Princess secrets...

lysolqn

• 2 weeks later...
But if your kids like to drink smoothies, they sell the ultimate kids package for $9 per day that includes all the soda, smoothies, virgin pina coladas/daquiries, and ice cream. Worth it especially if your kids like to order the mocktails in the dining room which would be over $5 for one if you didn't have the card.

I'm too old to be a kid, can I still buy the card? I love frozen drinks w/o alcohol!

TWC

On Oct. 1, we will be taking the kids on their first ever cruise. We have sailed Princess before, but this will be our first time on the Golden Princess, and would like any tips specific to that ship. Does anyone know of any "secret doors" on her? The kids would have a blast with these. The tips in this thread have been great, and I hope there will be more of them.

Don't know how old your kids are, but if they're young, there are big wheels for tots to use in the area near the toddler pool (there are stairs leading up to that area right near the kids club). We didn't find them until mid-way through our last cruise.

Best,

Mia

Would it be best to wait and purchase specific drinks in San Juan to bring onboard as opposed to trying to fly in with the items?

Hi, FYI after checking in at San Juan Cruise Terminal there are Duty Free Shops you can purchase mostly liquor not much wine or beer. No problem getting on the ship with what we purchase.

Ok -

Don't forget about your bowel of fresh fruit that you can order for N/C in your cabin.

The International Cafe is only on the Crown and the Emerald - I think they will have one on the Ruby.

The three stripes on an officer stand for, "my wife, my mistress and my girlfriend." LOL!

The Staff Captain is second in command.

There are those who take pictures of their pictures in the photo gallery - TACKY!!!!

The crew actually live on the ship (they do not get transported on and off during the night) I worked on ships and believe it or not people asked.

The bridge has a direct line of site of the balconies. (They watch them with binoculars to watch for fires, see if anyone is feeding the wildlife (Alaska), etc. So, no hanky panky!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I had to bring this thread back up to the top, its amazing!!!

Also, I am a big coffee fan and am not looking forward to syrup coffee. Ill be on the Sapphire in a couple weeks and know there is no International Cafe. I was planning on getting the coffee card, but where would I go to get the good stuff?

Thanks!

Isn't this the reason that cruise lines have tightened the rules regarding bringing liquor on board? I think it's quite tacky to bring drinks from your cabin to the public areas-especially the dining room and lounges.

I don't think you could even know the difference as to who is drinking ship wine or who ordered wine glasses from room service and served their own. We often times have a glass of wine before dinner and take a glass with us from our room. The glasses are all the same so how would you know and why would you care? Just wondering....

I don't think you could even know the difference as to who is drinking ship wine or who ordered wine glasses from room service and served their own. We often times have a glass of wine before dinner and take a glass with us from our room. The glasses are all the same so how would you know and why would you care? Just wondering....
I agree, plenty of times we order wine in the bar & take it into the dining room. Really who cares.

On most Princess ships, there's an Ice Cream Parlor for anytime ice cream. In the buffet, they bring out an ice cream stand from about 3:30 to 4:00 (PM). On some ships its a different time, but its around that time.

(P.S. its not in the food part of the buffet, the stand is in the part where you eat or just outside the food part.)

If you keep walking past the rooms on the Lido deck you will reach a door to a deck over-looking the bow of the ship. Very windy but a great place to get pictures.

I found this door on the crown....almost noone knows how to get there.(not a place for kids though) wide spaced rails.....on the Golden anyone can get there from the outside deck...

Island Princess had a place called The Patisserie. They serve up brewed coffee and lattes. It was right off the main atrium. Brewed coffee was free there, but I believe there may be a card system in effect now.

there is..the card gets you free coffee (fresh brewed) and has 15 punch-outs for specialty coffee's, lattes ....they don't punch for the reg coffee

I had to bring this thread back up to the top, its amazing!!!

Also, I am a big coffee fan and am not looking forward to syrup coffee. Ill be on the Sapphire in a couple weeks and know there is no International Cafe. I was planning on getting the coffee card, but where would I go to get the good stuff?

Thanks!

each ship is different, when you buy the card..ask the person selling it to you....there's usually a few places to get the fresh coffee

Not that anyone would ever question you about a glass but if you have any concerns, just order a wine at the Captains welcome aboard party, instead of the pre-maid watered down drinks offered, & reuse that glass for all your refills from you personal stock during the entire cruise. (The glasses that they use at their bars are different) You can then refill it during the cruise & bring it to dinner each evening- nothing will ever be said- after all you could have been sitting at their bar having a drink before dinner & then carried with you.

I can't think of a single reason why I would care if a tablemate brought a glass of wine w/ them to dinner. Am I missing something? Too much time seems to be spent worrying about what other passengers are doing--as long as it doesn't put others in harms way let's let everyone enjoy their vacation in their own way.

ITA with the above post, which ITA with this subject previously in other post.

Not only have we brought a glass of our 'own' wine from our cabin, which we may not have had time to drink entirely to the dining room, and also we have bought in a bar a wine/drink and did not finish it before heading for the dining room...we have also bought from the ship, through room service, wine/drinks to have in our cabin and brought those into the dining room.

While cruising on RCL they do not allow any personal wine or liquor to be brought on board the ship AT ALL! Therefore, pax would need to purchase wine/drink either at the bar, dining room or from room service, which we have done. We did this on a RCCL cruise and did not have time to finish our wine/drink and brought it into the dining room. So this could also happen with pax who cruise with Princess. Some folks might just be bringing a drink they ordered through room service that they didn't finish to the dining room.

So again...to those folks that feel they KNOW who bring their 'own' wine/cocktails from their cabins....don't be so sure that just because folks walk into a dining room with a drink in their hands that they did NOT purchase it on the ship. And even if they didn't....don't be so judgemental...just enjoy your cruise and let others enjoy theirs.

The big if was--------If you were in a suite you could order from the dining room menus. Because last year on the Caribbean Princess in a Bal room on the Lido deck it was a no go, but my parents in a suite on Dolp could basically order anything and they got it. This year in Dec 08 I'll be in a suite-----Its my turn.

I wish this were true on all ships. It's very hit-and-miss and less common than it once was. Good for you if you got it to work, and there's no harm in trying even if it doesn't. I haven't had any success with this for a couple of years, and had given up trying. I'll give it a shot next month.

Another thing on those breakfast orders. You can write in a different time than the choices listed, and still get your delivery. The really good food service guys will call your cabin to make sure you are decent if it's really early in the AM.

Yes it is true they dock far from downtown, last cruise on CB they docked

right within walking distance to downtown and yes taxi's have gotten

quite expensive to/from Magens Bay or downtown. Our taxi driver had other taxi's yelling at him because he butted in line.

Please tell me how much you paid for the taxi? We leave in two weeks and are trying to decide how much cash to take.

Archived