule before coming in there.

Archived