OK to Bring Portable Steamer???

beekrock

I understand that bringing an iron is not an option, but what about those small steamers that I always see for sale at the mall? Last time, I tried the hang-your-clothes-in-the-bathroom-while-you-take-a-shower trick, but it didn't get the wrinkles out of my pants.

Really folks, here is the proper way to take care of wrinkles while on vacation on a cruise ship:

1. Turn shower on hot for a couple of minutes while putting wrinkled clothes on a hanger.

2. Turn off the shower, pull out the clothesline, hang the hanger with garment on the clothesline, and spray with wrinkle release.

3. Pour glass of wine and go sit on balcony to drink wine.

4. When wine is finished, go check on wrinkles.

5. If you still see wrinkles, repeat Steps 3 & 4.

6. If you still see wrinkles, repeat steps 3 & 4 until you can no longer see them or they start looking like cute little animals.

Ideas for a more enjoyable cruise.

i presume the bathroom portion is only a supplemental to the alcohol portion. i mean i suppose you COULD do something else while sipping your wine.

hehehehhehehehe.

by the way...those steamers that you see in the little kiosks at the mall...they ROCK! http://www.supersteamiron.com/ this is the one i have...just bring a little plastic container of salt...or acquire some from the dining room.

Really folks, here is the proper way to take care of wrinkles while on vacation on a cruise ship:

1. Turn shower on hot for a couple of minutes while putting wrinkled clothes on a hanger.

2. Turn off the shower, pull out the clothesline, hang the hanger with garment on the clothesline, and spray with wrinkle release.

3. Pour glass of wine and go sit on balcony to drink wine.

4. When wine is finished, go check on wrinkles.

5. If you still see wrinkles, repeat Steps 3 & 4.

6. If you still see wrinkles, repeat steps 3 & 4 until you can no longer see them or they start looking like cute little animals.

Ideas for a more enjoyable cruise.

I'm leaving my steamer at home next cruise. Your way is MUCH more enjoyable!

I understand that bringing an iron is not an option, but what about those small steamers that I always see for sale at the mall? Last time, I tried the hang-your-clothes-in-the-bathroom-while-you-take-a-shower trick, but it didn't get the wrinkles out of my pants.

I have used both on cruises depending on the amount of room I have in the luggage. The steamer takes up alot more room in your suitcase. If I use the iron, I stand it upright in the bathroom under the sink where it will do no damage to cool. I have never had a problem using either on the ship.

Carolyn

I do NO laundry, ironing, steaming on vacation.

I pack my clothes on the hangars from the dry cleaner in the plastic bags or those not from the cleaners between tissue paper. Never a wrinkle:)

Tho...I do like "retired not expired" tips...sounds like fun;) He/she is a PRO:D

You may bring a travel iron if you choose to do so.

Archived