Miracle Questions

mma3

My hubby and I booked a last minute cruise on the Miracle(July 30 out of NYC). We have only been on one other cruise, this past March on the Grand Princess so we have a few questions?

Formal night on the Grand was really anything goes would you say it is the same?

What nights are the formal nights?

Any suggestions on what to do about dinner when we dock in Puerto Rico at 3:00?

Which night would be best to book Nick and Nora's?

Princess had great vegetarian options does Carnival?

Thanks!!!

My hubby and I booked a last minute cruise on the Miracle(July 30 out of NYC). We have only been on one other cruise, this past March on the Grand Princess so we have a few questions?

Formal night on the Grand was really anything goes would you say it is the same?

What nights are the formal nights?

Any suggestions on what to do about dinner when we dock in Puerto Rico at 3:00?

Which night would be best to book Nick and Nora's?

Princess had great vegetarian options does Carnival?

Thanks!!!

Formal night on the Miracle was the first sea day, and the third sea day...people were VERY dressed up. I, too was on the Grand Princess and then the Miracle, and it seemed much more formal on the Miracle.

The first formal night was the Captain's Dinner, so people wore their more elegant gowns during this formal night.

The night that you dock in PR, I think most people went over to Senor Frog's. We were on the ship around dinner time, so I can't help you if you want to eat in PR, but if you want to eat on the ship that night, everything was empty empty empty!

I didn't notice a difference between the night's at Nick and Nora's. I walked past a lot of nights up on the Sun Deck, and it hardly seemed all that crowded to me, so just do what is most comfortable for you.

I don't think they were all that great with the vegetarian options. I could only speak for the buffet at Horatio's, though. I noticed there was a lot of lamb, fish, and always french fries, lol.

We were on the miracle 8/2004 and are going again this August. The formal nights were formal but you did see a few strays not too dressed. I would rather over dress than under.

As for PR(this will be our first time)-people do go to senor frogs-From what I hear it is a party atmosphere. We have 2 children 10 & 12 so we will not be visiting there. You can walk around San Juan and take in the sites. If you do not want to rush back for dinner, have a bigger lunch in the dining room and when you get back on the boat, have dinner at Horatios (upstairs)

Enjoy

If you're looking for somewhere to eat in San Juan, go to The Parrot Club on Forteleza. They open at 6 for dinner and it's first come, first serve so get in line early. If they still have the open air courtyard upstairs, that's my favorite spot for dinner.

We just came off the ship a month ago. They answered your question about the formal nights. Yes, many people went into San Juan to Senor Frog's including us although their food was good there! We booked Nick & Nora's on the night of Tortolla and it was really great.

Here's our website all about the Miracle including over 1000 pictures!

http://www.prucha.com/modules.php?name=Cruise_Mania

Last September, there was a great brewpub in Old San Juan that was perfect for a light meal/snack in the evening along with some tasty brews. Then we hit the buffet for a little noshing when we got back on board. Didn't really worry about missing the dining room. Oh yeah, then it was Monday Night Football on MUTS. Awesome!

I may have asked this already so I apologize if I'm a nuisance. Does anyone know if you can view the entire week's menus either at the main dining room or on your tv, etc.? I'm still leaning toward Nick & Nora's on St. Thomas day because the kids will be wiped out and probably not want to dress for dinner anyway. They can have pizza and we can have N & N's.

We did the supper club the night we were in San Juan. Lots of people were off the ship (although it was raining all afternoon). The supper club was empty, and everything was oh so just right.

Archived