How Much Have You Saved?

I was just wondering...between price drops, and residency rate specials, how much have you saved on one room, double occ. for one cruise sailing? I have a cruised booked, and I know not to expect the price to drop, but it would be nice. So, I was just curious to see how much the most saved was. There is always wishful thinking.:D

I've saved $1500 in the past month on the 6/22/07 Explorer. The first reduction was a residency discount of about $1000 and I chose not to take that money and move us from a D1 to a JS. I know I should have taken the money but the aft JS sounded really good with the kids. Then last week there was another $500 drop and I quickly took the cash.

Before this, I have never received a price drop on any line.

On our upcoming cruise in September we were able to go from an inside room to a balcony and get an add'l $460 credit. We booked early and watched the prices go up and down. When they went down we called.

Carol

Apparently, we saved a lot by booking a year out - there have been no price reductions on our sailing and we paid less for our balcony than oceanviews are currently priced at.

Our ship is sold out, but I will keep checking after final payment has been made to see if there are any drops.

We have saved on some best was $600 pp on the voyager and my cruise now for the explorer in feb has gone up 400pp since we booked but i also watch everyday and see what happens, also keep check after final payment as you can still get a price reduction as they just put the money back on your credit card!

I saved $240 on my last Mariner cruise. Resident discount. None of the others I have booked are dropping. But quite honestly, I got some really, really good deals on the 4 I have booked. I've watched the price of JS on Feb 08 AOS go up $600 since I booked. D1 & D2 just went up too. The deal I got on Enchantment for May 08 was beyond belief. The D1 was cheaper than OV! And November 08 Mariner is still running really great prices.

But, I still check every day. You never know:)

I check rates all the time also. Last year on our TA, I called and got a reduction of ~$200 w/the new senior rates and then saved another $800 when the Residency rate was applied. Our TA this year just dropped $380 for seniors. But when I called the 'consultant' she said she did not have that rate. I had her recheck her info and she had a 'glitch' and yes there was a new rate. It pays to repeat a request, politely of course; or call back and speak to a different person. Good luck to anyone looking for better rates. It pays (literally) to be diligent.

I was just wondering...between price drops, and residency rate specials, how much have you saved on one room, double occ. for one cruise sailing? I have a cruised booked, and I know not to expect the price to drop, but it would be nice. So, I was just curious to see how much the most saved was. There is always wishful thinking.:D
Last cruise (RC) I had several price drops, which resulted in a 1/3 reduction! It was an October date on Mariner; originally it was about 3K, and the final price was just over 2K. I watched religiously and had some luck -- I don't think this was a typical week. The biggest help was a $99 special for the 3rd and 4th passenger.

This cruise, though my hopes were high, NOTHING! I'm not sure whether price drops have become less frequent, or whether they just don't need to discount Thanksgiving week. The price of the cruise has gone up, not down.

Because of my previous success, I am a little disappointed.

Nver got a price drop but watch daily for them. I do consider the fact that the cabins we all booked have all gone up b/b 100-300$ each since booking a saving (in my mind anyway) Not really expecting a price drop we are on LOS in April 08 & it seems pretty full already!

Never knew about price drops until I found Cruise critics. We have save $100 on our upcoming Explorer cruise in January. Check every day to see if it has fallen any more. Since price drop fare has gone up $300.

Ann

Archived