Is it cold or not in the dining room and lounges??

dale594

Will I be cold or not in the lounges and dining room when I wear my sleeveless or spaghetti strap dresses? I am going on the Carnival Miracle in July. Thanks!

I was glad to have brought a sweater/jacket/wrap for my outfits. I was chilly in both the dining room and lounge. It can't hurt to bring them and if you don't need them, no biggie...but if you don't have them, you're not going to bhe happy if you're freezing.

I thought Celebrity was warm -both in the dining room and the lounges - never felt chilly except immediately after a rasul treatment (Guess all that warm mud and showers made the air feel cooler).

It's one of those things that you won't know until you get there!

I'm always warm, thanks to my beloved hot flashes (not). When the room is cold I'm happy about it. This past Christmas cruise, the dining room was very warm, every night. I did not see any of the women around us using shawls, wraps or sweaters.

Remember: The temperature is controlled by men wearing suits, long sleeved shirts/ties and socks are are usually busy running around. They keep the temps at a tropical 32 degree's. It's awful and almost every woman, except those with hot flashes, complains of being cold and uncomfortable and nothing is ever done.

Bring shawls and/or cardigans.

It depends! How's that for a helpful answer! On some ships I'm cold, others not. Some venues are cooler than others. Just be prepared with a sweater, shawl or jacket; if you need it, you've got it, if you don't, lay it aside.

Of course, with my lovely hot flashes, I can go from freezing to steaming and back again in seconds.

Will I be cold or not in the lounges and dining room when I wear my sleeveless or spaghetti strap dresses? I am going on the Carnival Miracle in July. Thanks!

Take sweaters and wraps. The dining room wasn't too bad, but I thought the lounges where a little cold on the Miracle but not as bad as on the Explorer and Serenade...........brrrrrrrrrrrrrr. (I needed a blanket!)

I already have a black shawl, but it's more decorative than anything. I've been looking around to find something a little more substantial before the cruise. Gotta go with black tho, so it will go with everything.

OK Here is my 2cents. The dinning rooms are kept at 68-72 with lots of air circulation. I love it! Being a fluffy person with hot flashes it has always been the perfect temp. as far as the theaters and lounges, people usually go to those after a meal and generally you feel colder after you eat.If you are the type of person that is always cold in a restaurant you will feel the same on the ship. Happy sailing, Chris

Everyone is different.

I, for one have never felt cold when others around me said they were freezing!! (This was even prior to the menopausal days of cruising!!)

I used to work with a guy who would sweat profusely while eating ice cream in the winter!!

Some cruises I've been on, I'm amazed to see people strolling on deck with jackets when I'm sweating to death in short sleeves.

Carry a wrap, shawl or jacket...it's there if you need it!!

I WISH my hot flashes were over in seconds.

Mine are more like "hot & sweaty for a while, then cold & clammy, I'll be back to normal in about 30-40 minutes and after a shower, but do NOT ask me to focus during this time" episodes.

I don't know what's available on the Miracle, but many onboard shops sell inexpensive wraps in every color imaginable, so if you didn't want to take anything with you, you could spend $10 for one of these soft wraps and be prepared for anything.

T

Hi, I am never cold in the Dining room but as others have

said, we are all different. While some are always cold, others

are warm...just depends on the person.

Hi Jane:)and Kathy:)

And T:) great to see you again!

We did the Miracle in August and I frequently needed a sweater in the dining room. (disclaimer: I'm typically cold anyway)

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived