Anyone back from the Pride?

johnaricka

I'm with you on that. We need some reviews to tide us over. Sunday feels sooo far away. I just have to work Wednesday/Thursday/Friday and then its vacation time for me.

So close, and yet, so far.

me and my wife and kids are going on the pride in feb. seems so far away still, will you be posting a review when you return? we went on the pride a few years ago and it was so much fun thats why we picked the pride again

of course I would do a review!!! that is the fun of these boards!!

I'm with you on that. We need some reviews to tide us over. Sunday feels sooo far away. I just have to work Wednesday/Thursday/Friday and then its vacation time for me.

So close, and yet, so far.

I cant wait!!! I will see you there!!!

I was also on the most recent ill-fated sailing of the Pride. If there are any immediate questions you might have, please ask and I will endeavour to answer.

Overall rating: Excellent!

Do tell...what was the problem with the delay? How did everyone react? do you have a review for us? Hope so. Love reading them. Now, for the questions!!!:D

How was the food?

What excursions did you do?

How were the shows?

How was the dress code?

Anyone smuggle booze?

Anyone get caught?

Did you take kids?

That should do it for now....thanks in advance!!!

Do tell...what was the problem with the delay? The captains explanation is that one of the engines was not working at full speed and needed to be recalibrated, his engineers were telling him about some "electronic mumbo jumbo". On Saturday morning they turned off the engines and we drifted for a couple of hours while the engineers worked on the problem. When they turned the engines back on, the problem had not been fixed, we were still sailing at about 15/ 16 kn p h. That is when they were predicting that we would get in at about 6 on Sunday evening. However, later Saturday afternoon we noticed that the vibrations had smoothed out (we were in aft cabin and it was very noisy and lots of vibrations) and that the engine was back up to 22 kn p h. That is when the captain came back on and said we would be in at about 11 a.m.

How did everyone react? As far as I could see everyone reacted well. Carnival opened up the phone lines for people to make flight adjustments, those who had booked airfare with Carnival had no worries, Carnival looked after them completely. We live in LA so no worries for us, we just drove home. I was very impressed with Carnival's reaction to this problem. The staff maintained their composure and sense of humour, and I didn't see any strong reaction amongst the passengers.

do you have a review for us? Hope so. Love reading them. Now, for the questions!!!:D

How was the food? The food was great; lots of variety in both the dining room and on the lido deck. We especially enjoyed dinner at David's - the filet just melted in your mouth. And desserts!!! wow!!! got to try that warm chocolate melting cake at least once.

What excursions did you do? In PV we did the Mismaloya and city tour; in Mazatlan we did Randi's Happy Horses - which we highly recommend regardless of your horsebacking riding abilities or experience; in Cabo we did the sea kayaking and again had a fabulous time. We enjoyed Cabo the best.

How were the shows? We only made it to the first show and it was as expected, lots of glitzy costume changes, dancing and singing.

How was the dress code? We dressed for formal nights (hubby looked fabulous in his tux) but regardless of what you wear, you will not be out of place. With 2200 people on board, there was a wide range of attire.

Anyone smuggle booze? Can't speak for the rest of the ship but we took an extra bottle of scotch and had no problems.

Anyone get caught? Can't speak for the rest of the ship, but we had no problems.

Did you take kids? No, left the furballs with a friend. There were only about 500 kids on our sailing (down from 1000 in March). They were a beehive of activity, I saw kids with pirate hats and painted faces running around at lunch, lots of smiles and laughing.

How was the food? The food in the dining room was great, and the service was outstanding. The lunch buffet was good, but not fabulous, although the range of choices was great. I loved the goat cheese and mushroom pizza, and DH loved the Cesar Salad and garlic bread up at the Pizza station.

What excursions did you do? Dolphin swim in Puerto Vallarta (through Carnival), a Stone Island tour that I booked privately in Mazatlan, and just hopped in a taxi to the Melia San Lucas Hotel in Cabo. If and when I have it to do over again, I would go to Stone Island by myself (not on a tour) and hang out at Victor's. I would DEFINITELY go to the Melia San Lucas Hotel again. The Dolphin swim was AMAZING, but not something I'm likely to be able to afford to do again any time soon.

How were the shows? We saw the first production show (not really my husband's THING). The dancing and costumes were great - the singing not so much. I really enjoyed both comedians - especially the midnight shows. The "Newlywed/Not-So-Newlywed" Show was a RIOT. Definitely put that on your to-do list.

How was the dress code? Casual during the day, a mixture at night. I saw people in Tuxes and Evening Gowns on formal nights, and others in jeans and t-shirts elsewhere on the ship. People at a table near ours wore western wear on formal night - I remember the guy was wearing a bola necklace (is that what those are called?) instead of a tie, and looked nice. The dress was really all over the place, and everyone seemed to be fine about it.

Anyone smuggle booze? Yeppers. Coconut rum, which mixed beautifully with the various juices available at the Lido buffet. Packed it in Rumrunner Flasks in my checked luggage.

Anyone get caught? Not that I heard about.

Did you take kids? Yes, my DD who turned 6 on the cruise. It was her first cruise and she LOVED it. The Camp Carnival counselors tried her in the 6-8 age group, and did end up putting her in that group. That was nice since that group had activities in other areas of the ship other than just Camp Carnival. For instance, they got reserved seats at the first production show in the lounge, and after the show they got to meet one of the Pride dancers. The next day they had an activity in the Disco, and got to be taught a dance by that same Pride dancer. The kids aren't just roaming about the ship or anything, they have VERY strict sign-in and sign-out procedures, so I felt very safe, and she had a BLAST.

I will tell you that the pools were COLD!!!! Now I understand why the kids are all piled into the jacuzzis (which they were). The pools are just too darn cold to swim in until you get really far south - and even then they were still pretty cold in April. I really wish they would heat the pools.

Another recommendation: Check out the Piano bar in the evening. I had SO much fun there, and Duane, the piano player was great! I wish I had discovered that place earlier in the cruise than I did.

That should do it for now....thanks in advance!!!

If you have any further questions, I'll be happy to answer them. I'm sure you'll have a WONDERFUL time!

Archived